Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You! (updated on 7/14)

Subbing in! I enjoyed reading your Disneymoon TR, so I'm looking forward to this:)

Glad to see you started a new TR! I really enjoyed reading about your Disneymoon so I am looking forward to reading about this trip too!

I much prefer driving for the exact reason you mentioned. However, we normally fly simply because of the time it takes to get there in a car.

I feel old all of the time! Seriously, when kids these days do the stuff they do, I feel so behind! And I'm really tech savvy.

Loved the video and the story behind your title! I love how descriptive you are in your TRs! YAYYY!

Thanks! We didn't think that that would stick for the ENTIRE trip, but it was definitely the phrase we kept repeating over and over again!

It's always fun to fly to Orlando and to see families traveling to Disney. Of course, they're easier to spot on the way home since they're all wearing Disney gear. It makes me wonder what percentage of visitors buy clothing or hats!

Funny how Dad takes longer to grasp how Disney transportation works. If he ever gets the chance to experience it, he just might get hooked! We just love not having to drive at all on vacation.

Yeah, all the souvenirs that have to be brought home can sometimes be obvious! I like when we see people who have those bags that you can buy when you spend a certain amount of money at a store. Clearly, the people needed to buy another bag to fit all their stuff, haha.

I think my dad will always prefer driving and not having to rely on commuting, but I guess I'll never know for sure because he hasn't been to a park in so long! He'll go back when the kiddies come though!

I am the same way with the restrooms. Right before boarding, I always go even if I just went. I'd rather use the airport restroom than the tiny plane one!

Your nails do look cool with the speckles, nice job! :thumbsup2

Yeah, the option of choosing a stall in the airport is definitely better than being squished in the airplane bathroom!

Thanks! I actually just did my nails and used the same topper because it now reminds me of Disney World!

And you are on your way!!

Love, Love, Love JetBlue. Though we often fly Southwest to save money. Nothing beats those TVs to help the time pass!

I don't know that we have the option to fly Southwest from where we are, but yeah, Jet Blue is definitely a great airline!

I wish both of you had been better also. So many people were sick that year. The gang decided that I needed a holiday so planned a last minute trip. 5 days, 4 nights at AKL standard view. 6am flight on Jet Blue going down and 8;30 pm on the way back. When I got there I was upgraded to a savanah view. I can't even begin to express what a blessing this trip was. Looking at the airport is reminding me of that morning. Looking forward to the next update. Love the nails.

Wow, that sounds like an awesome trip!

Looks like a great travel day so far!

I'm not a huge fan of flying...seems to get worse the older I get too. I don't get sick though...just nervous.

It really was a smooth travel day! Phew, I was so relived! I think my getting nervous just makes me feel sick too on top of actually getting motion sickness. I am so anxious about it that I'm sure it makes me feel worse!

I love that your apartment has a lobby! I guess that is normal but it reminds me of a hotel.
Obviously, I find mundane things thrilling!:)

Our apartment building is actually a condo, I think. Some of the apts here are much larger as we've seen in pictures when we've come across listings online. Thankfully, my aunt and uncle are renting this space out to us! I was happy to have a lobby and a doorman especially during our first year of marriage when I needed to get used to getting home to an empty place by myself.

Joining! I love your nails, by the way. I have that same 'clearly spotted' or whatever it is, but haven't used it yet! I clearly need to. Excited to read about this trip!

Thanks! I just did my nails today with the same "Clearly Spotted" because now it reminds me of Disney, and I'm totally missing it. I wish I had a surprise trip coming up soon ...

Awwww - I didn't know you hated flying! I hope those sea bands helped. :thumbsup2 I watch a movie now whenever I fly. By the time I can turn on my computer and watch the movie it generally lasts long enough to get me to landing. Definitely helps.

I hear ya on the last minute BR trip and I'm right there with you!

Howard's pics are really nice! And how nice of him to help those loads get all checked in!

I've gotten much more comfortable with it because we had our Disneymoon, Christmas 2012, and then this past trip. I just got really nervous after the Christmas trip since I had to travel back with a really bad cold and feeling pretty sick. I was overworked at school, so that didn't help at all because I wasn't relaxed at all. I just didn't want flights like that again! Thankfully, this trip was good in terms of health! I should totally bring a movie or episodes of a TV show to watch to take my mind off of it since it's not always guaranteed there's something on the Jet Blue TVs that I'd want to watch.

Howard and I tried to figure it out, but we can't figure out what "BR trip" is, haha.

Thanks! I know he was excited for this TR where I could use better pictures compared to the Disneymoon ones!

Aww, I feel like all of my flights to Orlando, even if they're for business, are just so happy! Most people are just audibly excited.
LOVE JetBlue! Did you fly out of Newark?? We loved the JetBlue terminal at JFK, but Westchester is just so much more convenient for us.
Love that you made airport friends-- so sweet of Howard to help out Stella and Dina! :thumbsup2

Yup, we flew out of Newark. It's actually the closest airport to us. If we had to drive to JFK or LaGuardia, I'm pretty sure we'd get stuck in traffic!

It definitely set the trip off on the right foot to make some "friends" because that helps me calm down!

Haha I'm still waiting for the day for someone to bump into our video and be like, hey, that's Grandma and her friend! That would be hilarious :lmao:

Haha, yeah, either by the picture or by the names!

Yay i'm so glad your included the videos again, I loved watching the little clips in your honeymoon TR.

I was intrigued when you were describing the Sea Bands, so I had to google them when I finished reading your update. They sound like a really neat idea

And haha I'm the same way about having to always use the bathroom right before boarding, the bathrooms on the plane although there, are not something I wanna use if I don't have too.

Can't wait for more :goodvibes

I tried to be better about taking more video because I know Howard has the pictures covered!

I know that the Sea Bands don't work on everybody. I know some of my friends who were pregnant tried them, but it didn't do anything. But I've also heard of people who have used them on cruises, and it helped curb any nausea although they weren't 100%. I guess it's something that people who just have to test out to see if it works, but I knew that when I didn't feel well and Howard pushed the pressure points on my hand, it helped so I figured it'd work for me.

Exactly! They're there, but I just want to avoid them especially since it's a short flight!

Subbing in! I enjoyed reading your Disneymoon TR, so I'm looking forward to this:)

Thanks! Happy you're joining in on these adventures too!

Subbing in to read later!!

Glad you're here, Katt!

Glad to see you started a new TR! I really enjoyed reading about your Disneymoon so I am looking forward to reading about this trip too!

Thanks for joining with this TR too!

I much prefer driving for the exact reason you mentioned. However, we normally fly simply because of the time it takes to get there in a car.

I feel old all of the time! Seriously, when kids these days do the stuff they do, I feel so behind! And I'm really tech savvy.

Yeah, when we fly, I think about how we don't have to sit in a car for so long. Then when we drive, I'm relieved we don't have to deal with flying! So either way, I can be both happy and anxious at the same time! I do my best to focus on the benefits, of course!

Just the other day I said to Howard, "What's TBH?" because it was popping up on Facebook from all of the high school kids from our church. Haha, we figured that one out, but it's funny seeing all these things and having to utilize urban dictionary sometimes to understand what's going on!

SNACKS on a Plane
(You know, as opposed to Snakes on a Plane? Har har ...)

We were one of the last few on the plane, and I was absolutely fine with that. I actually feel bad for all the people who have to sit at the back because they board first and have to wait for everyone else. I'm guessing that's not too big of an issue for others though as there are groups of people who stand up really early to line up to board and seem extremely eager! I know some airlines don't assign seats, but since we knew we were set, I was okay with just hopping on, putting our bags over and under, buckling, and soaring! By the way, please don't mind the messiest hair I have ever had photographed in my entire life, haha. I'll post it anyway for the sake of the trip report!

One of the things I've been trying to do on flights is actually close my eyes so I can be half-asleep while we take off. I'm aware of it but not entirely, and that's how I like it! When I was younger, I used to sit next to my dad while my older brother sat with my mom on planes. My dad would hold my hand and kind of get all pretend-anxious about it and say, "We're almost going! We're getting ready!" so maybe that's why I get slightly nervous! My mom would also sit back with her eyes closed while chewing gum. Hopefully, we can be excited about flights with Luke and Leia and point out how everything looks through the window so that our kids don't feel the same way as I do.

It kind of reminds me of season 10 of Top Chef, haha. Anyone else watch Top Chef the way we do? We've watched all the seasons so many times as I used Swagbucks to get free iTunes gift cards to pay for them (I have a referral link if anyone is interested!)! Anyway, in that season, Brooke (the runner-up) had a lot of fears and realized she was passing them on to her young son, so she really had to overcome a LOT during the season since they went from Seattle and then to Alaska and had to do things like fly in a helicopter and get on a cruise ship. I really liked her interview portions because I too have a ton of fears, and I hope they don't become my children's fears either!

Talk about a tangent ...

Back to our flight ... we were really happy to be leaving the snow on the ground to warmer weather in Florida! As I mentioned before, it was actually a little colder during the week we were there as opposed to the weeks before and after it, but it was definitely going to be better than the temperatures in New York!

Wahoo for the fact that I did actually stay half-asleep during the beginning portion of the flight! The baby girl in the row with us wasn't really having it though. She cried later on during the descent too and kept touching her ears, so clearly the air pressure was bothering her. Howard and I felt so terrible for her! It helped that she was an absolute cutie-patootie! We tried to distract her when she was antsy by waving to her and smiling.

One of the greatest things about Jet Blue is the fact that they still give out snacks and drinks! I have to say that it actually helps with the flight because it breaks up the time. Considering the time in the air is short, the light snack breaks it up as the flight attendants can't actually get orders and distribute them until it's safe to get up and move around. Then there is one that starts from the front and another that starts from the back, so we have a little bit of time to wait before they get to us. Then once we get our snack, they start collecting the garbage so the activity is great at distracting me.

Okay, so my choice in beverage might seem kind of odd to some people. I always get tomato juice! My mom used to get it when I was younger, and I was intrigued. That's when they gave the huge can the size of the soda cans! I started associating tomato juice with airplanes. It works for me because soda would give me a stomach ache, and I like slowly sipping tomato juice without any ice. I don't drink it here on the ground, haha, but it's a must get when on the plane.

I've never gotten "cold pressed and crystallized lemon" in a little packet before though.

Howard's beverage of choice was ginger ale. We very rarely drink soda at home unless I somehow get it close to free once in a while from CVS or something, but when we're on vacation, we splurge!

We also had some snacks too! Hubs actually "ordered" for me since I was half-asleep at the time. He got two things each because they do say snacks are unlimited! Because we were in the middle though, they ran out of some choices. He got me the Terra Blues Potato Chips (the one that had the sweet potato chips mixed in too) and PopCorners Popcorn Chips. He had the Terra Blues as well along with animal crackers from what I see. Gotta love crunchy snacks! That definitely helps takes my mind off being thousands of feet in the air too!

Everything was piled on Howard's tray at that point because I decided to take the laptop out to type up some trip report updates for my Disneymoon one. I also had to type up a few more blog updates so I could schedule them for each night since I post a little something each day even if it's nothing important, haha. It forces me to write a little more each day and record some of the memories we have. I wish I had done that during our first year of marriage! That too distracted me a lot since I couldn't really find anything on the TV that interested me. I mean, I would have watched White Collar except for the fact that we hadn't watched ANY of the episodes of the current season (we wait for things to go on Netflix!).

I also spent some time watching how my rings reflected the light everywhere! I'm kidding; I didn't really do it for long. I just had Howard take a picture of it and then moved my hand away. It always bothered me when people's watches reflected light on the ceiling or something and just kept moving it, haha. I didn't want to be one of those people!

It was so bright and beautiful, and we both enjoyed seeing the clouds and the sky. I know there are a lot of people who do the ombre thing on their nails or in handmade cards and all that, but let me just say that God has got it down as the best artist! Look at that blue!

At times, we were able to see the ground too. I look down and wonder what people are doing in the houses and in the backyards, and when I'm on the ground, I look up and wonder what the people are doing in airplanes! I also tend to look up at planes and pray for the pilots and all of those on the flight and especially for anyone who might be nervous or feeling sick!

But back to those clouds! This particular picture reminds me a little of the clouds that Bob Ross painted! I know I'm not the only one who sat there and watched episodes of The Joy of Painting on PBS! I actually talked about this fairly recently with hubs because I was saying that there's ALWAYS something on TV nowadays for kids whereas there were only a few hours of children's shows for a certain time of day when we were young. Remember looking forward to Tuesday nights when Full House was on or waiting for TGIF to watch Step by Step and Family Matters? So when I just wanted to watch TV and nothing was really on, I'd watch Bob Ross or Lidia Bastianich's cooking show! Too bad kids don't often do that anymore because there are too many options!

Near the end of our flight, we both watched one of those house fixing shows. Howard was really into it and actually watched it for a while, and we were hoping the episode would finish before the plane landed. I also specifically took this selfie because that adorable baby was sitting on the dad who was next to Howard. Keep this family in mind because this wouldn't be the last time we see them!

As we began our descent, I opened the shade on the window as did the young boy sitting in front of me. I took a picture of this because NO ONE else in front of us opened their shade for the longest time! It really was THAT bright, but I loved it! When we flew during our Christmas 2012 trip, we left at night after a day of work. I never want to do night flights again because I hate the darkness! It made me feel even more claustrophobic.

Thankfully, we heard the announcement that it was time to land! Wahoo!!! I had survived the flight, and I had felt great throughout the entire thing! It didn't feel long at all, but even so, I was happy to record this video to show we were finally in Orlando! At one point, a kid did say, "We're in Disney World!" but I'm not sure if I caught it.

VIDEO: Landing in Orlando

I think I just needed to record the landing to remind myself for future flights that it's fairly calm! And though there's really no reason to watch the whole video, at 1:15 I turn the camera to face us to capture our excitement, and then the guy behind us saw it and totally video bombed! Haha, I didn't even know until I was going over the videos the other day to upload, and Howard pointed it out! Haha, thanks dude!

Though that kid wasn't entirely right about being in Disney World yet, we were still thrilled to almost be there. Well, not without getting some real food first!

Yay for another Weird & Ninja TR! I finally got a chance to sit down and read, and once again, you don't disappoint, Rachel. :thumbsup2

First off, I have to say, when you are ready to have a baby, you'll know. And don't let anyone pressure you into it before then! DH and I started dating young and married young, and I always thought we'd get married and have a child right after. But then we realized that being married was a whole different ballgame than just dating, and we enjoyed just being together for awhile. We were married for 3 years before we decided we were ready for a baby. As happy and fulfilled as I felt becoming a mom, I wouldn't trade those 3 years for anything!

Great start to the TR! Seems like a smooth travel day so far, which is always a plus. :goodvibes

I love the way your chronicled your flight and I completely understand what you mean about transferring your fears. I have seen that happen over and over. I really had to get over my fear of amusement park rides when my kids where little. There wee so many coasters I didn't want to ride and boys ride coasters. :rotfl2:

Jet Blue feeds you well! :thumbsup2 I find the whole food/drink distribution think to be a great distraction as well. But I'm telling you - bringing your own movie is totally the way to go. You take a mindless chick flick, sort of a guilty pleasure type movie, and the time flies!

I totally get what you are saying about looking out of an airplane and wondering what people are doing down below. I especially think about it when we pass over ball fields for some reason.
Where we live is on the flight path for airplanes heading to England. Every day at around 6:45 the is always an airplane on its way. I always wonder if they are traveling for buisness or vacation. And when will it be us up there. :)

I remember the days when cartoon were only on for an hour or two in the afternoons and Saturday mornings.
We spent many a summer weekday afternoon watching reruns of Gomer Pyle, the Beverly Hillbillies and Bewitched.

Still love Bob Ross. So mesmerizing!

Love the update! I am not a fan of flying, but my husband absolutely hates it. I do love being able to drive places that I want to go. It's so nice to be able to stop whenever I want or not to have all my plans rearranged because of flight delays or cancellations.

I LOVED Bob Ross. I saw this awhile ago and it made me laugh:

takei-5.jpg

Joining in! I know I was REALLY late on your Disneymoon one but at least I'm catching this one early :thumbsup2 I really enjoy your trip reports because I am a thrifty vacationer too! Since we usually drive, we bring our groceries down with us. Plus I am a couponer and use swagbucks which I am currently saving up to get a gift card to take my son to T-Rex this summer. Well looks like you all had a great flight and can't wait to hear more!

I had popcorn chip and watched Mama Mia on my touch during the flight. Over the years I have developed motion sickness and can not do some rides without a pill. On my previous flight I found that I feel very ill on take off and landings, now I take a pill for that too. It is very annoying since I was able to go on anything with no problem at all.

I hope JetBlue never cuts out the snacks and drinks. It makes a big difference breaking up the flight.

Bob Ross. What a calming voice. Just thinking about it makes me relax!

Yay for another Weird & Ninja TR! I finally got a chance to sit down and read, and once again, you don't disappoint, Rachel. :thumbsup2

First off, I have to say, when you are ready to have a baby, you'll know. And don't let anyone pressure you into it before then! DH and I started dating young and married young, and I always thought we'd get married and have a child right after. But then we realized that being married was a whole different ballgame than just dating, and we enjoyed just being together for awhile. We were married for 3 years before we decided we were ready for a baby. As happy and fulfilled as I felt becoming a mom, I wouldn't trade those 3 years for anything!

Great start to the TR! Seems like a smooth travel day so far, which is always a plus. :goodvibes

Thanks, Kristy! I'm so glad you're here!

Aww, I love that! That's the kind of stuff I like hearing. I too want to have the time with Howard just being married before we have a baby. I have moments when I'm in the Disney Store and think, "Oh my gosh, I want to buy that for our babies!" but that's clearly NOT enough of a reason to have a kid just yet! Haha, that desire can easily be satisfied by buying things for my nephew who's due at the end of July.

I love the way your chronicled your flight and I completely understand what you mean about transferring your fears. I have seen that happen over and over. I really had to get over my fear of amusement park rides when my kids where little. There wee so many coasters I didn't want to ride and boys ride coasters. :rotfl2:

Jet Blue feeds you well! :thumbsup2 I find the whole food/drink distribution think to be a great distraction as well. But I'm telling you - bringing your own movie is totally the way to go. You take a mindless chick flick, sort of a guilty pleasure type movie, and the time flies!

I'm getting a little better about my fears, so hopefully by the time we have kids, I won't be so irrational, haha.

I think I could watch episodes of 24 or something on an airplane because it's the kind of show that you can watch straight through because you're dying to know what happens in the next episode!

I totally get what you are saying about looking out of an airplane and wondering what people are doing down below. I especially think about it when we pass over ball fields for some reason.
Where we live is on the flight path for airplanes heading to England. Every day at around 6:45 the is always an airplane on its way. I always wonder if they are traveling for buisness or vacation. And when will it be us up there. :)

I remember the days when cartoon were only on for an hour or two in the afternoons and Saturday mornings.
We spent many a summer weekday afternoon watching reruns of Gomer Pyle, the Beverly Hillbillies and Bewitched.

Still love Bob Ross. So mesmerizing!

So I'm not the only one! Traveling really makes you stop and just sit and think about things like that.

Yeah, I watched Beverly Hillbillies and Bewitched too! Nick at Nite was the only option at that time of the day, so I grew to love those shows too.

Have you ever seen the Bob Ross Remixed video?

Love the update! I am not a fan of flying, but my husband absolutely hates it. I do love being able to drive places that I want to go. It's so nice to be able to stop whenever I want or not to have all my plans rearranged because of flight delays or cancellations.

I LOVED Bob Ross. I saw this awhile ago and it made me laugh

I'm getting better with flights especially since I see the benefit of not feeling EXHAUSTED from sitting in the car for so long. But yeah, road trips are fun too! I do look forward to road tripping with the kiddos!

HAHA, oh my gosh, that Bob Ross thing is hilarious! I've never seen that before!!!

Joining in! I know I was REALLY late on your Disneymoon one but at least I'm catching this one early :thumbsup2 I really enjoy your trip reports because I am a thrifty vacationer too! Since we usually drive, we bring our groceries down with us. Plus I am a couponer and use swagbucks which I am currently saving up to get a gift card to take my son to T-Rex this summer. Well looks like you all had a great flight and can't wait to hear more!

Yay, thanks for joining in on this trip report too! When I was reading your comment, Howard looked over and saw that you too are a couponer and use Swagbucks, and he pointed that out! Haha, that's like, our way of life these days. I ALWAYS use coupons on everything I get other than fresh fruit and veggies and meat, but those are always purchased with sales, of course. I also do what I can to buy as much as I can from Target instead of the supermarkets since I exchange my Swagbucks for Target gift cards. I've heard they sell Disney gift cards at Target too, so if that's the case, I'm thinking if it's possible to buy them and use Swagbucks gift cards to pay for them! Then we can start saving for our next trip! So far I've earned $500 in gift cards, so I should totally start putting some aside for Disney too, hehe.

I had popcorn chip and watched Mama Mia on my touch during the flight. Over the years I have developed motion sickness and can not do some rides without a pill. On my previous flight I found that I feel very ill on take off and landings, now I take a pill for that too. It is very annoying since I was able to go on anything with no problem at all.

I think that if we ever plan on taking a longer flight to California, I'd have to take something to prevent potential motion sickness too. That's really the reason why I've never ridden Expedition Everest. I just can't risk getting dizzy during the backwards part in the dark. It would've been easier when I was younger and able to handle all the potential dizzying rides!

I hope JetBlue never cuts out the snacks and drinks. It makes a big difference breaking up the flight.

Bob Ross. What a calming voice. Just thinking about it makes me relax!

Absolutely! It seems strange to say that it's part of why we love flying with them! I think it gives them an edge.

He really did have such a calming voice. A few comments above, I posted the Bob Ross Remixed video link! Have you ever seen it?

Enjoying an MCO Chik-fil-A Picnic

Once our airplane had touched the ground and we pulled up to our gate, I was extremely relieved and ready to move on to the next phase of our travel day! The other benefit of sitting near the front of the plane is that we get to get off sooner rather than later. We gathered our belongings and thanked the pilots and flight attendants. When we stepped into the airport, I did feel a slight tinge of guilt for being so happy when clearly there were people going home on the same plane. But, of course, we would be in their shoes in just a week.

We walked to the futuristic-looking monorails and boarded as the doors were about to close. Normally, we walk to the front of the monorail to get that view, but there was no need to since we were just eager to get to the main terminal.

Whether we were in the first or last car, we were happy to be on our way! It was also rather freeing because we didn't have any suitcases with us. During our Disneymoon, we only checked in one bag since we had to pay the fee for it. Then during our Christmas trip, we arrived really late at night when they weren't delivering luggage anymore, so we had to get it ourselves and bring to the bus. This was really the first time that we didn't have to carry anything other than the backpacks we each had.

Soon we were on our way! I consider this the first "ride" of the trip, and I know if we ever fly to Orlando with our kids, they'll be excited about it because we will still be excited about it too! I have to say that in my mind, I always see pictures of the DIS kids sitting on that blue portion and staring out the window, especially the one with Brooklyn and Bella that was posted on BrooklynsMommy and MeMom's TRs.

Hubs snapped this picture of me as I looked out the windows. It's interesting to see that we were in lots of layers when we first had to leave, but later in the day, we didn't need them! That day was just incredibly pleasant, and we welcomed the sunshine!

But that sunshine would have to wait just a bit longer as we had to make a stop at the food court first to begin our trip with what we consider a Sarah (wdwgirl03) tradition and that was getting food from Chik-fil-A!

We did make a bathroom stop first though. We took turns since I don't like dealing with bringing bags into public restrooms if I don't have to especially when what I had was so bulky. Howard had his backpack, his extra coat layer that he had already taken off with the warmer weather, and his camera.

We were right by Lush when we walked back to get our grub, and I snapped a really quick picture because I had just seen people mention it. In the past half a year or so, I've really been enjoying Bath & Body Works products. It started with their candles and then body wash and lotion (their triple moisture cream is the best for dry skin!). I check some fan sites on Facebook and saw people talk about things like bath bombs and other items from Lush. I kind of just ignored all of that because I haven't taken a bath in our apartment since I just don't feel that it's our tub despite the many times we've cleaned it. However, I was mildly interested in the store front at the beginning of the trip. Howard asked if I wanted to check it out, but I declined.

