Welcome Gift Baskets placed in your room

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MLB0622, Apr 29, 2008.

1. MLB0622

MLB0622 Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me what is the best way that I can have a basket waiting in our room to surprise my DW on her b-day?

2. conandrob240

conandrob240 DIS Veteran

They most likely won't have it there for arrival day- too many chances you'll wind up in a different room. But if you order it to arrive after you've checked in, they will bring it to the room and place it inside.

3. TammiMcMan

TammiMcMan Ohana

If you're staying on the club level, they usually have some pull and can put a gift basket in the room before you even arrive. If you're staying in a standard room, the best they can do is deliver it after you check-in. As the previous poster mentioned, there's just too many variables and rooms do get re-assigned. You can order through the Disney Florist or one of the many off site basket companies. They all deliver to the main desk of the resort, then a runner is assigned to bring it to your room.

4. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Had a Hokey Pokey addiction, but I shook it.

1) As mentioned
    . . . if staying in a regular room, they will not place a basket in the room
    . . . if staying on Club Floor, maybe they will place a basket
    2) it would be embarrassing for someone else to get the basket
    3) It is just too iffy that you might not get the room.
    . . . the room may be given to someone else who wants it
    . . . the room may be "left dirty" due to not enough maids
    . . . there could be a mechanical problem with the room

NOTE: All gifts and/or baskets are delivered to the room by a Front Desk CM and most probably the Front Desk "Runner". It can be delivered after the person checks-in. However, it is delivered on the schedule set by the Runner, so it might show up later that day or in the evening.