1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Welcome to the DIS Boards!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by WebmasterPete, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Sweetsus

Sweetsus Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! I'm new 2. Have been looking at the site for info for some time now but only registering now. Look forward to discussing all things Disney with you all!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. erdmanre

erdmanre Earning My Ears

Is it worth it to book the tickets with the options of water parks for december? Ive been in December and I don't remember if it was too cold or not...

4. pixieme

pixieme Earning My Ears

:goodvibes So Glad to be here. We are coming for our second visit to the World with a land and sea package. Boy I wish I would have found the DIS when I was making the arrangements. I will know better next time.

5. Christmas-in-Disney

Christmas-in-Disney Mouseketeer

I have learned so much already about planning for our upcoming trip! I look forward to even more I will uncover in the 104 more days until we leave! Thanks to all!

6. ppavlik

ppavlik Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!:cheer2:
    This is my 1st post (hope this is right)
    I just found this website. We are planning a trip for the week of Christmas. We have been many times before but never at Christmas.
    We are wanting to try the character dining. Any suggestion?:confused3
    This information here is so helpful I am so glad I found it.
    I’m looking foward to be a part of all the fun.
    103 days to go!!!
    Paula
    :tinker:

7. pl'smama

pl'smama <font color=royalblue>A distant relation<br><font

Hi Paula and welcome to the DIS!! You will love this place. It is my home away from home!!

Character Dining is one of the best ways to see and meet the characters without having to stand in a long line in the hot weather or miss out due to rain. We love Character Dining.

Depending on who are your favorites and if you have any children, I would suggest going to Chef Mickey's first. You can do breakfast or dinner there. I am not sure about lunch. It is at the Contemporary Resort and is a wonderful place to dine and interact with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donal. They dress in chef's gear and will spend a few moments at your table. The food is pretty good to and it is a buffet.

Our other favorite is the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom and it to is a buffet. You get to meet Winnie the Pooh and his gang and you don't have to leave the park.

My other personal favorite is O'hanas for breakfast at the Poly Resort. You get a family style breakfast ( not sure on dinner as we have just done breakfast) and you meet Lilo, Stich, Mickey and Pluto! They have fun stuff for the kids to do during your meal.

Of course for princess interaction there is Cinderella's Castle which is a wonderful treat. At breakfast you meet several other princesses to and at dinner you will meet the Fairy GOdmother. You can also do a meal at the Akershus Princess Storybook meal in the Norway Pavillion at Epcot. You get to meet five princess and they do change a bit. Last time we were there was Belle, Jasmine, Pocohontas, Cinderella and Ariel. It was a lovely time.

There are many other options to, but these are my favorites. Oh, the dinner at 1900 Park Faire is wonderful. This is at the Grand Floridian resort and is with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the Stepmother and Step Sisters! It is a riot to see them and your kids can dance with Cinderella and the Prince!

Have fun planning!

Suz

8. Dianatlol

Dianatlol ºoº Disney World / Cruise Addict ºoº

glad I found this place! It will help with next year, 4 days land, 3 sea!

9. ppavlik

ppavlik Earning My Ears

Thank you so much

10. bitlerzx4

bitlerzx4 DIS Veteran

this is my 1st post.

I, personally have been to DW several time.
    Honeymooned there
    my kids..well in Oct 08 it will be their 1st time. :cloud9:

11. foodlover_US

foodlover_US Mouseketeer

Wow. That will be so nice.
    You have lots of memories attached to D-land.:hippie:

Anyways Welcome to the forum.:dance3:

12. MY3GUYSINNE

MY3GUYSINNE Earning My Ears

Hey there all, i am earning my ears as well.......
    We are going to WDW for our first time (A lifelong dream of mine) Jan 2-9 2009.

I do have a question if someone can point me in the right direction.
    What does the photopass entail. Is it worth it to get it?

Thanks in advance for all the help and happing planning to all.

13. erdmanre

erdmanre Earning My Ears

I too am interested in learning more about this!

14. MouseHouseUK

MouseHouseUK Happily living in my own version of Disneyland

Hello everyone!

Just found this forum after a long time of searching! Great to be here - I have always loved Mickey and Minnie and in total my collection stands at just under 2,000 bits :woohoo: and have never been to a Disneyland park (yet!)

Speak to you all soon!

15. qweasdzxc1000

qweasdzxc1000 Earning My Ears

That's great my name is Katie and I'm new here!!!!!!!!:cool1: ::yes::

16. qweasdzxc1000

qweasdzxc1000 Earning My Ears

I love being here.It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cooooooooool :scared1:

17. Sitka

Sitka Earning My Ears

Hello All!

Another newbie here, and I am so excited to have found this site. I think it will become my new addiction!

I've been checking out all the forums for the past couple of days, and I can't believe all of the information available, and how helpful everyone is. I'm really enjoying the DISign forum!

It's been 17 years since my last trip to Disneyland. I'll be taking my husband, and two daughters (4 and 6) next year for their first trip!

Anyway, thanks everyone for all you do around here.:cheer2:

Sitka

18. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Hello - new to this site and not sure what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated.

19. AJA

AJA DIS Veteran

New here too!

I've been reading the board for a few weeks now, we just returned from a week at POFQ and thanks to this board we had a wonderful trip!:cool1:

20. alwaysdisney

alwaysdisney Mouseketeer

You will LOVE IT for Christmas time. We had celebrated last Christmas there and it was so wonderful, we have decided to take my future father-in-law with us this year from Dec 5-8. We're also going back on Oct 30-Nov2 for the Food & Wine Festival which we're looking forward to that as well.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

21. perriwinkleblue

perriwinkleblue Mouseketeer

Hello from me! I'm a newbie here. We've been to Disney many times, so, after lurking for a while:rolleyes1 I wanted to jump in and see if In could offer anyone helpful input. The DISBOARDS are THE go-to forums for all things Disney. I have found so much info here.
    Posting to forums, in general, is new to me. I hope I understand the etiquette and don't offend anyone. Everyone here seems so nice:)