Welcome to the DIS Boards!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by WebmasterPete, Sep 14, 2003.

1. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

:welcome: to the DIS, Kim! If you haven't been to POFQ before, be assured you will love it. ::yes:: Hope both of your trips are magical! pixiedust:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jenflamingo1

jenflamingo1 Gone With The Wind Girl

Hello there , longtime lurker .I stumbled upon the Disboards a while ago and am grateful for all the info.Next trip POR-AB after Easter and am even now contemplating bounceback.:goodvibes:goodvibes

4. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

:welcome: to the DIS! Glad you decided to stop lurking and join us. ::yes:: Hope your upcoming trip is magical! pixiedust:

5. mikedoyleblogger

mikedoyleblogger DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum (as a poster, though a longtime reader) but not new to Disney. I've lived in Chicago for 10 years, but I'm originally from New York. Even when I lived on the east coast, Disneyland was my "home" park (at one point I was a cross-country AP!) I haven't been back to DLR in a few years, but in March I'm finally changing that by bringing my partner there for his 40th birthday weekend. (First time at DLR and in California for him, so it should be very special.)

I'm looking forward to all the new changes, and hopefully to going back to being a regular visitor. I've always loved the charm and friendliness in Disneyland--I sometimes refer to a Disney vacation as my version of a beach vacation. Disney fans get that, other people just look at me funny. Good. One less person to crowd the park!

I also would love to visit the World. I haven't been since I was kid (1970s), so obviously it's a much different, much larger place than last time I was there. I remember staying at the Poly and loving the fountains when I was 3, and riding Space when I was 7, but that's about it. So definitely time to revisit Orlando and make new memories.

As for me, I'm a middle-aged communications consultant and former urban planner, no idea how to drive a car, and a future rabbi (if my rabbinic school application is successful and the money comes together.) But an equally big dream is to live in SoCal within driving distance of DLR. For DLR, even after 42 years, I'd learn!

6. Joysnote

Joysnote Mouseketeer

Welcome Mike! I have to say I live about 5 minutes North of Cinderella's Castle here in Orlando, but I still love Disneyland the best too!

I do have to take offense to one thing you posted, we are not middle aged, 50 is the new 30! LOL At least I feel too young to be middle aged.

Have a wonderful trip to Disneyland!

7. mickeyandminnie8485

mickeyandminnie8485 Earning My Ears

Ian and I (Sonia, lol) are new to the DIS forum and we're already loving it! We've been together for 10 years now and never better. One of the many things that keeps us going is our insane love for -anything- Disney, especially when the majority of adults turn their noses up at us for loving it so much! :) We are busily planning a Disney Cruise and have now decided that each marriage anniversary (almost) will always be something Disney related. We can't wait to talk and get advice from a bunch of cool Disney fans, just like ourselves! Thanks guys :)

8. mickeyandminnie8485

mickeyandminnie8485 Earning My Ears

Hi! I must say your post made me laugh! I know what you mean about people not getting how wonderful a Disney vacation can be! :)

9. Dan the Light Man

Dan the Light Man Dan the Light Man

I look forward to joining in on the chatter every now and than!!
    I have been listening since June of 2011 and just decided to "look you up" when i heard about the live podcasts; great to put a face with the voice (ok, a few faces and voices...)!! We are heading to the World in March for a cruise and than Flower & Garden, it is our favorite WDW event by far so we are excited to see the changes; they FINALY did something new!!
    Anyway you all do a GREAT job and i love the show!:worship:Thanks

10. manx27

manx27 Earning My Ears

Hey all
    Finally registered after many years of lurking.
    Orlando resident, passholder, former cast member and team member.
    I like to go to Universal or Disney 3-4 times a month (no Sea World pass yet)

Great community! I can't wait to read more.

11. jchong71

jchong71 Earning My Ears

Wife and I loved our visits to Orlando when we were in the midwest. Now w/ a little one under 2yrs old, we get to re-live the Disney experience.

This site is great and so useful.

My wife tends to be pretty organized and prepared for the parks...for example, when the Mountain ride opened in Animal Kingdom (within months of first opening)...we were able to log in 5 rides that day even though the lines were at 3hrs by 1pm. W/ the little guy, I don't think we'll get that efficient, but who knows.

Looking forward to contributing as well as getting some knowledge here.

we have special insights for SF area (obviously) but also the isl. Oahu (Hawaii) so hit us up for tips.

12. Tinkerbellfan25

Tinkerbellfan25 Earning My Ears

13. Tinkerbellfan25

Tinkerbellfan25 Earning My Ears

14. IcePoppe

IcePoppe Earning My Ears

My name is Rachel and I will be joining my best friend, her husband, and their 2.5 year old son in December 2013, staying at Art of Animation in the Cars wing! We're all very excited for the trip, and I have been reading the forums to get tips and advice from all of you pros!

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone!

Gosh, I'm ready to leave NOW!

15. jenji124

jenji124 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone thought I would say hi again. I registered a long time ago and rarely posted. I'm looking forward to being back here on the board and planning upcoming trips and a cruise!

16. niamommy31

niamommy31 Earning My Ears

Hey I just booked a disney cruise for next year and am trying to start a rollcall thread for it but can't figure out how to start a thread

17. MerlinsApprentice

MerlinsApprentice Earning My Ears

I've never really been a poster on any site, but I'm excited to have found a place here. It's been really fun so far!

18. sweetleenie

sweetleenie Earning My Ears

Hi

Here is another newbie who finally got courage to say hi after lurking for about a year! :blush: DIS boards are so addicting!

I became a Disney fanatic upon completion of the Disney College Program in 2007 (Chef Mickeys at CR). So far I have converted 2 friends to Disney fans, but I really want to make more good friends who love Disney as much as I do! :lovestruc

Just got back from my 2/2-2/10 2013 WDW trip and already planning for December 2013 and January 2014 trips! LOL.

Have a beautiful day all!

Hugs and kisses,

Leenie

19. PeachPrincess

PeachPrincess Earning My Ears

We are planning our second Disney trip in May 2014. We were going to go in October of this year but....just found out I am going to be a grandma and my daughter is due in October!!! :jumping1:So we will wait till May. The baby will be about 7 months by then! It will be fun. I also have two younger children who will be 13 and 8 at the time and another son that will be 19. Plus his girlfriend, my daughter's husband and stepson, daughter's best friend and her baby, my younger daughter's best friend, and another one of my oldest daughter's friends, her husband and 1 year old. So we will be a big crowd! I can't wait! :banana:

20. pmead50

pmead50 Earning My Ears

I am a former DVC member that cant remember how to rent points. I am interested in happyann79 post, how do I tell her I am interested?
    Thanks!

21. hsophia

hsophia Earning My Ears

HI everyone!
    This is my first post here, just signed up today after seeing so many of my Disney Twitter friends using it! Trying to understand everything :)