Weight loss to Disney

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Magic Megadegs, Oct 20, 2012.

1. pampat

pampat Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

Sorry, thought I'd answered this yesterday. We had mushroom soufles to start on leaves, then smoked haddock with roast tomatoes and spinach (and then WW chips for those that wanted) followed by hedgerow jelly. It was all great, everyone enjoyed the food and a good time was had by all.

Pam

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

So in an effort to change my life I did a 20 minute intense cardio workout mailed to me by a friend. Lets just say my legs and arms are feeling it right now! Also instead of pushing DS in his buggy I wore him in his carrier for 45 minutes doing the shopping! According to my fitness pal app that burns over 100 calories right there! I did have crappy food for dinner (chips and a chicken salad wrap with cheese) BUT I made sure to save calories throughout the day to ensure I could afford to eat the bad food ;) I'm really liking this app!! Do you guys have a set day in the week when you weigh in or is it just whenever suits you? I weighed myself again today and no change (a few days is hardly going to make a difference I suppose) so I'm thinking maybe its best to avoid the scales all week until a certain day/time?

4. MrsTigger

MrsTigger <font color=green>DLRP board....guaranteed to make

I've always weigh in on a Friday morning first thing before having anything to eat or drink. That way if I have a treat at the weekend at some point by weigh in I would have made up for it.

5. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

Sounds yummy! I love mushrooms so may have to try that out :)

6. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

I weigh in on a Wednesday mostly because its what I'm used to. (My old WW class was a Weds morning). However it suits me well because personally if I weighed myself on a Friday and I'd lost a good amount of weight I wouldn't think so much about being naughty at the weekend. It's also far enough away from the weekend that if I did use my naughty points then I should have counteracted that by eating well mon and tues.

The main thing to do is to always weigh yourself at the same day and time each week, and if wearing clothes say at a meeting try and wear stuff similar eg. Not jeans that are heavier.

I personally weigh myself as soon as I wake up on a weds before ice eaten or drunk anything :)

7. OhanaSam

OhanaSam Mouseketeer

I keep weighing myself in the evening for some reason even though I know you should do it in the morning before eating or drinking :rotfl:

I'm thinking I might have to cut out my weekend treat days, considering I only have 3 months left and still a long way to go to being fit and toned!

8. tonijo

tonijo Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone,
    Forgot to post yesterday...2 pound lost last week:thumbsup2

9. paul_toria96

paul_toria96 DIS Veteran

Sorry I haven't been on but I've been sticking to my calories on MFP and lost nothing, well in fact I put 4lb on :'(

But I started the 5:2 diet last Monday and so far I've lost 5lb this week :) So I'm back on track

Well done everyone and keep it up x

10. MrsTigger

I think I may have to too, I keep thinking 3months is plenty of time but I think it's soon going to come round.

11. married2mm

married2mm DIS Veteran

I can relate-had a rubbish weekend,and dare not weigh myself as jeans told me how heavy I was,as they fitted during the week,and could hardly get them on today.:confused3

So,literally,the new plan,starts tomorrow.

Well done on your weight loss on 5:2 plan.:)

12. Raspberry Bubbles

Raspberry Bubbles I was Cinderella for the day!

Hello! Can I join in? I'vegot about 60 lbs to lose too, by the end of October. I gained so much weight being poorly in my second pregnancy and I need to get fitter!

13. saddler andy

saddler andy Mouseketeer

I'm up to 12lbs lost in 3 weeks. Delighted!

14. married2mm

married2mm DIS Veteran

Of course you can.
    Welcome and good luck.:cool1:

Hope you're feeling better.:goodvibes

15. married2mm

married2mm DIS Veteran

Fantastic-why have you been doing?:cool1:

16. Ciorsdah

Ciorsdah Mouseketeer

Hiya everyone!

I'm down 6lbs in 4 weeks due to my January Paleo 30 days. If anyone is interested in it, just googleWhole 30 Paleo

Still have around 6lbs to go and really working to get there - My main focus is on eating the right foods at the right time for my body.

I try to avoid "treats" simply because I become desperate for my "treat day" and it becomes a focus point, whereas if I eat whole foods and healthy fats then I tend to not crave anything sugary or fried.

Anyone doing workout DVDs? I have a couple at home that I was going to add into my daily routine just to mix thigns up a bit.

17. saddler andy

saddler andy Mouseketeer

I do insanity but its really tough going.

I also just eat soup and porridge( made with water ) at work.

18. deno

deno EPCOT Addict

DS4 had a tonsillectomy yesterday so it was REALLY hard not to 'comfort eat' and have junk food too but proud to say I did it. YAY!

Best thing is, no chance of him having tonsillitis in Florida! :cool1:

Total To Lose by August 7th: 51.6
    Lost This Week: 1.8
    lbs remaining: 34.4

26 weeks to go!

avg lbs to lose per week: 1.32

19. Wills Mom

Wills Mom DIS Veteran

I'm hoping to weigh in every Wednesday or Thursday as I do our grocery shopping on either day and there is a proper scales there that I can use and get my BMI etc too.

Starting weight: 140lbs
    Lost this week: 3lbs (delighted with myself!)
    Lbs to lose: 12lbs
    Weeks to go: 12!

20. MrsTigger

Well done 3lbs is great. I have 13wks until disney and I'd really like to loose at least a stone but its seems like hard work atm

21. Laurafoster

Laurafoster DIS Veteran

Well i lost 2lbs this week taking my total loss to 21lbs. Also means i got my WW 10% goal :)

My next aim is to get to 2stone lost, so another 7lbs. Im hoping to do this in the next 5 weeks as im off to Centre Parcs for the week for my birthday :)