Once we finished with the bathrooms, we went to pick up our food! We don't have any Chik-fil-A's near us, so when we drive down to Florida, we get excited when we see the sign. Strangely, my dad doesn't even consider those types of fast food restaurants that we don't have here and will be like, "Want to get Wendy's?" Last time, I mentioned Bojangles really early on so that we were finally able to stop there! My dad, however, picked up food elsewhere, haha. He's so strange like that. So basically when we have the opportunity, we like to get things we don't have access to here at home. That's only logical!

Since the food court area was so crowded, we didn't even bother looking for any open tables. Even if there's one table available, I probably wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much if we were surrounded by a lot of people. That's why we like eating in the parks so early too. We got our stuff and decided to walk downstairs to Magical Express.

Seeing the first Mickey of the trip is super exciting! In my mind, it makes me feel as if the Disney magic has already begun once we get to this part of the travel day. We're stepping into that bubble!

Just in case we had to wait for a really long time for ME, we decided to eat our food there. We sat down and spread our food out like we were having a Chik-fil-A picnic! It was funny that the seats were bolted to the floor, so I couldn't scoot closer. Instead, we had to move the table because I was so far away, haha.

Howard was really excited for his chicken sandwich. At one point after we initially got married, he actually tried cooking chicken Chik-fil-A style. He was obsessed with the idea of brining for the longest time before he tried it for himself. The chicken that he made was so tender, and I totally understood the reason for brining. Unfortunately, he let it brine too long, and it was too salty. But we definitely learned a lot from our first year of cooking!

Howard had the chicken sandwich that he thought was completely plain, but it had pickles in it as we commented on in the video below. I'm a kid and love chicken nuggets because that means I can dip to my heart's content! Readers of my Disneymoon TR know that I'm not that big of a fan of meat but will pretty much eat anything if I can dip it in a sauce. That's how I even ate meat at 'Ohana in Feb 2011! I chose the Polynesian sauce and the Chik-fil-A sauce, which is kind of like honey mustard and barbecue sauce mixed together. That combo is definitely a winner in our book, and you'll see this idea pop up later too. We also shared an order of fries and a soda (we ordered one meal and then the entree on its own). I didn't finish all of mine, but I know that once we get to Pop I'd be hungry so I just boxed it back to bring along. Leftovers are my favorite!

VIDEO: Chik-fil-A Picnic
(If you watch this, you will be part of the "entire world" who knows how hubs bites his sandwiches, haha.)

We packed up everything and threw the backpacks back on and walked farther down to where they were actually checking in for ME. This picture of the garbage was taken because I didn't know what they were from far away and didn't realize we would later toss our trash into them!

That picnic definitely was a tasty way to welcome us to the Disney bubble even though it may not have been actual Disney food. With our stomachs satisfied, we were ready to wait however long it took to get to our resort.

Just a quick FYI. Chik-Fil-a is in Both the Woodbridge and Menlo Park Malls. We go about once a month. It's Joe's favorite. Menlo also serves breakfast.

Just a quick FYI. Chik-Fil-a is in Both the Woodbridge and Menlo Park Malls. We go about once a month. It's Joe's favorite. Menlo also serves breakfast.

We'd totally go if the toll for the bridge wasn't there! We very rarely go to NJ, and if we do, it's usually with my parents for the rare family dinner for a special occasion or something. I wish there was one on our borough!

Soon we were on our way! I consider this the first "ride" of the trip, and I know if we ever fly to Orlando with our kids, they'll be excited about it because we will still be excited about it too! I have to say that in my mind, I always see pictures of the DIS kids sitting on that blue portion and staring out the window, especially the one with Brooklyn and Bella that was posted on BrooklynsMommy and MeMom's TRs.

True, the 'fauxnorail' means we are really there! The entire trip lies before us, and everyone is happy and excited. :)

Well, I watched, and one of my life's most vital questions - "How does Howard eat a sandwich?" - has now been covered. ::yes::

True, the 'fauxnorail' means we are really there! The entire trip lies before us, and everyone is happy and excited. :)

Well, I watched, and one of my life's most vital questions - "How does Howard eat a sandwich?" - has now been covered. ::yes::

:rotfl2: I'm so glad we were able to document my sandwich eating in the wild! We should use high speed cameras next time and have David Attenborough do a voiceover!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts