Weight Watchers Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give your DD a big congratulations from me and my DD! It is aggravating when they come in near the bottom of their event and/or heat.... but they need to remember that when it is a qualifying event, they have beat out any NUMBER of other swimmers, just to BE THERE!!!
I was more disappointed than she was! I admit that my expectations were pretty high especially in the 50 free. She dropped 7 places from the psych sheet and put on .85ish seconds. She was more disappointed in the relay ... she really wanted a medal and they would have been 6th. One of the less experienced swimmers pulled up a bit at the end of her swim instead of swimming hard into the wall and the #3 girl timed her take off on the #2 girl's speed after the flags so she left early. You can't be mad at either girl, though. They were trying their best. It was a learning experience for both of us. It was her first championship season (with 4 USA cuts and 2 YMCA cuts) so it was all new to us. She will still be 10 for summer long course so she'll have another chance at USA state in July. She'll be 11 next year and those cuts are super fast! I am keeping my fingers crossed for next year but I don't know if she'll make it. I'll have to work on my zen relaxation skills to overcome my competitive swim mom tendencies.

Get out your food scale, measuring spoons, etc. Put them to use for AT LEAST a full week and see if anything changes.

I love, Love, LOVE the stainless steel WW measuring spoons/ladles. They come in 1 Cup, 1/2 Cup and 1/4 Cup. I use the all the time! They are much easier to use than regular measuring cups.

Thanks for the advice and support!! Believe me, I am counting and measuring EVERYTHING - just ask my husband. If I don't know the points value of something, I'm always running to the computer to look it up or, if we're out, I'll pull out my cell phone so I can find the value. I think he thinks I'm a little crazy sometimes, but I KNOW I need to be accurate with it. I also eat a large variety of things each day and different things each day to use up my daily points, but I might try going into those weeklies a bit and see if that makes a difference (definitely won't have any problem with that this week since our wedding anniversary is tomorrow and DH and I are going out to an Italian place Friday night to celebrate!).

I like the idea of getting some extra measuring spoons/cups - I'm getting tired of having to wash mine all the time, too! :thumbsup2

I'm just going to stick with the plan and not worry too much about what the scale says for a couple weeks. My clothes are starting to fit differently and, just today, one of the people I work with told me that my face looked thinner - just what I needed to hear! :)

Thanks again for the suggestions and encouragement!

Tena

I fell off the wagon this past week REALLY bad. You would have thought I would not eat another bite of food the rest of my life. Last weeks WI I was up 1lb. No big deal; I had been working out doing the C25K so I acredited the gain to that. We then went out of town. Didn't do great/didn't do too bad, but coming back home I hit bottom.

I WILL get back on track starting today! No more binge eating! No more junk food!

:yay:Hello all!!!

I am so happy to see that there is a WW thread on the DIS. I read the DIS daily for new scoops and ideas for out WDW addiction and I am happy to join this thread. I joined WW on Feb 21st because a friend of mine at work was going, so she and I buddied up and decided to go together. I had joined 2 years ago, and that was a somewhat half-hearted futile attempt at it. This time, I am destined to stay the course.

So far, I have lost ~10 lbs. I track everything online and I have the luxury of having both a computer at work and at home, so I can find the Points value to everything. I am a creature of habit so I eat the same snacks daily (apple, carrots, WW string cheese--my fav!) and mix it up for dinner and lunch.

I HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO incorporate exercise in my daily routine, but have yet to find the time to do so. It is a priority for me!!

I decided to it was time to do something about my weight when we went to WDW last year, and I was afraid to get on the rides for fear of being embarassed if I couldnt get out. Hopefully this year, by the time we go, I should be ~30 lbs lighter. Cant wait to feel that!!!

GLad to see some new faces here!

I've got a question. As you may know, I do WW "on my own" at home (no online subscription, no meetings, no e-tools). WW has gotten enough of my $$ over the years! That said, my books, etc are a bit old.

I had a co-worker today complaining about always being hungry on WW and said she is down to a Daily Points Target of 18. I thought that 20 points was the lowest that was listed in the week one book, so I came home and checked and sure enough, my week one book shows anyone who weighs below 150 should be eating 20 points daily (plus the 35 weekly points and any activities points). But maybe things have changed??

