Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Woo to both of you! Sounds like you two tracked really well! Did you have plans going into the meals?

Oh, I had a plan alright. I planned to eat and enjoy. The food at the restaurant on Thanksgiving day was wonderful. I ate one serving more of stuffing than I should have because I went from full to miserable. But having overindulged actually reinforced my determination to eat within my points.

I was down 1.8 this week for a total of 92.2. :)

I haven't been around much and probably won't be on much for a while. Since 12/4 I have had my dh to the doctor four times and at the hospital six times for tests. He is disabled but they can't figure out what is going on with him right now. The DIS is low on the priority list right now. At least Christmas shopping for ten grandkids is finished and all gifts are wrapped. No tree yet but I dropped a hint in one of my sons' ears about helpong us get one Monday.

I am grateful that my husband survived something very similar in 1994 and I am optimistic that with the Lord's blessing he will come through this too.

My plan was to go to the gym first thing on Thanksgiving morning for a 90 min spin class -- which was the same plan as 25 other people who got there before me. LOL So I jumped on the treadmill and did week 1, day 1 of C25k then an extran 20 minutes of walking. Hit my activity baseline for the day before I even left the gym.

That's a great plan! :)

I have worked hard this week and I hope to be rewarded with a good loss! I'm still struggling to get to my 10%. I have to lose 24 lbs to get that and 25lbs is my first goal....so after 5 months, I'm still working for those 2 small goals.

It's going to be SO exciting when you hit one, then the other, goal! Or both together! (I personally would want them separate, because if you do one where they announce your loss, like the 25 lbs, AND the percentage, then people can figure out what you were before...especially that early on I wanted a bit more privacy with the numbers, know what I mean?)

Oh, I had a plan alright. I planned to eat and enjoy. The food at the restaurant on Thanksgiving day was wonderful. I ate one serving more of stuffing than I should have because I went from full to miserable. But having overindulged actually reinforced my determination to eat within my points.

I like your plan, too. :) And you are SO right about how overindulging makes you stronger in the future. It just doesn't feel great.

I hope your husband gets things figured out soon and starts healing up from whatever is going on!

Today at our meeting (I go to meetings each week still because if I don't go I'll start backsliding!) I think my leader was using me as a "she can tell a member stuff that I can't because my boss is here and I have to say exactly what WW wants me to say" person. I had mentioned in the meeting that I eat all Daily, Weekly, and carefully calculated Activity points, and a woman was fascinated by this. She has been afraid of even touching Weeklies, but she's HUNGRY. I talked to her about that, and as she was asking about Activity points my leader came over. The woman wondered out loud if you're just eating back all your points, and the leader couldn't really say anything. I said "if our leader weren't standing here and if her boss weren't over there I would tell you more, but basically if you work out you burn this much, but you eat back only this much, so you're still at a deficit." The leader was able to nod, because she has heard me talk about what the Community people say on ww.com, that basically it's 80 calories burned to make one activity points, but then a point you eat is only approximately 40 calories. Therefore, you're still at a deficit. That's the basics. But the leader couldn't say that out loud, especially with her boss there.

Wow that was a long paragraph.

And during the meeting I was so glad to finally use ALL my words, and explain how I came to use all the points (slowly...first Weeklies for a month to see how I did, then started with the carefully calculated Activities for a month to see how I did), and that not everyone CAN do it, but especially if you are *hungry* it's a great idea to TRY, and see if they are a person that can do it. Hopefully I emphasized to her the importance of trying it for a really solid period of time...for me it was a month...and not to give up after one week. After all, one week could just mean the extra weight of the food you've eaten, and might not be based on the *calories* and what your body did with them, at all!

I don't always manage to get out all of that, so I was so happy I kept my wits about me and said it all. :)

I am not waiting until the 1st, today is my day. I am sick of looking the way I do and feeling the way I do too. I lost about 20 pounds in 2008 all by myself, then in 2012 I did WW and lost about 10-15. It has all come back and then some. :(. I am going to work really hard at doing this myself, and if it does not work I will go back to meetings. I know exactly what I need to do, I just need to do it! I would like to loose 30 pounds total.

Thanks for the breakfast suggestions several replies earlier, they are going to be a big help!

I am not waiting until the 1st, today is my day. I am sick of looking the way I do and feeling the way I do too. I lost about 20 pounds in 2008 all by myself, then in 2012 I did WW and lost about 10-15. It has all come back and then some. :(. I am going to work really hard at doing this myself, and if it does not work I will go back to meetings. I know exactly what I need to do, I just need to do it! I would like to loose 30 pounds total.

Good for you!

And GREAT for you that you caught your weight situation so *relatively* early in the game! I sure wish I had said "enough now" at 30 lbs! Yay you!!!!!

And another month's weigh-in done, still staying inside of my goal range! This is really amazing. I've never stayed steady before. I've never had a *range* I allowed myself to be in before. It's always been THIS weight or I hated myself. So this is all so new.

I assume this is a corporate meeting thing...anyone else have the new keychain talked about in their meeting this week? If we go to 4 out of 5 meetings this first month of the year, we get a cool little keychain. I'm also assuming this is all meetings and not just ours, but even if you're already a member you're eligible. So cool!

I went to a standing-room only meeting today. Combo of one of the most dynamic leaders at our location and the new year...it was crowded! I hope it stays crowded because ALL of those new people stick with it. Yay them! :banana::dance3:

Can I join in the chat? Heading back to ww on Monday after almost 3 weeks off. Dreading weigh-in as despite my best intentions beforehand I blew it and didn't track/point for the last 2 weeks :( Hoping to make a fresh start today and do some damage limitation ;)

I need to join this chat. I joined WW 4/29/13, and did great thru Thanksgiving, and have fallen off the wagon since. I did not attend this week because I hand surgery on my hand, but really need to back on top of things. I have currently lost 53 lbs, with many more to go. When I joined I knew that this was going to be a many year journey for me, so I am determined to keep with it.

So, I set smaller, more achievable goals along the way. Thus far, I received my 5%, my 10%, and the other WW celebrations, but my fun for myself goal was to weigh less then my DH, which I now do by 15-20 lbs. that was great for my self esteem! My current goal I am working on I actually set when I joined. I wanted to be back at my wedding weight by 5/1/14, when we return to the World. That was a 70 lb weight loss, so I am we'll on my way, but need to get unstuck. Less the 20 lbs to go with 117 days to go. I should be able to do this.

To help me get my rear in gear, I am excited to try the Simple Start program to refocus myself. I also need to get back to my walking which I do 2-3 days a week for 40 minutes. I really want to increase how often I walk as well, after all I am in training for two weeks at Disney, I need the conditioning.

I look forward to learning mor about everyone's journey and having another support system. I don't think I could have succeeded as well as I have thus far if I didn't have such a great meeting leader and group that I attend. It helps me more then I can say to hear of people's successes and trials. Helps me remember that I am not alone!

I'm heading back to work Monday and looking for some ideas for quick breakfast - on the go type breakfast. Cereal counts. What types of cereal are really good but low in points?? I love cereal but it seems to take up so many points, but realistically its what works best for me.
TIA!!!;)

I'm heading back to work Monday and looking for some ideas for quick breakfast - on the go type breakfast. Cereal counts. What types of cereal are really good but low in points?? I love cereal but it seems to take up so many points, but realistically its what works best for me.
TIA!!!;)

If you are a fan of oatmeal, it can be a good one to grab and do at work. I have taken the instant pak and used the hot tap on the water at work to make, added some dried fruit and had a good breakfast that sticks with me for hours.

I'm heading back to work Monday and looking for some ideas for quick breakfast - on the go type breakfast. Cereal counts. What types of cereal are really good but low in points?? I love cereal but it seems to take up so many points, but realistically its what works best for me. TIA!!!;)

I realize it's Tuesday now :) but in case you still need ideas, Cheerios is a good cereal (either the plain original or the multigrain). It's 3 ppv for a whole cup. I also do Life cereal (original) which is 3 ppv for 3/4 cup.

The new Simple Start is based on Simply Filling, where you can eat as much as you want of the power foods and use you weekly 49 for indulgences (7 per day) like chocolate, wine, etc. In this method, plain Cheerios and unfrosted shredded wheat are allowed.

Hope that helps!

