Welcome To The Caribbean, Love ~ Updated 5-27 P52

Oh, TK! I am so happy for you!! And who knew the power of positive thinking could work so well!?! I need to try that more often.

Congrats!! :hug:

Oh, TK! I am so happy for you!! And who knew the power of positive thinking could work so well!?! I need to try that more often.

I can't begin to describe to you my profound belief in karma. You put out good, you get good back. Doesn't mean "bad" things won't happen, but I'm telling you, if you infuse your life with positive energy, you won't believe how much better you'll feel and how positively it'll affect the people around.

So sayeth TK, as learned through therapy. :rotfl2:

Congrats!! :hug:

Thank you!

I say 'KEEP THE SHAG!!!!!!!!' {insert 70's music... Bow Chicka Wow Wow} :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

How awesome!!!!! What a scary and exciting experience!!!!! I hope the inspection shows that there isn't TOO much wrong. I can tell you want this house- don't talk yourself into it if you get a bad feeling from that inspection though. Don't get too emotionally attached to the house... just yet.

--After re-reading what I just wrote--
Wow, sorry to put a downer on this... it wasn't my intention :flower3: There is a reason this house has been on the market for 2 years. You should have your pick of houses out there. When we bought in 2005, it was the hight of the housing boom. We were looking at $375,000 fix-er-uppers. It was total madness. We ended up with a well maintained ranch- which I really didn't want but it was in a good neighborhood, move in condition(besides some new paint), 1+ acre of land, fairly level yard, etc... I really didn't want a ranch.... I was thinking more of a colonial but here in CT the housing market was bananas.

ANYWAY.... Once again, I don't know where I was going with all this but I know you will be happy in more space and I'm sure Squirt & Nemo are going to love to have their own rooms! :goodvibes

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Tim, I won't lie, if the shag was in good condition, I'd seriously consider keeping it just for the nostalgia. I mean, honestly, I grew up with that kind of carpet! And it's so pur-deeeeee. Silver, green, gold in each of the bedrooms. Lov-er-ly. Anyway, it's over 30 years old, so I'm saying it goes! Plus, there are gorgeous hardwood floors underneath and it's practically a sin to keep those covered.

I am emotionally attached but MJS and I are very clear on our dealbreakers. We know what they are, and if we can't afford it, we can't afford it. We were just at the point where we like it enough to have it inspected, kwim?

And if not this house, then another. I am confident that whatever is meant to be will be.

And lucky for me, we are not buying during a high point in the housing market. Interest rates have gone up a little bit, but pricing in my town hasn't gone down, it's just that houses are sort of sitting, stagnating. We live in a town with excellent school districts, and that's why it's sort of pricey. However, you can't put a value on a good education, and I absolutely love this town. Bottom line, I'd stay renting here, cramped on space just so the boys could go through this school system. :thumbsup2

I am so excited for you and the entire TK clan!!! I will say MANY prayers that if it is meant to be yours....it will! I bet the hardwoods are GORGEOUS!!!

I love the idea of honoring your Mom by planting a tree or perennial in your yard in honor of her----is there something in particular that she liked, or had in her own yard? That might be even a little more meaningful! :)

WOW! Huge news and exciting, albeit stressful, news!

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to talk about it. When is the inspection? Sending some P&PT that it goes well.

As to the 2 year thing, depending on the market I'm not really sure that says much other than the market sucks. We've had houses, NICE houses, on our street, in the general area on the market off and on for the same amount of time. Stagnating is a perfect way to put it. Things that would have been snatched up and bid up, before.

Good luck! I can't wait to hear more and hope the inspection is soon. LOVE the tree idea.

Congrats, Kat and family. This is very exciting news! :yay::yay::yay:

I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out and I hope you'll post some "pre" pictures and some "post" pictures.

I won't ever read something like that at work again. So touching, so wonderful! I truly an happy for you!

Now, let me go dry my eyes before lunch duty.

Congrats, TK!!! I love that you are getting the house you want for the price you want! How awesome!!! I am just tickled pink for you! :hug:

WOW! Kat this is fantastic news!! I remember it wasnt' too long ago that you were trying to find more room in your apt., and buying new storage bins and shelving. See! In His perfect time, He used your mom to bring another round of goodness to you!! Congrats!! But like Tim, if this isn't the one for you, there are others out there, made just for you. Keep us posted.

I am so excited for you and the entire TK clan!!! I will say MANY prayers that if it is meant to be yours....it will! I bet the hardwoods are GORGEOUS!!!

Thank you!

I love the idea of honoring your Mom by planting a tree or perennial in your yard in honor of her----is there something in particular that she liked, or had in her own yard? That might be even a little more meaningful! :)

Actually, I was mentioning this to Nana today, and she has some plants in her yard that she and my mom would take cuttings of, and try to root in Nana's yard. Once they did, they'd dig them out and bring them to my Mom's, so I would LOVE to carry on that tradition!

And Nana was very adamant that any gardening that will be done she would love to help with / facilitate. :goodvibes

WOW! Huge news and exciting, albeit stressful, news!

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to talk about it. When is the inspection? Sending some P&PT that it goes well.

Thank you! The inspection is on Thursday, so I'm putting it out there: this is my house, it will go well. ;)

As to the 2 year thing, depending on the market I'm not really sure that says much other than the market sucks. We've had houses, NICE houses, on our street, in the general area on the market off and on for the same amount of time. Stagnating is a perfect way to put it. Things that would have been snatched up and bid up, before.

Good luck! I can't wait to hear more and hope the inspection is soon. LOVE the tree idea.

Yes, it's amazing how the market has been. My sister (who is extremely financially savvy, long story, but suffice it to say she is) has mentioned that she thinks the market will be experiencing an upturn soon and that this winter would be a good time to take advantage. She's right, at least on the take advantage part. :thumbsup2

Congrats, Kat and family. This is very exciting news! :yay::yay::yay:

I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out and I hope you'll post some "pre" pictures and some "post" pictures.

Thank you very much!

And there will definitely be before and after pictures. I have so many ideas for decorating, it's like I don't even know where to start.

I mean, right now, we have Squirt's crib in our bedroom, and I'm so tickled at the idea of a grown-up bedroom with no kid stuff in it and each kid in their own rooms, I just can't decide what to do with our bedroom! It's exciting.

I won't ever read something like that at work again. So touching, so wonderful! I truly an happy for you!

Now, let me go dry my eyes before lunch duty.

Aw. You should know by now to have the kleenex at hand when you read this pre trip report. :lmao:

Congrats, TK!!! I love that you are getting the house you want for the price you want! How awesome!!! I am just tickled pink for you! :hug:

Thank you, Jackie! I'm super excited.

WOW! Kat this is fantastic news!! I remember it wasnt' too long ago that you were trying to find more room in your apt., and buying new storage bins and shelving. See! In His perfect time, He used your mom to bring another round of goodness to you!! Congrats!! But like Tim, if this isn't the one for you, there are others out there, made just for you. Keep us posted.

Thank you, hon! I agree with you, all in His time. :goodvibes

TK I am so happy for you. Your boys will love to run and play in the yard. And a big plus that you get to live in the neighborhood that you love so much. I am excited to see the before and after pictures

:cool1::cool1: Oh Kat!!! I'm so excited for you and your boys!!! :cool1::cool1: Congratulations on your first home!!!!! May it bring you much happiness and joy!!!!!

Such great news!! Crossing my fingers that the imspection goes well. We are also in a great new house big a huge yard thanks to the $$ my Mom left us. I know she is smiling down on me as your Mom is on you. Can't wait to see pics

Congratulations on the house!

We moved into our 2nd home last year (upgraded from our starter house) and both needed fixing up because we are in the best school district in the area and we couldn't afford the already fixed up ones. Thanks goodness my Dad and DH are pretty handy!

I hope everything goes well for you during the inspection!

Congrats, TK!!! I'm so happy for you and your family.
And I totally agree with you about karma and positive thinking. There's no time in life to be negative.

TK I am so happy for you. Your boys will love to run and play in the yard. And a big plus that you get to live in the neighborhood that you love so much. I am excited to see the before and after pictures

Thank you!

:cool1::cool1: Oh Kat!!! I'm so excited for you and your boys!!! :cool1::cool1: Congratulations on your first home!!!!! May it bring you much happiness and joy!!!!!

Thanks, Jen!

Such great news!! Crossing my fingers that the imspection goes well. We are also in a great new house big a huge yard thanks to the $$ my Mom left us. I know she is smiling down on me as your Mom is on you. Can't wait to see pics

I'm telling you, my mantra this week, is "this is my house, the inspection will be fine." Any time I get a little worry poking around in the back of my brain, I repeat that to myself! :lmao:

Congratulations on the house!

We moved into our 2nd home last year (upgraded from our starter house) and both needed fixing up because we are in the best school district in the area and we couldn't afford the already fixed up ones. Thanks goodness my Dad and DH are pretty handy!

I hope everything goes well for you during the inspection!

I'm very lucky in that my DH is super handy. He's actually done a lot of remodeling, so I'm not worried about any of that. Plus, one of my uncles is a licensed electrician, so I'm figuring if I need any fixtures swapped out, I'll ask him to do it for me. :goodvibes

Congrats, TK!!! I'm so happy for you and your family.
And I totally agree with you about karma and positive thinking. There's no time in life to be negative.

Jen, I couldn't have put it better myself. This is going to be one of my new quotes. There's no time in life to be negative, you're so right!

OMG Congrats on your new house, that is so amazing! :goodvibes :hug: I hope everything works out for you guys!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter