Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Not having a good week. Easter was a killer. I had Ihop for breakfast which was a huge amount of points and then dinner! I'm in the hole by 30 for this week. I'm also PMSing and bloated.

:hug

Finally got in to see my chiro, and I'm feeling umpteen times better. After falling on Tuesday, the aches and pains just kept showing up until I was in absolute agony Wed night and last night. So glad he was in his office today and had time. I can actually lift my legs without crying now.

I think I did most of the "damage" when I sat back up, while still basically unconscious (I don't remember sitting back up after falling backwards). Owie.

I'm taking it easy, didn't work out at all today (and was, astonishingly, nowhere near as hungry as I normally am on a Friday). DH came home on the early side and took DS to his Aikido class, and I spent the time making steel cut oats, which I had with a chopped apple and a little more cinnamon than I intended, LOL. Pretty good, though I think I would have preferred it with a bit of milk mixed in, to make it a little more liquidy.

Lost some control with the Nestle Crunch Nest Eggs the other night..."Robert, come here, I can't stop eating these...." "Molly, stop eating them." Helpful man. But I tracked them, and I find it really strange to know EXACTLY how many reese's mini eggs and crunch mini eggs I ate this week. Not sure why it feels strange, but it does. :3dglasses

Today is WI but not going. (See CB for reason.) Anyway should I self record my weight or just leave it blank and WI next week?

Molly, glad you're feeling better. I love my chiro too. I fell upstairs (yeah. I know.) a few weeks ago and caught myself on my hands. Fine at the time but by week's end my shoulder and neck were a mess. Viola, a good crunch and, all better! Sounds like that was quite a fall you took, I'm glad you're on the mend. Too funny about the eggs. Sounds like something my dh would do.

Jules, on the weight tracker it asks where the WI took place--"at meeting" or "elsewhere". I'd say you should put it in but mark it "elsewhere" because scales vary so much.

Molly glad you're feeling better. That's funny about the eggs!

Jules I would still weigh in - when I went to the meetings I would tend to lose accountability if I knew I was going to miss the wi.

My wi this week was better than I expected without the aquafit -3. Woohoo let's hope I can keep it up.

I'm not going because I'm afraid of the weigh in. I'll just record it as someplace else and officially weigh in again next week.

ETA: I meant to say I'm not going not because I'm afraid of the weight in. I worded the above wrong.

Jules, there's always people in our meeting who, when asked if they have anything to celebrate say, "I'm up but I'm here." Not everyone loses every week (I was up two WIs ago myself). Don't avoid the meeting because of the scale. Once you skip one meeting, it becomes easier to skip the next and the next and . . .

I didn't go to the meeting because we put our cat to sleep unexpectedly this morning. Not facing the scale had nothing to do with it.

Yesterday she had difficulty breathing so we took her to the vet. Less than 24 hours later she's gone. So yeah the scale was not on my mind at all. I was putting my cat to sleep.

I didn't go to the meeting because we put our cat to sleep unexpectedly this morning. Not facing the scale had nothing to do with it.

Yesterday she had difficulty breathing so we took her to the vet. Less than 24 hours later she's gone. So yeah the scale was not on my mind at all. I was putting my cat to sleep.

Sorry to hear about your cat :(

Oh I'm so sorry. My answer must have seemed heartless, and I wanted to be encouraging.

I can totally understand why you didn't want to go to the meeting. We will be putting our dog to sleep on Tuesday -- our meeting is Tuesday night and I'm not sure about leaving dh alone. Lady, our almost 16yo beagle, is blind, deaf, senile, and today I had to scrub four rooms of carpet plus the kitchen floor because she messed. She is dh's baby and he has held on to her for as long as he could, but he acknowledged today that it is time. So I do know how you are feeling. Our dd who lives next door, put their dog down last week and dh really loved that dog too, so it has been a rough week for him.

Pets have a special place in our hearts, don't they?

Oh I'm so sorry. My answer must have seemed heartless, and I wanted to be encouraging.

I can totally understand why you didn't want to go to the meeting. We will be putting our dog to sleep on Tuesday -- our meeting is Tuesday night and I'm not sure about leaving dh alone. Lady, our almost 16yo beagle, is blind, deaf, senile, and today I had to scrub four rooms of carpet plus the kitchen floor because she messed. She is dh's baby and he has held on to her for as long as he could, but he acknowledged today that it is time. So I do know how you are feeling. Our dd who lives next door, put their dog down last week and dh really loved that dog too, so it has been a rough week for him.

No your answer didn't seem heartless. I went back and read my post before that and it did sound like I was not going because of the scale. I just wanted to clarify.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday.

Oh I did gain .8 :/

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty!

ETA; Debbie's dog too!

I'm so sorry to hear about your pets. They really are part of our families.

I'm back! I joined WW in January- lost a little over 7 pounds and then life happened. I have the monthly pass so I kept weighing and logging my (gaining) weight online but didn't go to meetings. Last week I went back to the meeting but didn't weigh in- just logged it from home. I really needed the motivation. This week I went and weighed in. Now I'm ready to start over!

We are going to Disney the third week in July and I'd really like to be in better shape. I know I can't get anywhere near where I'd like to be by then but I would like to be down as much as possible.

I bought the success kit or whatever it's called and I"m going to start using the Success Handbook today. I really need motivation!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Jules and Debbie, so sorry to hear about your pets. It's so hard to lose an animal who has been a family member for so long.

:rolleyes: Lost a post. Let's try again...

Jules, I hope you're not feeling badly about the 0.8. Not sure if you weighed at home or at meeting, but if you used a different scale it could easily be that. My home scale is always more--unless I somehow lose a pound or so on the 15 minute drive in to the meeting! If so, I am doing that drive a LOT!

lovethattink, WTG! :cool1: Nice net loss.

Welcome (back), Goofygirl! You are going a month or so before I am...I too am hoping to look better in vacation pics! Tired of hiding from the camera. There's no way I'll be at goal, but I can easily come down a size (or two??) in the time I have. You too! Here's to a summer vacation where we can keep up with the family AND be in front of the camera instead of behind it.

I hurt my knee when I was walking the dog on Friday. Not even sure why or how, just noticed about 30 minutes in I could hardly bend my knee. Was really sore by bedtime and not great yesterday. Trying to keep ibuprophen going, but didn't do anything yesterday, and I'd been 10 days straight with at least 3 APs a day. Really bummed. Will try to get 20 or 30 minutes walking today, but I have a bad feeling this is not going to resolve quickly. It sucks getting older...I am in my "late 40's" :ssst: and things are starting to fall apart I fear.

wvjules- so sorry about your cat :( That's really hard to lose a pet.

I survived the weekend and even fit in some walks in the park.

Do any of you weigh yourself in between "official" weigh-ins? I have a really bad habit of weighing myself every day when I'm trying to lose weight. If I see the scale go down it's really motivating (and reminds me I'm doing stuff right), but when I see it stay the same or go up it has the opposite effect.

Do any of you weigh yourself in between "official" weigh-ins? I have a really bad habit of weighing myself every day when I'm trying to lose weight. If I see the scale go down it's really motivating (and reminds me I'm doing stuff right), but when I see it stay the same or go up it has the opposite effect.

Jules and Debbie, I am so sorry about your pets. I went through that a few years ago and it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

Molitva, I weigh myself every day or every few days. I just like to know where I am during the week, but I usually don't let it affect me. This is not for everyone. If it is having that much of an effect on you, I would say don't do it.

I sometimes do. I try not to do it often but if I think I've either been really good or really bad I like to see where I am. It sometimes turns out to be a bad thing though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter