Welcome to the DIS Boards!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by WebmasterPete, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Cinderpals

Cinderpals DIS Veteran

blue Hi! I'm planning our trip to WDW this October -November!! I haven't picked our hotel yet, but I'm thinking about the Wilderness Lodge!! We'll be going to the Halloween Party too!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MyLaughingPlace

MyLaughingPlace Earning My Ears

Hi there! Glad to have found more people with a love of all things disney like myself! I am trying a new disney trip this year-just me and two children, ages 4 and 7. I know my way around Disney, but does anyone have any recommendation (resorts, restaurants, getting around, etc.) to help make my trip run more smoothly for the three of us?princess:

4. KayleeUK

KayleeUK Still here.....

Welcome :)

Looks like you have stayed in a few Disney resorts before :) Are there any that your children fancy :)

5. Isa

Isa Guest

6. stich626

stich626 Mouseketeer

I am planning my second visit to WDW. I cannot wait. It's gonna be a girls only trip!!!! I cannot wait. Mickey I am coming back!

7. Cinderpals

Cinderpals DIS Veteran

Hi! I just got back from my 2nd WDW trip this year. We'll be returning once again in December, then a Mommy & daughter trip in Jan/Feb, a trip for my 11yr old son during Star Wars weekend in May/June!! We have Annual Passes, so we're getting our money's worth! When I took just the kids (ages 3, 11), we stayed at the Carribean Beach Resort which has the largest rooms of the moderate resorts. We requested a refrigerator (ended up getting it free since WDW is adding them to mods and deluxes) for quick sandwiches. I purchased a large hotpot for $10 at Target and brought soup, ravioli & corn. This really came in handy for quick meals. It wasn't reallly about the money savings, eventhough, we saved a ton of money on meals. It was more about the convenience of eating what I knew the kids would eat. It helped keeping a snack drawer to grab snacks for the park, and having ice-cold bottles of water & apple juice bottles. We took a limo service from the airport with a courtesy stop to a grocery store. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

During our recent stay at the Contemporary, we ate more meals at the park and went to Character Meals and restaurant meals outside of the park. Since my DH was with us, it was a whole new ballgame! Did find a Super Target on the way from the airport just down the street from the Albertson's I had stopped at before. Great bagels! ( I had to purchase another Chicco stroller there, since we forgot ours at home!) They had one left! Whew!!:earsgirl:

8. pixiedust23

pixiedust23 DIS Veteran

How do you change your own tag?

9. KayleeUK

KayleeUK Still here.....

Click the UserCP panel at the top of the page :)

10. pixiedust23

pixiedust23 DIS Veteran

I can't find it in there at all. People have told me to put the information in right below my birthdate information on the profile page, but there is no customized text spot there. I tried to put it in the biography section, which includes location, sex, etc, but that didnt come up. I think I might be a moron!

11. KayleeUK

KayleeUK Still here.....

Now thinking about it I think you may have to be registered for a little while before you have the option to do that.

Post on the TECH board and they will tell you for definate :)

12. pixiedust23

pixiedust23 DIS Veteran

Ok thanks. I thought you just had to have 75 posts to be able to change it, but I guess not. Either that or the CP hates me.

13. pampam

pampam DIS Veteran

Pardon my ignorance. Where do I find a Quick Reply Icon? What do they look like? By the way, I get very frustrated with changes. I realize it's not your fault. I will catch on in time.

14. vacationwoman

vacationwoman DIS Veteran

:flower1: :rockband:

hmm it put in smilies I didn't click on, and didn't add the quote

15. vacationwoman

vacationwoman DIS Veteran

It adds quotes and smilies not chosen

16. KayleeUK

KayleeUK Still here.....

Remember change is good :)

The Quick reply Icon is listed on the last poster's entry. At the bottom right of the entry is Edit, Quote and the next icon is Quick Reply :)

17. kozmo

kozmo <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Wow!This is something else,this is the first time i have been on since before Thanksgiving,and all i can say is ,"WOW"!This is going to take getting used too,but i like it!!

18. Brittney

Brittney Brittney

Hi all,

Where shall I begin? Well, my name is Brittney.
    (Hence my username.) I am, obviously new to
    the forums. I have been home schooled by both
    of my parents throughout my entire seventeen
    and a half years of life. (In the state of Texas,
    to be exact.) I, personally feel I have gained
    quite a bit of moral standards for myself. (As
    opposed to attending public school, I mean.)
    I, as well enjoy writing novels in my spare time.

19. KayleeUK

KayleeUK Still here.....

Welcome to the DIS Brittney :wave:

20. jazum

jazum Earning My Ears

I'm not sure how to go about posting a question or replying to information already posted. I keep getting messages that I cann't reply. I' m not sure which board will get be started with this info.I'm not very quick with the computer.

21. jazum

jazum Earning My Ears

hi just testing this out