Weight Question

Got2bshawty

Earning My Ears
This is my first time going to disney land and first time to ever leave Hawaii. I am 5'5 and 321 pounds and I'm terrified of it. I'm embarrased that I might try to get on a ride and won't fit so I'll have to get off and walk my way out and wait while people look at me. Yes, I know if I'm this scared I should do something about it and I am I am on a diet and lot's of excersise. I leave to disney land on June 15th and return the 21st but should I pass up the ride's? Will I fit into them? I'm probably sounding weird with this but I'm just nervous about it and don't even want to go but my father is making me. Please get back to me as soon as possible please. Thank you for taking the time to read this..

Alysha

Alysha- I don't have time to find the thread, but there was a thread awhile back about this issue. The attractions at WDW feature spacious seats and I doubt you'd get stuck or have trouble getting in/out of the ride vehicles. If I were you I'd plan to go and enjoy everything the parks and attractions have to offer and not worry about what someone may say or "think"- we can't control the actions of others anyway and you'll never see these folks again. Meanwhile you have paid for a vacation to come all the way to WDW from Hawaii and deserve to have a wonderful time. ----Kathy

My FIL is a very large man. He didn't ride many attractions, but he did go on Splash Mt, Tower of Terror, Small world, Buzz Lightyear, and the TTA. The only place where he felt uncomfortable sitting was Muppet Vision 4D. He also had problems on the plane, and swears he isn't flying again until he loses weight.

Alysha,

First off, relax!! You are going to love Disney!! I too am a big beautiful woman with similar dimentions. (I'm more on the taller side at 5'9") I have went to WDW four times and going next month for my first solo trip.

I always get anxious about riding the rides, but I have rode TOT, RRC, SplashM, SpaceM, POTCB, Start Tours, of I could keep going. Muppets 3D was uncomfortable, but because my enduance is limited, I will be using an EVC, which means Muppet won't effect me since I'll be sitting on the EVC during the show.

Honey, I really mean it, Disney CM's are so helpful and respectful, I tend to appologise for my size, BUT I've never felt that way at Disney. At Debs' Unofficial, well, here is the link.

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ridsiz.htm

Go here, and read. It will leave you much more secure and at ease. Have a great trip.

Gerri

I'm 6' 1", currently about 350, and find Disney rides much more comfortable than most.

Now I haven't done the biggest thrill rides (Rock n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest), but haven't had any trouble with the ones I've done.

About the hardest ride so far has been Astro Oribitors. They are a tight squeeze.

Mission Space was even quite comfortable for me.

Relax!

Hi ya

Please please relax about this trip, you're going to have a blast!!!

I was about your size last year (i'm heavier on the bottom - don't know if that helps!) when i went to Disneyworld in September and I had absolutely no trouble riding Splash Mountain or tower of terror or Soarin or Rock N Rollercoaster. I rode everything except Space Mountain which I didn't try. I did see a CM who was kinda built like me when I was going on the Figment ride at Epcot and I quietly asked her about Space Mountain and she said not to worry, she had ridden it heaps!

You said you are going to Disneyland, not sure if the rides there are different but if they have the ones I mentioned above you are going to have a blast! I even got my huge butt onto Cinderella's carousel and it was fabulous!!!

If it helps, my measurements last year were 50 bust, 48 waist and 62 hips. And nope, I am NOT proud of those, but it's been coming downlately with eating less and exercise (a magical combination!!!) Hang in there and enjoy yourself!

Also, try checking out www.allearnset.com they have a section on plus size people and the rides and they have photos of the ride seats etc.

If you have any more questions please send me a PM. Take care! :grouphug:

Eloise

Also, please know that DL (and WDW) is not the land of skinny people! I know many folks who aren't from SoCal, but have this perception from TV that everyone in LA/San Diego/SoCal in general are blonde, tan, skinny people. That is not the case! People of all shapes and sizes come to DL to have a good time. I hope that you do, too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter