Welcome to the DIS Boards!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by WebmasterPete, Sep 14, 2003.

1. mickeymyluv

mickeymyluv Earning My Ears

I have never, ever been in a discussion group. So, I really am a newbie. So far I'm loving it! :love: I'm not sure how to include pictures and other things I see.:confused3 Hopefully I can learn and be able to share. :goodvibes This is a brand new experience for me. Maybe I too can make magic happen. :wizard: You all share sure great things. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all have to offer and hoping to do the same.:yay:
    Thank you all...:worship:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ritawith4

Ritawith4 Earning My Ears

Hi
    I am a longtime lurker. I've taken 3 Disney trips in the past 4 years and I got all my info from the boards. I finally decided it was time to introduce myself and start posting. Thanks for all the info already.
    Rita

4. lesjules

lesjules Earning My Ears

Hi everyone wow this site has grown it will take me a long time to get around!
    love Juliex

5. island cricket

island cricket www.declareliberty.com

Aloha from the rock in the middle of the Pacific! WoW is all i can say! What a great place to meet incredible people! I found this site and am thrilled as it's helped with a lot of planning.

I visited WDW back in 94 when I was married with no kids (dink) and it truly was one of the most magical trips. I will be visiting again in Oct with 2 kids plus a boyfriend (that sounds so weird at 45) and his 2 kids. For everyone else, it'll be a first time. What excites me most is the kids, ages 10-13, have no idea we are going. We are keeping it a surprise and until they figure it out on their own. They think we are going to California to visit family, although, I've never said where, I've just said we're going to visit family and of course, Mickey and the gang are considered family. Because they are savvy in travel, the 2 older ones will probably figure it out when we are at the airport. Since we're connecting in Atlanta, I'm hoping it will only say ATL and not Orlando, therefore, they'll be confused as to why we would be going to ATL. If it doesn't click with them before that, they will definitely know by the time we board our connecting to WDW. OH MY, the expressions and excitement when that hits them will be one of my highlights of the whole trip.

So I thank each and everyone of you who have contributed anything to this board. Reading some posts has made me laugh, salivate (from the food) and even choke with tears. I have gathered a lot of information that will make this trip very successful. I cannot wait to post some of our experiences from our trip. Mahalo again! Evalani:hippie:

6. SoScary'09

SoScary'09 Has Friends on the Other Side

Like yeah dude....

Another n00b. I found my way here due to next year's big trip! This site is super helpful and has answered nearly all of my questions about everything from hotels to menu prices. I'll be wandering about gettin' my knowledge.....so see you all around the forum.

7. foodlover_US

foodlover_US Mouseketeer

Hello & welcome all newbies:surfweb: to this wonderful forum

:dance3: :dance3:

8. dizneykid1125

dizneykid1125 Jedi Knight in Training and Dog Agility Boy

9. Dismom55

Dismom55 DIS Veteran

Just thought I would give myself an introduction. I have been using Dis for info for well over two years and find myself coming back so I thought I should join. Went to WDW for Christmas thru New Year for 2007, that being my 3rd trip. Planning another trip just a Mother/Daughter outing for Sep 2009.

Thanks for all the great info in the past and future.princess:

10. Morsel (Chris/Lynn)

Morsel (Chris/Lynn) Mouseketeer

My wife and I have been to WDW and on DCL cruises over the last several years. I got talked into doing WDW over Xmas this year with friends we have cruised with. I have read many reports from people who have done Xmas, and the new year, at WDW. Many pros and cons as to going at this time. How was your experience?
    Chris

11. Boog's Mommy

Boog's Mommy A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...

Hi! I'm new to the DIS Boards site. I wasn't quite sure how I start to post comments to the different threads, so I am experiencing with my first post now. My husband and I honeymooned in Disney World in 1999 and we have been going back every year since then. We now have a 1 year old son, Avery Elvis, which we have already taken to Disney when he was just 8 months old. I know it sounds crazy, but he had a really good time. I could tell because of all the smiles I got out of him. Anyway, we actually have done a ton of research on Disney and feel that we are pretty knowledgable on the subject. So hopefully I can help out people with answers to their questions, and they can enlighten me to some stuff I don't know. Looking forward to meeting new people.

12. Minnie_in_Canada

Minnie_in_Canada Earning My Ears

Newbie here,

Which code snippet do I use to add my Countdown ticker??

13. lovetoscrap

lovetoscrap Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there. Moderator

You need to use the BBC code. :)

14. Lil Tink's Nana

Lil Tink's Nana Earning My Ears

Thanking all for your warm welcome.!!!:dance3:

15. lovedisney56

lovedisney56 Earning My Ears

Hey everyone.
    I just signed up and I know I'm going to have a lot of fun!

16. onescgirl

onescgirl DIS Veteran

hi everyone!
    I'm going on my 1st Disney trip in Sept '08.:woohoo:
    I've been waiting 38 years for this trip & I'm really obsessed with it.
    I'm not getting anything done around the house because I'm "researching" on the net:surfweb:

I LOVE this site!!! It has helped me so much!
    But, the problem I'm having with the site is that I see something on the forum & then later I can't re-find it.
    I found where someone made some cute autograph books and now I can't find where I saw it. I've done the 'search', but still cannot find it.
    I have requested 'Mickey' design from someone, but now I'm not sure if I can refind that thread either.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to look at the threads because there are soooo many.

Thanks so much!

17. Dismom55

Dismom55 DIS Veteran

We had a blast, instead of sleeping in late, we got up and got to the parks just after opening, the crowds were low, the weather pleasant. It was great. After eating dinner, usually we left and went back to the resort. By that time things were really crowded, did not see much of the parades and fireworks, but the lines were short for the attractions during most of the day by getting there early. We could have stayed later and put up with the crowds, but I have a very bad back and by dinner time, I was exhausted and needed to head back to the resort for some relaxation.

Have a good time! Oh yes, of course the major rides filled up fast, but because of my back can't do the wilder ones, but kids got there, did the ride and then got a fast pass on the way out, so most rides they did more than once.

18. stinker_tinker06

stinker_tinker06 my friends all think i am crazy but i

Hello everyone I am new to this site but not new to the idea. Now to throw in the awww factor i am the daughter of Dismom55 so when all my friends are tired of my obsession to all things Disney i can go talk to me mom cause she will never tell me to shut up about Disney

19. diskris

diskris Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!!! I'm Kristin. I am a big Disney fan and I think I drive everyone around me nuts because I love it so much. I just went to WDW at the end of July with my boyfriend's family and my mom was so jealous she booked a trip for the end of August and we already had one planned for November. So I am really working out my AP this year!

Our stay in August will be our first stay at a Deluxe resort and it will be at the Poly! Hopefully I won't cry out of happiness!

20. followthatmouse

followthatmouse Mouseketeer

Hello, all at Disboards. I have been very fortunate to belong to a family who loved to travel. My first trip to WDW was as a very young girl in 1978. We have returned every three or four years. I was thrilled to find a message board with like-minded Disney lovers. I hope that I am able to contribute to the community here.

21. alternativepirate

alternativepirate Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! I'm a student from Canada and I am so excited to join DIS and start posting. I am a huge disney world fan!:thumbsup2 I usually go a couple times a year and I always can't wait to go back. I love finding hidden mickeys! This community looks awesome