Could someone with a really recent book check and tell me if they have readjusted the Daily Points Targets? Thanks so much............P

According to my book (Book 1, Momentum Program) you start with the first two number of your weight. For instance if you weigh 150, take 15. You then add points depending on your gender, age, height and type of work. If you point total is less than 18, your daily target is 18. If your friend is near goal, older or short she could very well be at 18.

Darn! Looking at that stupid chart I'm going to lose TWO points next month between my birthday and when I go down to the next 10's grouping.

I have been at 18 points for a long time (since I dropped below 130, I believe). I am now at 119 and still 18 points. My understanding is that they do not dip below this. I hope not, that is low enough! I eat a lot of vegetables and all of my weekly points. I usually dip into my activity points as well.

I am enjoying the chat. You all seem so friendly :goodvibes

I joined WW Sept. 2, 2009 I love their program and the flexibility it offers as opposed to eating only Nutrisystem food, etc.

Anyways, I have been pretty successful so far and have lost 47.6 pounds so far! I need to lose over 100 pounds total so I will be working at this for a while.

I found that exercise really helps and I use the exercise demos on Weight Watcher's Website to make up my own routine. I alternate that with walking either at the mall or if the weather is nice, around the neighborhood. I recently started doing an exercise video, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Her work out is only 20 minutes but it is intense. Jumping Jacks, sit ups and push ups!:eek:

For breakfast, I love vitamuffins Muffin Tops only 1 point each. I usually have the cran-bran for breakfast. I keep the chocolate ones in the freezer for chocolate cravings, and corn bread muffin tops are yummy with chili!

Also, try the recipe builder on the website, you can put the ingredients of your favorite recipes and find out how many points they are. It also offers suggestions for ways to lighten up the recipe!

Okay... so when the points Target changed (in the Momentum book) did the weekly Flex points change?

Now I am curious. My old week one book states that anyone weighing below 150 should be at 20 points daily with 35 Flex points. I am struggling right now to get to goal and have been using my old week one book as my guide. Maybe 20 daily points is too many? That said, I NEVER use my activity points and I don't always use my Flex points.

It sort of makes me wish I weighed a bit more so I could rejoin WW and get some updated info. Unfortunately, I don't think that they would take me right now because I have less than 10 pounds to lose...........P

Pamela - they now have this goofy quiz that you have to take rather than the simplicity of the weight chart. The daily points can go down below 20 now - mine were at 19 for a while at the end there.

The Flex points are still 35 per week.

You only have to have 5 pounds to lose to join WW. 5 pounds is pretty much the difference between whether you had dinner and a big glass of water and are wearing a sweater for weigh in, but it's their rule, not mine! How tall are you? There is a chart with a minimum joining weight for height as well. My minimum joining weight is several pounds below my goal weight, so they probably would take you if you wanted to go and get the new info booklets.

Ok, I am back on track this week, I lost 2 lbs! I went to Target and got 5lb ankle/wrist weights and added them into my workout. Now, I am hunting for some great new recipes for Easter dinner.

Pamela - they now have this goofy quiz that you have to take rather than the simplicity of the weight chart. The daily points can go down below 20 now - mine were at 19 for a while at the end there.

You only have to have 5 pounds to lose to join WW. 5 pounds is pretty much the difference between whether you had dinner and a big glass of water and are wearing a sweater for weigh in, but it's their rule, not mine! How tall are you? There is a chart with a minimum joining weight for height as well. My minimum joining weight is several pounds below my goal weight, so they probably would take you if you wanted to go and get the new info booklets.

I also think there is a way to order the books online. I saw it in a magazine. I will do some research. I think it'll run you about $129, but if I remember correctly, you get quite a bit. I'll look into for you.

Definitely something to think about. Maybe I WILL rejoin. It would be great to attend a few meetings and update my WW knowledge.

I also think there is a way to order the books online. I saw it in a magazine. I will do some research. I think it'll run you about $129, but if I remember correctly, you get quite a bit. I'll look into for you.

Maybe be joining WW online?? I've thought about doing that also. I'll have to give it all some serious thought this week!

Thanks so much to everyone for answering my questions!............P

I remember seeing this as well, for the same price...
Found it! It's in the WW magazine March/April issue.
Here is the link:
WeightWatchers.com/homekit

I weighed in on friday and I lost another 3.8lbs! I have lost 11.2lbs in 3 weeks!

This weekend was my first time eating fast food and takeout since joining and I hope I did my points correctly. We ate Chinese one night and I usually get Lemon Chicken, which is fried chicken in a sweet lemon sauce, with fried rice and an egg roll. This time I got a lighter dish Almond Din shrimp, which is loaded with veggies and shrimp in a light sauce, with plain white rice, and I got a spring roll instead of an egg roll. I also started with a cup of egg drop soup for 1 point, but it was very filling, so I didn't eat as much of the main course.

Another night we ate Taco Bell. Before WW I would have eaten 5 crunchy tacos and a soda, this time I carefully ordered a steak taco and a chicken taco, both from the fresca menu and had a side of beans.

Oh I wanted to share a filling breakfast that I have been eating. It is an omelet made with 1 egg and 3 egg whites, filled with spinach, mushrooms. I eat it with a side of low-calorie bread(Sara Lee 45 calorie whole wheat with honey). It is very filling and low in points.

My goal for this week is to make it to my 5% and maybe even to 15lbs! 5% is 2.4lbs and 15lbs is 3.8. So we'll see!
Have a great week everyone!

Just checking in. Lost 2.4 lbs at last Tuesday's weigh-in. Last night's meeting was cancelled due to unexpected snow here in NE PA, so I'm not sure how I did over the last week.

Hoping to remain steady given the upcoming Easter holiday.

Good luck to everyone as we push through the temptations:thumbsup2

Hi everyone.
I just joined WW tongiht. I have tried jenny craig in the past and yes it worked but was only on it for a month as it got to pricey. I am doing WW online and am hoping that this will stick or shall i say tht i stay with it.
I have a lot to loose, i kept gaining after the birth of my kids, i have 4 they are 12 almost 13, 10, 7 almost 8( will be 8 on easter sunday) and 3 almost 4
I am a SAHM and keep very busy lol.
I did have a question i have heard that you are supposed to have so much olive oil in your diet daily?? but i can;t find anything online about it so was wondering what this is all about lol
I am planning o trip to disneyworld in August, it is partly for business convention lol but am adding a few days if i can afford to and i would like to loose some weight. I live in Alberta Canada and me and hubbie took the kids to disneyland almost a year ago, this was our very first time to be there( havent been to disneyworld either)
Can't wait to meet all of you

Welcome albertamom!! Glad to have you here! Yes, you are supposed to include a certain number of point in the form of "healthy fats" each day. That could be olive oil, avocado, nuts, or fish oil. There should be some information in your week one book about it. If you still can't find it, ask again here... I'm sure someone will find it for you.

I am so pleased to report that I have lost 4.3 pounds (according to my new WW scale). I have struggled so much over the past few weeks, this is a huge deal for me! I finally feel vindicated!

Happy Easter to everyone!.................P

Good for you, Pjlla!! I can totally relate to your struggle, believe me! It seems like I was just holding steady for a couple weeks, but now I think I've gotten "over the hump" because I've lost 2.3 pounds this past week (I weighed myself yesterday morning, even though I don't "officially" weigh in until tomorrow). I talked to a friend of mine who is a WW leader and she said that because of all the activity I do each week (3 days of running and 2 days on the elliptical), I'm probably building muscle fairly quickly and should try to eat a bit more - which still sounds so counter-intuitive to me! But, it seems to be working, so I'm not complaining.

I just had a bagel thin (1 point) with some low fat Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb spreadable cheese (1 point), 2/3 cup of non-fat milk (1 point) and a little over a cup of fresh strawberries (.5 points) for breakfast. So yummy!!!

My step-daughter is here for Easter and will be going back home on Tuesday, so there may be a few eating challenges while she's here - depending on what we do - but I'm confident that I can still make smart choices about what I eat! :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a terrific Easter!

Tena

Congrats Pjlla! You'll be at goal so soon.

It's been so busy around here. I haven't gotten on a scale in about a week. I will have to do that today or tomorrow. I've gotten off track lately. My mini-goal for the week is to focus on tracking and getting in my water/liquids.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter