Welcome Home To Our Own DVC Community Board!

CarolAnnC

<font color=blue>Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syrin
Here it is!! Our very own exciting DVC Community Board! This will be a wonderful place to discuss our exciting upcoming trips, plan DVC Meets, and gather with other DVC folks from our local areas! The possibilities are endless!

So welcome to everyone and I look forward to enjoying yet another magical place to share the DVC way of vacationing! :) :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

This Board should really take off, a board for us DVCers what a great Idea....yipeeeeeeeee :D :bounce: :Pinkbounc

27 days and I am sooooooo ready ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by sheryl0521
What is the difference between this board and the other DVC board?

The way I'm thinking is this (this is strictly my own opinion)... The original board was always supposed to be a "Trip Planning" board. However, the webmasters allowed us to use it as our own little DVC community board also. New people coming to the site looking for trip planning info have to wade through posts announcing add-ons, polls asking existing members various things, etc. A post saying "I just added on, congratulate me!" doesn't help someone plan their trip, it's simply a communication intended for the DVC community.

So, I figure if it doesn't help provide information that will help someone learn about DVC or plan their trip, then it probably belongs on the new DVC Community board.

I'm sure the mods/webmasters will clarify when they get a moment from real life. :)

Don't like it, ONE place for all DVC discussion was better. This is the one and only place for DVC discussion so I'll have to learn to live with it since I can't afford to start my own. Another board I read about my car has split from ONE central place into SIX boards, so I'm speaking from experience here. I'm tired of sorting through multiple boards, if you don't like a topic don't read it. It's that simple and splitting the board just complicates things.

I like it! Now we've got a DVC community board, do you think we will get a DVC tag fairy!?! :teeth:

Having two separate boards doesn't seem like community -- it seems more like a separation/divorce! I'm surprised at how "disconnected" I feel from both boards!!

There was a time when the DIS was one single board. Then, it split into two boards, then another, then another. This is the evolution of a web site. People often rave about how wonderful the DIS is, yet they've complained everytime the DIS has made another step forward.

How many votes are there for collapsing the entire DIS back into one single board? It'll be really easy since *everyone* will only have to keep track of one board. And no one will have to figure out which board they're supposed to use for their DVC questions, their Restaurant questions, their debate questions, their just fun fluff stuff, etc.

I think the line is too distorted as to which board to post on. I can understand all the other separation, but in DVC case, I'm not so such that there was so much activity on it that it was necessary.

IF, however, it remains divided, I do want to thank you for changing the font and look of the new DVC Community Board to to appear more like the DVC Discussion Board. All those italics gave me eyestrain.

Thanks for all your work. I know this board takes alot of time for all of you.

I too am not sure I like the idea of another board. But if it has to be, I think the OLD board should just become a place to get information on DVC in general - for those thinking of buying in or newbies with questions related to membership. THIS board could be the fun trip planning, trip dreaming, idea sharing board.

Char

Originally posted by ArRzrbk
if it has to be, I think the OLD board should just become a place to get information on DVC in general - for those thinking of buying in or newbies with questions related to membership. THIS board could be the fun trip planning, trip dreaming, idea sharing board.

I suspect that is what they have in mind. We're the diehards who enjoy chatting up a storm with fellow members and having fun with other like minded people. Folks like us enjoy a place where we can hang out and talk Disney, etc, even when we may not have a trip currently in the works. But, their are folks out there who have no interest in visiting any Internet discussion boards unless they are specifically looking for something. Pete, his webmasters and mods have done a great job at making the DIS one of the leading, if not *the* leading, Internet resources related to Disney trip planning information. However, they can't sit back and rest unless they're willing to allow the next guy to pass them by. Internet leaders rise and fall at an amazing rate. For this site to stay out front, they need to constantly reevaluate and address the needs of *everyone*, not just those of us who are already here.

I must say that I don't understand the split. At all.

My BWV trip report got moved here. OK, I guess. Maybe trip reports belong here. But someone else's HHI trip report didn't get moved.

I'm thinking now that questions belong on the old board, and socializing belongs on the new one. Most of the threads on the old board seem to be phrased in the form of a question. But there's a thread here asking for comparisons between OKW and BWV, and another asking about DVC vs. AP discounts. So shouldn't they be on the other board?

Meanwhile, the old DVC board has an occupancy thread. And both boards have threads about watches.

Maybe this will all work itself out, but I doubt it. There's isn't a dime's worth of difference between the boards that I can see.

Originally posted by Jimbo
I must say that I don't understand the split. At all.

My BWV trip report got moved here. OK, I guess. Maybe trip reports belong here. But someone else's HHI trip report didn't get moved.

I'm thinking now that questions belong on the old board, and socializing belongs on the new one. Most of the threads on the old board seem to be phrased in the form of a question. But there's a thread here asking for comparisons between OKW and BWV, and another asking about DVC vs. AP discounts. So shouldn't they be on the other board?

Meanwhile, the old DVC board has an occupancy thread. And both boards have threads about watches.

Maybe this will all work itself out, but I doubt it. There's isn't a dime's worth of difference between the boards that I can see.

EXACTLY!!

If the DVC board is going to be split up, please provide us consistant guidance so we know what is to be posted where.

I suspect that one reason why people don't like or understand the split is because the two new sections are not usefully named. "Community" and "Program" don't tell us much.

I don't really have any feelings one way or the other about the new board, but it would be nice if this board could be added to the drop down menu in the forum jump so that I could go directly to it without having to use the link in the first DVC board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter