Weight Room Facilities?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SandiKB, Apr 1, 2013.

1. SandiKB

SandiKB Mouseketeer

I have looked on the Disney site, and the only weight rooms I see are at some of the deluxe resorts, we are staying at POP so that's out. Does anyone know if there are any other facilities near or on property? My son is a FB player and before we head home he's going to a camp at UF, he doesnt want to have a week off of lifting while we're at Disney, especially since it's leading up to the camp. Even if there is something off site that's nearby that he could utilize as a guest? Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. sweetcreams

sweetcreams Mouseketeer

I know you can pay to use the fitness center at GF if you're not staying there. I don't remember how much it is.

4. sweetcreams

sweetcreams Mouseketeer

I just looked it up and it's $12 per day. Minimum age is 14 and guests 14-17 must be accompanied by an adult.

5. SandiKB

SandiKB Mouseketeer

Thanks!! His friend that is travelling with us is 18, so he'll have an adult :) Would you mind linking me? I can't find information with the price

6. wdwrich

wdwrich DIS Veteran

Coronado Springs has a health club with weight training equipment. It's the only WDW moderate resort with such a facility.

7. Annie78

Annie78 Mouseketeer

I've seen reports that the Dolphin sells day passes to their (very nice) gym. Not sure about the price, but you could call and ask.

8. plutolovr

plutolovr DIS Veteran

If he's looking to lift free weights and barbells he probably won't find them in any of the Disney onsite facilities. If he does CrossFit there is a facility very close to Disney property.

9. Mickey Fliers

Mickey Fliers (Not so)Tagless<br><font color=blue>"Sometimes you

The gym at Saratoga Springs has free weights and barbells. It is a very nice facility.

10. mrbghd

mrbghd DIS Veteran

All of the onsite facilities are more "health club" style. They are fine for a basic workout. I used the gym at the Wilderness Lodge and there were not enough 45lb weight plates to do what I needed. There are a couple of Anytime Fitness locations near property. Last time i bought a 1 week membership. I had a car and was there in 10 minutes or so.

11. SandiKB

SandiKB Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info, we'll have a car so he can go offsite, I'll look into Anytime Fitness, his bench is 325, so I'm guessing he'll have to go offsite?