1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Welcome to the DIS Boards!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by WebmasterPete, Sep 14, 2003.

1. candy wife

candy wife Earning My Ears

Hey there everyone! Just wanted to break the ice in here. I am a wife and mama to 2 gorgeous and awesome kiddos. We are all HUGE Disney fans since birth... I have conditioned my kids to love Disney from day one just as my parents did for me :) We are only a couple hours from WDW so we head there as much as we can.
    I wanted to join in on some Disney talk and also we are planning a cruise later this year so I need LOADS of input on that. Never been on DCL before and kind of clueless there. Hope to learn lots here. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ladyinblue

ladyinblue Earning My Ears

I am new to the dis boards. I don't know how to post info. Can you please help?

:)

4. ladyinblue

ladyinblue Earning My Ears

Ok I feel silly!! :) I answered my own question thanks anyway.

On another note I would like to begin looking into becoming a DVC memeber. However I want to rent points to begin ths process.

I was told to come to the dis boards to find renters, but I am having a bit of trouble finding what I am looking for. Any advice?

:)

5. lovetoscrap

lovetoscrap Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there. Moderator

You need to complete your registration first. Please see the thread at the top of this forum (probably right above or below this one) "Not fully registered. . ." for instructions. You won't be able to see our DVC Rent boards until you complete this process.

6. John from Reston

John from Reston Earning My Ears

Hello, congratulations on your first post. I understand you need to make ten of them to reply via email to a 'post-er'. This is my third, and I hope to get to ten in a few minutes so that I can reply to a post, hoping to get some information. So I'm looking for people who I hope will not be offended if I post to them. Have a good day.

7. John from Reston

John from Reston Earning My Ears

I noted your reply to one of my fellow newbies and see that you are a moderator. Please be aware of the following frustration that I am dealing with right now. I am planning to vacation with a large group in July, and someone on one of these boards insinuated that our potential rental agent is a bad person to deal with. I posted a note asking for information, and the lady has not answered it after one day. So I wanted to email her (tastefully - please believe me) to request information about what caution we need to take. And when I tried to do that, I got a popup message saying that I can't send emails until I have sent at least 10 posts. So, although we're told that we shouldn't make trivial posts, we're penalized for not making posts.

I hope you understand my frustration - thanks,

8. lovetoscrap

Our posting rules help prevent our members from being inundated with spam. The PM system is for the benefit of our contributing members. There are plenty of threads on our forums that you can pop into and contribute something to the conversation, without having to post nonsense just to increase your post count. :) On this board alone you can offer a :welcome: to all of our newcomers from the last few days and you would have more than 10 posts.

9. bigdaddy511

bigdaddy511 Mouseketeer

I've been reading the DisBoards for years. This is my first post to welcome any other newcomers!

10. dnishio

dnishio <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Long time reader, recently active with posting. Guess that made me a lurker???

11. SJMomof4

SJMomof4 Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone! I was a member back in '07 when I discovered the boards while planning our first family trip. My email addy has changed a few times since, so I re-registered:flower3: I am excited to be back and have already found tons of useful info.
    Dh & I are surprising our kids with another trip back this May, as our younger 2 were babies the first time and don't remember being there. We will be staying at POP:woohoo:

12. Bay Lake Newbie

Bay Lake Newbie Earning My Ears

Hi I'm Mike. My family and I are new to DVC. I'm looking to see who's out there

13. Bay Lake Newbie

We're a young family and my kids are just discovering Disney. I'm a Star Wars fan. I'm looking for any info about the re-imagination of Stat Tours. Any ideas on where to look?

14. Bay Lake Newbie

oops...I meant STAR TOURS!

15. lovetoscrap

Try asking about this on our Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies Board. :)

16. misscassiecass

misscassiecass Earning My Ears

I'm so glad I found DISboards! its been so much help!

17. Michiganmickey

Michiganmickey Earning My Ears

18. mathewpollard

mathewpollard Earning My Ears

Greetings to all..I am new to this forum and trying to figure out this..

19. LoserGirl

LoserGirl Earning My Ears

So happy to have found this forum. We are going to WDW in a few weeks and I am so excited!!

20. janeybabydee

janeybabydee Earning My Ears

Hi everyone, long time reader and finally registered:)

Excited to join in!

21. Marleen2

Marleen2 Mouseketeer

Hi, I have been a "lurker" for about two years, have occasionally posted on the rent/trade forum but until yesterday didn't post anywhere else.
    I'm Marleen, from Belgium, Europe. I guess I must be the only Belgian around here (if not, pls let me know!!!) We've been DVC members since 1999. Ever since I got divorced 6 years ago, I've been travelling to Florida almost every year by myself with my two kids (which are 17 and 14 now).
    It's been since 2009 we visited, and unfortunately no plans this year either (money issues), and I'm beginning to feel "homesick" :sad1:
    Marleen :flower3: