Welcome to the DIS Boards!!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by WebmasterPete, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Mrs. G

Mrs. G Earning My Ears

I'm sure I am in the wrong place, but maybe someone can steer me in the right direction. I am completely new, just signed up a few days ago when I did my first post on a Universal thread. However, I've gotten over 100 views, but no replies. What have I done wrong??

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lovetoscrap

lovetoscrap Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there. Moderator

You haven't done anything wrong. Sometimes there is just not anyone that has an answer to what you are asking about. Sometimes there are several very similar threads going on at the same time so posters tend to answer on only one of them. I have been here for years and have yet to figure out why one simple question/post will end up with 60 pages of responses, and another one will never get answered.

I will check with our moderators over there and see if they can try to help you out.:thumbsup2

4. Mrs. G

Mrs. G Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for your reply. At least now I know that I'm not invisible!!

5. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Hi and sorry no one responded to you. Sometimes threads get lost in the activity but I have answered your questions and now maybe others will chime in.

6. UCSD5

UCSD5 Earning My Ears

Hi all! Just finally joining after reading on the forum for a long time... I guess I'm forum-shy :surfweb:

Anyway, I was born in SoCal, so the original Disneyland is definitely my home, and I've been many times... can't wait to go back! Looking forward to connecting a bit more with everyone here now!

7. lisaski

lisaski Earning My Ears

hello all i am new to this board!

I was wondering information about Jobs. My husband and i want to move out that way. I have always wanted to work in WDW (but i don't want to flip burgers...no offense).

Any help.
    I have a 4-year degree and have been working in Higher Education.

Thanks

8. lovetoscrap

If you are really serious about this then I suggest you do a lot of research. On our Community Board right now there is a thread on the low wages that are paid and I think there will be more about it in the Orlando news in the coming weeks. WDW is magical for it's guests, but not so much for their employees.

9. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Very true...working for Disney leaves a lot to be desired. Anyone looking to move to the Orlando area should find a good job and get an AP to Disney instead of trying to work there. You will enjoy it more as a tourist/local than as an employee.

10. ListenAndUWillHearMe

ListenAndUWillHearMe Ad Astra Per Aspera

A big thank you to one and all for contributing to all of these threads. It has been so helpful to read the tips, tricks and personal stories that so many have shared. So much so that I booked our first cruise (Dream in 2012) and just joined here too. Thanks again!:goodvibes

11. Ferb

Ferb Earning My Ears

12. parkedgourmet

parkedgourmet Earning My Ears

I really appreciate being able to read and learn from others.

13. SafeD

SafeD Safety Expert

Hello everyone! My name is SafeD. I am new here to the forums and I am going to keep my real identity a secret. What I can tell you is that I am a Disney Cast Member and I am here to help everyone have not only a wonderful memorable Disney vacation with many fun filled memories but I am also here to help you with safety. When it comes to safety, it tends to stick to the back of our minds and we don't consciously pay attention to it much. But being a Disney cast member, safety is my number one concern and I am here to help point out as many as I can find that I see in my work location and everywhere else as possible. With these tips and ideas, you can have a much safer vacation! Happy vacationing and remember... "SafeD begins with me!" You will be able to find my posts on safety in the Resorts, Theme Parks and Dining forums!

14. stevedmatt

stevedmatt Earning My Ears

I just signed up here after lurking for a couple months. I have my first Disney trip (in 18 years) scheduled with my 2 young children. My daughter will be 3 and my son 20 months when we visit Disney in May. I love to learn everything about a place before I go and I realize that I will never learn everything about Disney, but I will be trying.

15. kelli9971

kelli9971 Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone,
    I just joined today and am hoping to get alot of tips from you all. I've been to Disneyland many times, however this is only my second trip with my boys 11 and 6! We are going in February.

16. sugar mama

sugar mama Earning My Ears

hello thanks so much for this board!!!!!:yay:
    marie

17. DreamSweetsLove

DreamSweetsLove Loves Mickey

Hi!
    A while ago someone had recommended this community so I'm giving it a try!
    I live by TDR and bike over pretty often usually around 4 times a week but more often when the weather is good. My favorite things are the seasonal events, shows, and restaurant dining. Of course riding attractions with friends is always fun too! I also have an English TDR and cafe photo blog! Enjoying cafes in Tokyo is one of my hobies too.:love:

18. BelleBete

BelleBete Earning My Ears

I have been lurking this site for months, and finally decided to be brave and join in! I have never been to a Disney resort, but (thanks mostly to the info on the Dis) I've booked a trip to WDW for Sept. 2011. This site is so helpful, especially for newbies like me!

19. DONALDLOVINDADDY

DONALDLOVINDADDY Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! Just learning the ropes. Merry Christmas!

My gorgeous Wife and I just gave our 2 sons a disney cruise this morning.

She made a scavenger hunt with cruise line wrapping paper and crazy clues.

When they figured it out they went nuts!!

Now we have something to get us over the post holiday doldrums.

thelionqueen is the best wife any DONALDLOVINDADDY could EVER hope for!

I love you honey!!!!!

20. Akumalangela

Akumalangela Earning My Ears

Just told my children that they will be going to Orlando for our first time...
    March 14th-18th (Spring Break) They are 22, 15, and 13...

My middle child, the token boy (Mason) has special needs, so I want to meet all their needs, and make family memories as well!! HELP!! We are staying at a Marriot, and now it's making the most memories for our family!:banana:

21. lovetoscrap

Welcome! Be sure to take a look at our disABILITIES board for any specific help and questions you may have for your young man. :)