Welcome Gurley Family--you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!

Great update! I loved all of the pictures.

We saw Cirque for the first time about three or four years ago and loved it! Other than park tickets, it was the best money I've ever spent in Disney. It took us two more years before we would go back though since we decided to save those extra bucks for other Disney things.

Looking forward to more!

We got that same Piglet stuffed animal this trip! DS5 got Pooh last year, and this year he wanted Tigger and Piglet. It's a wonder that boy fits in his bed.

I'm so impressed that you can do a day away from the parks. I would feel like I was missing out on everything. Maybe that's because we don't go often (twice in two years was a fluke -- I'd been twice in the previous 37 years!). Still, a down day like that sounds nice.

Ahhhh! Gotta love a relaxing day at the resort! I'm looking forward to doing exactly that at BLT. Were the arts and crafts in the Community Hall?

And what a way to end the night with Goofy's. YUM! :goodvibes

Great update!! I love Alexa holding Piglets hand at DTD that is too cute!!

I do love the Cirque shows, but I wasn't sure what to expect when I first saw one at DTD. That theater is really great, because I have seen ones other places and ended up with terrible seats lol

Thanks...she wanted to hold his hand:cloud9:
I agree, there really seems to be no bad seating at that theater. It was a tight squeeze in the seats, though. I had Alexa on our laps and we seemed packed in like sardines. I was just hoping no one had to get up during the show to go to the bathroom! This is the only Cirque show we have seen.

Love your trip report! Can't wait for our family's trip. We are staying at BLT, and can't wait to just be able to walk to MK!!

You will absolutely LOVE being able to walk to the MK. You wont have to deal with tons of bodies bumper to bumper:rotfl: It was one of the BEST perks of BLT:thumbsup2
Great update! I loved all of the pictures.

We saw Cirque for the first time about three or four years ago and loved it! Other than park tickets, it was the best money I've ever spent in Disney. It took us two more years before we would go back though since we decided to save those extra bucks for other Disney things.

Looking forward to more!

I know what you mean...its expensive, but we did get a great discount! I need to get back on really soon and finish up the report. Its a busy weekend here so hopefully early next week!

We got that same Piglet stuffed animal this trip! DS5 got Pooh last year, and this year he wanted Tigger and Piglet. It's a wonder that boy fits in his bed.

I'm so impressed that you can do a day away from the parks. I would feel like I was missing out on everything. Maybe that's because we don't go often (twice in two years was a fluke -- I'd been twice in the previous 37 years!). Still, a down day like that sounds nice.

I used to feel that way about a "down" day. We used to only go in the cooler off season times, but with Kayla in college, we have to go on her breaks (which doesnt offer any great times) so we went in May when she got out of college. Since the days were so much hotter than we were used to, we really enjoyed our mid day breaks when we took them and this down day. It is hard for me not to be in the parks, but we all benefited from the down time:)
Ahhhh! Gotta love a relaxing day at the resort! I'm looking forward to doing exactly that at BLT. Were the arts and crafts in the Community Hall?

And what a way to end the night with Goofy's. YUM! :goodvibes

We did enjoy that time relaxing...and it was even better since we were relaxing at BLT:cloud9:
I guess Community Hall is the name of the room the activities were in. It is on the bottom floor of the hotel, right near the pool. That made it convienent. Im sure Henry would love it in there. There are arts, crafts, videos and video games. They also had special crafts daily, so look at the schedule and see if there are any you want to try and do. My girls SO wanted to do that Mickey tye dye shirt, but they were always doing this when we werent at the resort. They also show movies inbetween the CR and BLT on an outdoor screen and I think it was every night when we were there. They change up the movies. We never went down to watch one, but saw bits and pieces from the skybridge when we were crossing back and forth.
And Goofys....I agree....so delicious:cloud9:

Okay, Im back to try and get this almost finished up....
Friday---our last full day at WDW:sad1:
We were pretty much worn out by now. Busy early days and today was no exception for the early part for sure....We had breakfast ressies at Boma for 8:05. I needed to get everyone up and moving to drive over to the AKL. This is what welcomed me that morning:
Gods amazing handiwork...it really was a blessing to see, so I didnt mind getting up that early:thumbsup2

DSC01308.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

My kids, on the other hand, didnt want to get up!