Well weigh-in wasn't as bad as I thought-I'd put on 2lbs which means I've still lost 7.5lbs so very happy. Just started the new simple start programme and enjoying it so far (day 1 :rotfl2:). Had puffed wheat for breakfast which tasted weird at first but wa quick and filled me up so did the job :) Good luck everyone - hope we are all "losers" this week :goodvibes

Hi, I would love to join in on this thread. I'm 37 married to DH for 16 years with two girls (6 and 2). I just joined WW online last Thursday so I haven't hit my one week yet. However, I am looking for any support. I'm just not really sure "what" to do yet. I've been tracking so that's an eye opener on its own. :eek:
My daughter gets to dance at Disney in March so I would LOVE to lose a few by then.

Overwhelmed with all the diet plans out there for the year.
Has anyone started the new WW plan?
If so can you share some basic info about it. Thanks!

So I'm back again. Hopefully for good this time. I do it all online because I can't make any meetings. I weighed myself last Thursday just to see WHAT I weighed, but waited until Monday to start tracking and holding myself accountable. I will say that it feels so much HARDER this time than it did last time. I feel hungry constantly and all I want to do it snack on something. I'm having crazy carb cravings too. I have not cut them out, but have been trying to eliminate a lot of the sweets that I was eating. So this morning I weighed myself to start my first "official" week, and the scale said I was down 2.8 lbs. I know it is mostly water weight etc, but it was enough to help me be a little more motivated to stay on track. I really need to sustain it this time. I printed out motivational sayings to put on the frig and there is a group of 4 of us at work that are supporting each other. Here's to hoping that this sticks! ::yes::

Overwhelmed with all the diet plans out there for the year.
Has anyone started the new WW plan?
If so can you share some basic info about it. Thanks!

Hi I've started the new ww plan. Its basically eating healthy and filling foods that you use to cook from scratch. No processed or ready meals/sauces but you can eat as much as you want as long as you make sure you're satisfied not stuffed lol. Only brown/wholegrain pastas, cereals and rice are allowed and you can eat calorie controlled wholegrain breads or ww bread products such as wraps etc. You also get 2 treats a day but you must use or lose them that day. These can be a small glass of wine, 2 squares of chocolate or teaspoon butter type thing. Hope this helps :)

. You also get 2 treats a day but you must use or lose them that day. These can be a small glass of wine, 2 squares of chocolate or teaspoon butter type thing. Hope this helps :)

For any WW veterans wanting to try simple start that's not how it is described to us. The 7 points a day is simply the 49 weekly points. Do with them what you wish. And when you wish inside that week. Also, those of us who have been doing ww can also use activity points. The leader said that its just overwhelming to figure APs at the beginning so they don't mention it but if this is something you just want to try, you can still use them.

Hi, I would love to join in on this thread. I'm 37 married to DH for 16 years with two girls (6 and 2). I just joined WW online last Thursday so I haven't hit my one week yet. However, I am looking for any support. I'm just not really sure "what" to do yet. I've been tracking so that's an eye opener on its own. :eek:
My daughter gets to dance at Disney in March so I would LOVE to lose a few by then.

Read the materials! They are all on the site to online-only members. Read read read. Find the Good Health Guidelines!

Thanks for help, luvpooh.
In case anyone doesn't know Dannon fit and light Greek yogurt is really good.
Tried the orange cream. Loved it. The toasted coconut vanilla also good.
Bought banana cream, not crazy about it.

For any WW veterans wanting to try simple start that's not how it is described to us. The 7 points a day is simply the 49 weekly points. Do with them what you wish. And when you wish inside that week. Also, those of us who have been doing ww can also use activity points. The leader said that its just overwhelming to figure APs at the beginning so they don't mention it but if this is something you just want to try, you can still use them.

Sorry I should have clarified that this was how week 1 on the new plan was explained to us but we were told that from week 2 we would have the 49 points per week to do with as we wished :) Didn't mean to confuse anyone :goodvibes

I officially joined WW 2 days ago and it is really working for me. I feel more satisfied based on a point system, as opposed to counting calories and feeling so defeated when I went over my 1300 goal.

I obviously won't know for a while how it will work in the long run, but I feel like this is a manageable lifestyle change.

Ana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter