Welcome home wednesday and AKV soiree

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by twoj, Mar 1, 2013.

1. twoj

twoj Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if you can/should bring kids to either of these events?

If not, what does everyone do with the little ones? I have a 6,3 and 1 year olds.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TSMMANIAC

TSMMANIAC Mouseketeer

I can answer for Welcome Home Wednesday your children are welcome to join you. It's a very laid back atmosphere, lots of families with kids. I haven't been to the AKL get together but would imagine kids are welcome there also.

4. Kidanifan08

Kidanifan08 DIS Veteran

WHW is good with kids. They provide free childcare for the Sundown Mingle. It is definitely more of an adult event.

5. melk

melk <font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen

What is the AKV soirée?

6. Kidanifan08

Kidanifan08 DIS Veteran

There is an event on Wednesday's at Jambo house with a DVC guide. They call it the Sundown Mingle. They serve a few appetizers and an adult fruit punch. They hold the event on the viewing balconies right off the lobby. When we went in December, it was very low key and I don't even think there was any mention of sales or current offers. It was nice that they offered free childcare, which was done right in the lobby right next to the DVC kiosk.

7. stmize

stmize Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 1

I probably would not bring children to the akv sundown mingle due to the fact that they do serve alcoholic drinks. You do move about a lot too.

8. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

Last time i was at WHW, it was back in 2010, with the Jeopardy style game with Miss Dee Vee Cee.

What is done now? :confused3

9. hmillerbarilla

hmillerbarilla DIS Veteran

As others have said, the Welcome Home Wednesdays is a family affair.

The Sundown Mingle is an adults event. But.... I have 3 kids, and they would only take the ones 3 and older for the childcare, so we had our 2 year old in the stroller the whole time. She did fine for the whole event.

The Sundown Mingle is fantastic. I think all DVC resorts would benefit from this. It made you feel connected and appreciated as a member, not like the Welcome Home Wednesday affair at the BW which I think is a disaster. I mean a snack ticket for a banana? Really?

Sorry, after the Sundown Mingle it really rubbed us the wrong way.

10. stmize

stmize Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 1

We loved the sundown mingle. It was more of a party like atmosphere not to mention the akv signature drink made with coconut rum was awesome.