Kayla and Alexa zonked out

DSC01310.jpg

Olivia and Jonah

DSC01311.jpg

Nevertheless, I rousted everyone out of the beds and we dressed, packed the stroller, and headed down to the van to go to Bomas. We had eaten at Boma's for breakfast for the first time on our last trip and really loved it. We have eaten there on our last 2 trips on our AK day. First to Boma, then to AK. We are not adventurous eaters, but do enjoy all the regular fare they have there. We also love to walk around the property and try and catch a few animals out. I dont have a big desire to stay here since it is so far out from everything, but I do love to visit.
Anyway, we arrived right at 8am and went in. We only had to wait a few mins. They werent busy at all.
Kayla and Olivia waiting

DSC01313.jpg

Kayla and Jonah at the table

DSC01318.jpg

Olivia ready to dig in

DSC01319.jpg

Tony and Alexa...she was just plain worn out and wouldnt eat anything, although she rarely eats anything! She wouldnt even eat one of her favs--Froot Loops! She just wants to love on her Piglet and rest on her dad:cloud9:

DSC01321.jpg

Continued in next post..

We finished up our breakfast, which was delicious, and headed over to the AK. We got there a little after rope drop and went on in. We went straight over to EE:cool1::cool1::cool1:
Tony wont ride this anymore (he tried it once and didnt like it) so Kayla, Jonah, Olivia and I got fastpasses and headed straight to the standby line. We love this ride and there was only about a 15min wait. (remember I lost my last few days notes, so I am going on memory and my pictures). After riding, we headed over to the Safari. I just knew Alexa would love this ride as much as she loves animals. On the way we ran into this lady...which scared my husband to death:scared1:

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

After we watched her for a bit and she followed my husband as he was walking:rotfl2: and freaked him out, we went on to the Safari. Not a long wait again. We rolled through the line and boarded our bus

Olivia

DSC01337.jpg

Kayla

DSC01338.jpg

Alexa

DSC01339.jpg

Here are a few pics of the wildlife

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

And just as I expected, Alexa loved this

DSC01344.jpg

After we left the Safari we ran into this dude....we have never gotten a picture with Flick...Alexa was a bit unsure of him!

DSC01360.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

We left him and went on to Nemo....I can remember it was SO HOT at this time and we were looking forward to getting in that theater and getting cool and a seat. Sorry they are blurry

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01384.jpg

Such a fun show...we love to see this:thumbsup2
After this show we headed over towards Dinoland. We babyswapped Dinosaur and so the kids got to ride it twice. I am really freaked out on this ride...I dont ride it for the most part with my eyes open. I dont think I have ever seen the whole ride:rotfl2: but still go on it every trip!
Afterwards we went over to Dinoland and took Alexa on Triceratop Spin. We also played a couple of the games, or at least Olivia did. Then on to Primevil Whirl for Kayla, Jonah, Olivia and myself.
I have to get on to get the kids from school, so I will come back later to finish up our day :)

What a perfect way to start an AK day - Boma breakfast! YUM! I just love their breakfast!!!! Their juice and coffee is amazing!

Very cute pic of Alexa on the Safari, look at her big 'ol grin! I like her giraffe print skirt too! :goodvibes

I agree....Boma is the bomb!! Love the juice, but Im not a coffee drinker (I know, shoot me now!). Alexa did like that safari ride:goodvibes
Hoping we can do Boma on our next trip too. I have to either give up Ohana, or Boma for breakfast since I want to try CP (Alexa loves her Piglet!). Unfortunalely I have lots of time to decide:sad1:

Okay...I need to get moving on this report to finish it up!
I left off with us at the AK...we were very hot and had been in Dinoland. We decided to go grab a bite to eat and relax. We went to Restrauntasaurous (sp?) and grabbed some burgers and sodas. It was VERY crowded and we were crammed in a corner to eat. At least we were sitting and it was cooler than outside. We ended up staying in Dinoland for a couple more rides after lunch, then the kids decided they wanted ice cream. We went back over to to the Restraunt and while the kids waited outside to get the ice cream, Tony, Alexa and I went inside. It had cleared out and was much calmer and nicer in there. They also had this little eating area that was a camper. We decided to grab the booth in there and wait for the older kids to come in with the ice cream.
Dad and Alexa

DSC01392.jpg

Alexa

DSC01393.jpg

Looking out the camper window

DSC01401.jpg

Alexa and Mom

DSC01400.jpg

We ate the ice cream (sorry no pictures) and headed over to Festival of the Lion King! Jonah decided to give Alexa a ride over

DSC01403.jpg

Thankfully we didnt have to wait to get in the show..we walked right in and it was almost ready to start:thumbsup2
Alexa really loved this and wanted to sit on the row in front of us instead of on the row with us. Olivia sat with her.

DSC01407.jpg

It was great as usual...we love this show!

DSC01408.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

After the show, we headed over to the character trails to get some autographs and pictures. We saw the big cheese first:) It was so funny because Alexa wanted to hand Mickey the pen for the autographs, but instead of putting it in his hand, she went and carefully laid it down at his feet and then backed up. He and his handlers got the biggest kick out of this and he proceded to laugh into his hands as he bent down to pick up the pen.

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01430.jpg

DSC01433.jpg

After coming out of Mickey's trail we saw Koda

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01439.jpg

Then it was on to Goofy

DSC01444.jpg

continued in next post...

continued from last post...
After getting pics with Goofy, we found some characters we had never seen before....Thumper and his Lady friend:thumbsup2 I cant remember her name, but we loved this interaction. The bunnies were goofin' off with each other and my kids.

DSC01449.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01452.jpg

DSC01453.jpg

Next we saw Minnie Mouse

DSC01454.jpg

DSC01458.jpg

DSC01460.jpg

Then it was on to Donald
Kayla and Alexa waiting in line

DSC01464.jpg

and Donald

DSC01468.jpg

DSC01470.jpg

Alexa really enjoyed the character interactions. I love these trails for getting autographs.
After we left the trails we headed over to ride EE:cool1:
Tony of course didnt ride and sat on baby watch, while Kayla, Jonah, Olivia and I rode this a few times. It was close to closing and there was no line...we just got off and back on--I think 3 times in a row. The kids and I love this ride:cloud9: While we were on the ride, Tony had a slight problem in the diaper division. Sorry to anyone who was sitting nearby when he decided to change a very messy diaper right there in the stroller....right next to onlookers!!!! It was so bad that Alexa left with no shorts...thank goodness for that washer and dryer!

Olivia, Kayla and Jonah

DSC01472.jpg

Jonah and Olivia ready to go

DSC01473.jpg

Nice View

DSC01475.jpg

The tracks

DSC01484.jpg

Ride pics
Jonah and Olivia

DSC01478.jpg

Oh how I miss this

DSC01480.jpg

After riding EE, we headed up to the front of the park where the exit show was going on. Alexa again loved seeing all the characters, and didnt want to leave. We watched for a few minutes and then headed to the van.

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

Alexa enjoying the show...notice she is missing her shorts.....

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01487.jpg

It was a fun day, although a hot one.

We ended up back at our beloved BLT and I dont remember what we did for dinner. Im thinking we went to the Concourse to eat CS. We did end up at the yummy dessert buffet in the lounge, because I have photo evidence:laughing:

DSC01499.jpg

Back to the room and we showered and washed clothes and packed up most of our stuff. Its hard to believe that our vacation was almost at an end.

Only one day left...and its a sad day....our last day. I hope to get back on her in the next couple of days to finish it up. Right now I need to get to the laundry that has piled up:scared1: It seems to never end. And tomorrow this old lady turns 44:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:....hopefully I will finish up the trip report by the weekend:thumbsup2 Hope you all had a great Christmas and will have a Blessed New Year:goodvibes

Awww, I love how she laid the pen down at Mickey's feet! That is too cute! What a fun time at AK. We've never done those character trails, but Henry is very into the characters now, so that might be a first on the upcoming trip!

Totally been there, done that with the diaper. :laughing: Ya gotta do what ya gotta do! This summer we were at Central Park and that happened to us - we disrobed Henry and put a jacket we happened to have around his legs. Thankfully it was just #1, so we dried out his shorts in the bathroom hand dryer. :lmao:

Awww, I love how she laid the pen down at Mickey's feet! That is too cute! What a fun time at AK. We've never done those character trails, but Henry is very into the characters now, so that might be a first on the upcoming trip!

Totally been there, done that with the diaper. :laughing: Ya gotta do what ya gotta do! This summer we were at Central Park and that happened to us - we disrobed Henry and put a jacket we happened to have around his legs. Thankfully it was just #1, so we dried out his shorts in the bathroom hand dryer. :lmao:

Yes, you will have to do the character trails....they are GREAT and there are other characters off the trails you can get autographs with! Funny about the Central Park mishap:rotfl:
We have had to buy clothes way too many times (during the course of 4 kids) when out. I try and keep a spare with me at all times, but sometimes I dont change them out at seasons end, or they are outgrown.

Yes, you will have to do the character trails....they are GREAT and there are other characters off the trails you can get autographs with! Funny about the Central Park mishap:rotfl:
We have had to buy clothes way too many times (during the course of 4 kids) when out. I try and keep a spare with me at all times, but sometimes I dont change them out at seasons end, or they are outgrown.

I am TERRIBLE at remembering to bring an extra set. Even when he was a baby. Such as the Diaper Debacle on the Royal Carousel of 2008. :scared: Thankfully Mickey's Philharmagic sells BOYS clothing. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

I just read your whole trip report! It seems like you and your family had a blast! Your daughter Alexa is adorable:cutie: Congrats on being the Family of the Day. We cannot wait to go on our 2nd DW trip in August. I am looking at all the wonderful pictures you took and I cannot wait to go back:banana:

I just read your whole trip report! It seems like you and your family had a blast! Your daughter Alexa is adorable:cutie: Congrats on being the Family of the Day. We cannot wait to go on our 2nd DW trip in August. I am looking at all the wonderful pictures you took and I cannot wait to go back:banana:

Thanks for reading! We did have a blast and we cant wait to go back either. We are returning in May and it seems so far away at the moment! Where are you all staying on your August trip?

And I really need to get on here and finish this report!!!

Soooo..guess Im gonna finally finish up the trip report today. I left off with us having been at AK and packing up most of our gear. I was happy to have all clean clothes for the trip home. One less thing I would have to do once we got home! I LOVE that washer and dryer at BLT:cloud9:
Anyway, we got up Saturday morning and got dressed, packed the stroller and walked over to the lovely lounge for breakfast. We really enjoyed the use of this lounge, and hope to be able to stay CL one day:thumbsup2
After breakfast, we headed back to the room and got all of our bags and took them down to the van. I wanted to get the stuff in the van because I knew we would be at the MK during checkout time. It took a bit to get everything loaded back into the van. When we opened the car top carrier, we were met by all those lovely:rolleyes1 balloons we got at check in. Thankfully they were pretty much deflated, so I had DH cut the ends of them to deflate them all the way and we brought them back as a souvineer.

DSC01504.jpg

After packing up the van, we walked on over to the MK. We didnt have too much on the agenda today as we knew it would be pretty crowded today...just like it was on our check in day the previous Saturday. They were definately NOT green days (TGM), but we decided to just soak in as much MK as we could before we had to get on the road. We would have to leave by 1 or 2 pm to get on the road.
We headed into our most favorite park and soaked up the atmosphere of Main Street and the beautiful castle.

DSC01509.jpg

I never get tired of seeing that castle:cloud9:
We headed over to Toon Town to get in the Faries Line. We were waiting at the rope and while there I put Alexa's Tinkerbell costume on her. Once they dropped the rope, we headed straight for the big tent. We got in line and there was already a 40 min wait.:confused3 Crazy. Im not sure where all those other people came from. Anyway, we got in line and waited it out. Here are some pics of the kids waiting in the shrinking area...
Alexa

DSC01510.jpg

Jonah, Alexa and Olivia

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

Olivia

DSC01516.jpg

And one of Tony and Kayla

DSC01517.jpg

Before long we were inside with our Fairy Friends:)
Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter