EXPIRED: Part ONE of 2015 CLUB LEVEL (CL) INFORMATION and HELP Thread DO NOT POST HERE!!!

I apologize if this has been asked already!

We are staying club level at AKL on 8/20 so we can participate in sunrise safari the following morning. I got an email from club level with an attached document to fill out. Besides Sunrise Safari, is there any benefit to them making dining reservations? Can they do it any earlier!? Do they have better access? Just curious!! I'm a control freak so I like to book but if they can work magic I'll let go and let them do it!

We are staying club level at AKL on 8/20 so we can participate in sunrise safari the following morning. I got an email from club level with an attached document to fill out. Besides Sunrise Safari, is there any benefit to them making dining reservations? Can they do it any earlier!? Do they have better access? Just curious!! I'm a control freak so I like to book but if they can work magic I'll let go and let them do it!

eangel12, when we stayed CL for our tenth anniversary, I asked them to book V&A for us and asked for the chef's table. I knew chances were low, but they were able to get it for us. I'm staying CL at the Yacht Club in August and asked if they could book BOG and the chef's table (or Queen Victoria's room if it's a no-go for the chef's table). My understanding is that they might have better chances at getting those hard-to-find reservations. I think Rusty Scupper posted something to that effect once.

eangel12, when we stayed CL for our tenth anniversary, I asked them to book V&A for us and asked for the chef's table. I knew chances were low, but they were able to get it for us. I'm staying CL at the Yacht Club in August and asked if they could book BOG and the chef's table (or Queen Victoria's room if it's a no-go for the chef's table). My understanding is that they might have better chances at getting those hard-to-find reservations. I think Rusty Scupper posted something to that effect once.

I was wondering if they might be able to get the harder to get reservations. Hummmm...decisions decisions.

Also, we are only staying club level one night. Wonder if they would book the entire 10 days for us or only the day of and day after club level stay. Seems complicated to have them do a few days and me to do the rest!

We will be celebrating our 27th Anniversary when we are staying Concierge in December. How was the Chef's Table? Would you do it again?

My understanding is that IPO doesn't have any pull when it comes to getting ADRs and they cannot start making them any earlier than your 180 day mark. If you are wanting some hard to get ADRs, you could always give them to IPO as well as look yourself. If you both get the same one(s), you can just cancel one. It's always nice to have another person looking, just in case you aren't able to secure what you want. I can't help on whether or not IPO can make all of your ADRs when you're only staying one night CL, but hopefully someone who has experienced that can help :).

In the past, I've had IPO book my entire stay with ADRs. I was staying CL the whole time but at different resorts. This time, each Resort IPO had to book the ADRs for the time I was at that particular resort which basically did away with my +10 advantage. Keeping thus in mind, I would assume they would only be allowed to make ADRs now for the time you are booked at the resort.

They do not have any advantage over anyone else. The advantage is that you do not personally have to be on the computer at a certain time. You can just give your requests to them and they can keep checking for cancellations if you are unable to get what you want.

We will be celebrating our 27th Anniversary when we are staying Concierge in December. How was the Chef's Table? Would you do it again?

We had dinner in the Queen Victoria room a few years later (couldn't get Chef's Table). It was the same menu, but in a different room. I think there were maybe four tables in the room? It was a fairly relaxed atmosphere (I thought - I've never eaten in the main dining room), and we ended up chatting with the family next to us (I took my mom). I'm hoping to book it this next trip and take my mom and oldest daughter. The only thing I wouldn't do again is the wine pairing. It was fabulous, but a lot of wine. The pours for each course are very generous and there are ten or so courses. By the end of the meal, I wasn't really capable of drinking any more (and I didn't want to). I've read from other reviews that you can split the pairing, which we'd probably do.

It was probably one of the best meals I've ever had. So that was a long-winded way of saying yes, I'd do it again!

ETA: I found TheRustyScupper's post, but I'm not sure he was talking about IPO or the regular concierge at the resorts.

1) At each resort 1-2 concierge have OVERRIDE CODES.
2) Which means, no matter what, we can get people in.
3) Few people know that there is no eatery that can't squeeze people.
. . . this excludes dinner shows
. . . they have finite seating capacities
4) It slows other ressies, but it works.
5) As for other concierge, they do the best they can.
6) But, have no more "power" than you do. *

* At their own resort, the concierge frquently can get you a ressie. An
example might be a WL concierge for WCC or Artist Point. But, that is
because WCC and AP hold a 20% ressies back for walk-ins and their own
resort guests.

Ok guys talk me down. I usually do my reservations my self at the 180 day mark, but last trip I decided to let go of my control issues and let IPO do them. It worked great. By 8am, AKLhad sent me an email with everything I wanted.
So for the big family trip I'm planning in Aug I decided to let IPO @ WL do my ressies. I have a few tough ones, and didn't want to be on the phone in the middle of the school rush. I still haven't heard from them! We want a fireworks cruise and I'm stressing because the only ship large enough for us is the Grand One Yatch. Should I try to get the ADRs and ressies myself?!?

Ok guys talk me down. I usually do my reservations my self at the 180 day mark, but last trip I decided to let go of my control issues and let IPO do them. It worked great. By 8am, AKLhad sent me an email with everything I wanted.
So for the big family trip I'm planning in Aug I decided to let IPO @ WL do my ressies. I have a few tough ones, and didn't want to be on the phone in the middle of the school rush. I still haven't heard from them! We want a fireworks cruise and I'm stressing because the only ship large enough for us is the Grand One Yatch. Should I try to get the ADRs and ressies myself?!?

I've never used IPO for any of our CL stays, but I have heard great things about WL IPO. With that said, if you are kind of nervous, you could always try to get everything on your own as well as have IPO try. Good luck.

What about AKL Club room view pics? I just posted these a few days ago from our stay last April. Feel free to grab the links and use as needed!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=50675837&postcount=856

Great view pics :thumbsup2.

Well, now I'm livid. :mad: At 1:30pm EST I called IPO. I was connected to someone @ BC/YC. He told me that he didn't see my reservations, but they could be pending a system update. He advised me against booking myself (irrelevant as the app kept crashing) as "the WL IPO was most likely working on them". At 3p. EST, I called back. This time I was connected to the AKL IPO. The CM was wonderful, but quickly discovered that NONE of my requests had even been processed. She obtained what she could, but only got 3 out of 6 ADRs!!! Eight hours after the ADR window opened, no one had even begun working on my ADRS! Why am I spending 10K plus just for the rooms when I don't get CL service? The last trip I was on I noticed several slips in service. This may be the straw. The Four Seasons or the Waldorf would gladly take my money I'm certain.

Thanks! Just needed to vent!

Erika thanks so much for taking over the CL thread! It looks awesome!:thumbsup2 And Scott thanks so much for running it these past few years.

I stayed BC CL in October and that CL decision was the best one I ever made. I am trying to work on getting back in late April and hoping to stay at YC CL. Fingers crossed:rotfl2:

Until then, I will just live through those of you with CL trips booked.:)

Hey guys :) I'm in California the next 6 days so I won't be around much for updating. But I'm keeping a list of everything that needs to be added and I will get to it ASAP. :)
Thanks so much again to everyone who has sent me photos and links and updated info!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Well, now I'm livid. :mad: At 1:30pm EST I called IPO. I was connected to someone @ BC/YC. He told me that he didn't see my reservations, but they could be pending a system update. He advised me against booking myself (irrelevant as the app kept crashing) as "the WL IPO was most likely working on them". At 3p. EST, I called back. This time I was connected to the AKL IPO. The CM was wonderful, but quickly discovered that NONE of my requests had even been processed. She obtained what she could, but only got 3 out of 6 ADRs!!! Eight hours after the ADR window opened, no one had even begun working on my ADRS! Why am I spending 10K plus just for the rooms when I don't get CL service? The last trip I was on I noticed several slips in service. This may be the straw. The Four Seasons or the Waldorf would gladly take my money I'm certain. Thanks! Just needed to vent!

I am so sorry. :( That is terrible. I always do my own ADRs and I know how important they are to a vacation. I think you should let management know , there are always ways to get a table! I had all my ADRs vanish one year the day before our trip. Management got me everything I had. I'm sure it will all work out. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey guys :) I'm in California the next 6 days so I won't be around much for updating. But I'm keeping a list of everything that needs to be added and I will get to it ASAP. :) Thanks so much again to everyone who has sent me photos and links and updated info!!!!! :) Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have a great trip!! :-)

Well, now I'm livid. :mad: At 1:30pm EST I called IPO. I was connected to someone @ BC/YC. He told me that he didn't see my reservations, but they could be pending a system update. He advised me against booking myself (irrelevant as the app kept crashing) as "the WL IPO was most likely working on them". At 3p. EST, I called back. This time I was connected to the AKL IPO. The CM was wonderful, but quickly discovered that NONE of my requests had even been processed. She obtained what she could, but only got 3 out of 6 ADRs!!! Eight hours after the ADR window opened, no one had even begun working on my ADRS! Why am I spending 10K plus just for the rooms when I don't get CL service? The last trip I was on I noticed several slips in service. This may be the straw. The Four Seasons or the Waldorf would gladly take my money I'm certain.

Yikes - I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'd be angry, too. Looks like I'll be setting my alarm for the early hours next Tuesday to make our ADRs instead of risking not getting what I want.

I am so sorry this happened to you! I would be very angry as well. :scared1:

Your post makes me nervous because we always do our own ADR's but this time I am letting GF IPO do it for us. (ADR day is Monday). They have been very responsive to me, sending out the planning worksheet, commenting on my requests for what they think will "work better" and when I called today to provide my CC information, they told me to "sit back & relax" after expressing my hesitation in not doing it myself.

I hope they come through! :wizard:

If I'm doing a split stay and check out of the poly CL, how long do I have access to the lounge on check out day? We'll be checking in to another Disney Resort later on in the day.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts. I wound up booking what I needed myself online except with cruddy times. I also sent a polite email stating my disappointment. By 9:30 am I had revieced an apologetic call, and had better times as well as all my ADRs. I just hated all the stress. This year had been sooooooo bad for myself and my family. I wanted a stress free vacation and was willing to NOT be OCD for a change. Yet I had to cause a stink! Oh well. Deep breath. I'll be in the AKL CL in 13 days. It's my moms first trip to a deluxe, my birthday, and a surprise trip for my kids. :) a bad day at wdw is better than a good day at work!!!

Thanks for all the positive thoughts. I wound up booking what I needed myself online except with cruddy times. I also sent a polite email stating my disappointment. By 9:30 am I had revieced an apologetic call, and had better times as well as all my ADRs. I just hated all the stress. This year had been sooooooo bad for myself and my family. I wanted a stress free vacation and was willing to NOT be OCD for a change. Yet I had to cause a stink! Oh well. Deep breath. I'll be in the AKL CL in 13 days. It's my moms first trip to a deluxe, my birthday, and a surprise trip for my kids. :) a bad day at wdw is better than a good day at work!!!

So glad it worked out for you in the end!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter