Weirdest Disney Misconceptions?

If you google Kimba, you can find a website that offers the TV series DVD. Then, your jaw will drop when you see the very same things that you saw in Lion King. Then, you can show it to your friends and say "Look, this TV series was in 1966. Disney copied it 25 years later and pretended it was their original work."

Um... I actually sat down and watched "Kimba" during the heat of this controversy several years ago. And while the "ZOMG 'teh Lion King' is a 'Kimba' ripoff!" crowd does kinda have a point during the less-epic "Circle of Life"-ish opening credits, their argument really falls apart once the humans get involved. And Earth Mother. Who is a wooly mammoth. Naturally.

Plus the writers of TLK swore up and down after this reached them that they'd never even heard of "Kimba". So, there's that. More about this at StraightDope. Basically, it's "Hamlet" with some of the same species as "Kimba", folks.

(Now Timon and Pumba vs. Ren and Stimpy on the other hand... :laughing:)

I am the type that can honestly say It doesnt really bother me, spent some time googling it and reading things, watching videos, etc. but at the end of the day... I really really like the Lion King, especially the music and none of this effects my opinion of Disney or The Lion King.

Then when I was in high school (this was around '99 or 2000) I was talking to a friend of mine. She told me that there was a girl in one of her classes named Fantasia. I made a comment wondering if she was named after the movie. My friend replied, "I think she was born before the movie came out." There's a 60-year-old in your class? How many times was she held back?

sailorstitch

Your friend was probably thinking of Fantasia 2000...but to not know there was an original means she doesn't know a lot about Disney!

It’s weird to get to know that people don’t know Pirates of the Caribbean was a Disney movie. We were at Disneyland and there was a Jack Sparrow lookalike roaming around. One guy out of the crowd asked him “What are you doing in Disneyland”. Once he questioned some more came and were amused to see Jack Sparrow in Disneyland. When he explained that it’s a Disney movie they were not ready to believe it.

It’s weird to get to know that people don’t know Pirates of the Caribbean was a Disney movie. We were at Disneyland and there was a Jack Sparrow lookalike roaming around. One guy out of the crowd asked him “What are you doing in Disneyland”. Once he questioned some more came and were amused to see Jack Sparrow in Disneyland. When he explained that it’s a Disney movie they were not ready to believe it.

Woah, that one just makes me go
psyyiyi.gif

Kind of reminds me of those poor cast members who are probably already sick of being asked, "Where's the Harry Potter ride?!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter