Welcome Home Wednesdays

Has anyone been to Welcome Home Wednesdays within the last year?

Ifso

1. can you tell me what is it like?
  2. Should I go with my family?
  3. Do you get anything for going?
  4. How long is it?
And where is it held and is it just once a mouth?

It is kind of like a fake game show with lots of korney jokes. They pick a few folks from the audience to "play" the game. They get some prizes. It is family orientated, so everyone can go. Everyone gets something on their way out. When we were there we got a DVC hat. It is about an hour. Held at the Atlantic Dance Club building on the Boardwalk. I'm pretty sure it is held every Wednesday.

Now, the answer to the question you didn't ask: "Should We go?". We went once and, unless you are at the Boardwalk anyway, it sure isn't worth it. They gave some snacks like popcorn in a bag and lemonaide. It was hot at the time we were there, we were at the Boardwalk anyway, and wanted a place to sit for an hour and relax. I sure wouldn't go out of my way for it.

We've been and it was nice to spend some time in an air conditioned place for a while, sip complementary refreshments and snack food, find out about the latest DVC info, and come away with a bit of swag.

It was ok on 2-25. I was chosen for the game show. It was over all fun. No real swag was given to us. JW

We've been a couple of times. It's cheesy & corny but we enjoyed it. We won a pin and everybody got a DVC hat. I wouldn't make a special trip to do it or leave a park for it but if you've got some free time and are strolling the Boardwalk, it's a good time waster.

Sounds like something we will try on our first trip home next year. I like corny games and jokes on vacation. Our home resort is BWV, so it is right there, and we are never at a park at that time in the afternoon. It sounds like it would be nice to have a dinner ADR at one of the restaurants in the area, like Spoodles, for around 5:30 or 6PM (we dine early because we have small children who are used to dining early and we keep to their schedule on vacation to prevent meltdowns!

My DH took our children (5 and 3) over one evening while I was trying to do some laundry and get dinner started. No swag. The kids did get some calendar/coloring books. But overall DH said he would never go again, and that it scared him a little. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter