Weekly Freebie Thread - June 8, 2009

Here is the list I saw some time ago....

Arby’s is offering free food with purchase on Wednesday’s through the summer at participating locations.

JUNE
3 - Free Iced FruiTea with any sandwich purchase
10 - Free Roast Chicken Club with any soft drink purchase
17 - Free Regular Sidekickers with any sandwich purchase
24 - Free Regular Roast Beef with any soft drink purchase

JULY
1 - Free Regular Beef ‘n Cheddar with any soft drink purchase
8 - Free Orange Cream Swirl Shake with any sandwich purchase
15 - Free Regular Roast Beef with any soft drink purchase
22 - Free Roastburger with any soft drink purchase
29 - Free Iced FruiTea with any sandwich purchase

AUGUST
5 - Free Regular Roast Beef with any soft drink purchase
12 - Free Roast Chicken Club with any soft drink purchase
19 - Free Iced FruiTea with any sandwich purchase
26 - Free Regular Beef ‘n Cheddar with any soft drink purchase

How do we find out if our Arby's is participating? Is there a list somewhere or do we just ask?

I saw this article at www NorthernCheapskate(dot)com/2009/06/dont-be-greedy-with-freebies.html and wanted to share:

Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Don't Be Greedy With Freebies

At a former job, I once had the task of handing out promotional Frisbees from the company car at a parade. As we made our way down the street, my co-worker and I would periodically toss a flying disc toward a parade-goer.

We were quickly mobbed. Parents and children alike swarmed the car. They started to reach inside the car and take handfuls of the free discs.

We had to yell at people to step back onto the sidewalk because we were afraid someone would get hurt.

All for a freakin' free Frisbee. Really.

I've also worked at a job where we gave away promotional freebies at the local county fair. People would think our free pencils were their opportunity to never buy pencils again.

And now I'm seeing greediness in the blogosphere: Folks signing up for different accounts under different e-mails so they can get free photo prints or candy or whatever. I've seen other folks who sign up their mother, mother-in-law, children, and every other relative under the sun so that they can get extra coupons for products or free samples.

I find it really sad. It's wrong to be greedy about freebies.

Consider the following:

When you abuse companies' generosity, they may decide to put a stop to free samples. And when you abuse their generosity, everyone ends up paying more at the stores.

Consider the purpose of the freebie. What is the company trying to sell you? If you aren't interested in buying, then don't let them market to you.

Don't request freebies that aren't meant for you. If you're not in the military, don't pretend you are to get a freebie intended for military families. If you're not a school teacher, don't request free children's workbooks that are supposed to be available to schools. These companies are trying to market their products to specific people, and when you fraudulently claim a freebie, you are undermining their efforts.

How much do you really need? Are you requesting freebies just to request them? Do you even want the product? Just because it's free, it doesn't mean you need to take it.

Limit yourself. Do you need 8 versions of the same free sample or coupon? Probably not. Share the wealth and let other folks have a chance at the free stuff. Companies that see they can reach a wide audience will be more likely to continue to reward customers with freebies.

Freebies have an environmental impact. It costs money to manufacture and distribute these free samples and coupons. If you're not going to use the product, then it is a waste of those resources. And if you throw it away.... well that's even worse in terms of environmental impact. Only request what you will use or what you know you can give to others.

I love freebies. But it is important to be responsible in your freebie gathering. Only request what you will use.

And remember to be grateful. I'm amazed at the number of people who complained about the free grilled chicken at KFC last month. KFC didn't have to give away any chicken... and when there were some problems with the distributions of their coupons, they apologized and even added a free Pepsi into the meal and that STILL wasn't good enough for some folks.

Be thankful for what companies are willing to send. Yes, they're trying to sell you something. But they're also helping you to stretch your hard-earned money. It seems like a good deal to me!

Posted by Christina at 7:30 AM

How do we find out if our Arby's is participating? Is there a list somewhere or do we just ask?

Call them and ask!
I called ahead, but when we got there, there was a calendar posted in the doorway of all the deals all summer long, and it was on the lighted sign outside, too.

I looked on the site, where is the free one? Thanks

under this image
normad.jpg

it says "Or Start Free Trial"

click on that and it will download I believe

I saw this article at www NorthernCheapskate(dot)com/2009/06/dont-be-greedy-with-freebies.html and wanted to share:

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

At a former job, I once had the task of handing out promotional Frisbees from the company car at a parade. As we made our way down the street, my co-worker and I would periodically toss a flying disc toward a parade-goer.

We were quickly mobbed. Parents and children alike swarmed the car. They started to reach inside the car and take handfuls of the free discs.

We had to yell at people to step back onto the sidewalk because we were afraid someone would get hurt.

I've also worked at a job where we gave away promotional freebies at the local county fair. People would think our free pencils were their opportunity to never buy pencils again.

And now I'm seeing greediness in the blogosphere: Folks signing up for different accounts under different e-mails so they can get free photo prints or candy or whatever. I've seen other folks who sign up their mother, mother-in-law, children, and every other relative under the sun so that they can get extra coupons for products or free samples.

Consider the following:

When you abuse companies' generosity, they may decide to put a stop to free samples. And when you abuse their generosity, everyone ends up paying more at the stores.

Consider the purpose of the freebie. What is the company trying to sell you? If you aren't interested in buying, then don't let them market to you.

Don't request freebies that aren't meant for you. If you're not in the military, don't pretend you are to get a freebie intended for military families. If you're not a school teacher, don't request free children's workbooks that are supposed to be available to schools. These companies are trying to market their products to specific people, and when you fraudulently claim a freebie, you are undermining their efforts.

How much do you really need? Are you requesting freebies just to request them? Do you even want the product? Just because it's free, it doesn't mean you need to take it.

Limit yourself. Do you need 8 versions of the same free sample or coupon? Probably not. Share the wealth and let other folks have a chance at the free stuff. Companies that see they can reach a wide audience will be more likely to continue to reward customers with freebies.

Freebies have an environmental impact. It costs money to manufacture and distribute these free samples and coupons. If you're not going to use the product, then it is a waste of those resources. And if you throw it away.... well that's even worse in terms of environmental impact. Only request what you will use or what you know you can give to others.

I love freebies. But it is important to be responsible in your freebie gathering. Only request what you will use.

And remember to be grateful. I'm amazed at the number of people who complained about the free grilled chicken at KFC last month. KFC didn't have to give away any chicken... and when there were some problems with the distributions of their coupons, they apologized and even added a free Pepsi into the meal and that STILL wasn't good enough for some folks.

Be thankful for what companies are willing to send. Yes, they're trying to sell you something. But they're also helping you to stretch your hard-earned money. It seems like a good deal to me!

I think this is a good thing for everyone to think about. Greediness leads to less available.

Mad you are a mind reader!!!:worship:

:rotfl2: Most of are so happy we found the Dis to make plans for our upcoming trips!

We go and say hello on the Welcome thread and then happily announce our trip date.

As Noobs, we go out blindly into the Dis world and get flamed for posting about refillable mugs, pool hopping, strollers, not getting a seat on the bus, ADRs and THEN find this thread after we have been through the initiation process.:lmao::rotfl2: It is rare that anyone just randomly pops into this place first

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Consider the following:

Wow, kind of rude to come and post this as a first post. You absolutely don't know how ANY of us here request freebies or why. I don't have multiple emails that I use for freebies, I have one, I only ask for what I will use and never ask for freebies that don't qualify for me (such as military or teachers), even tho I've been bummed a time or two I still won't take a freebie that is not meant for me. I know there are a few posters here who take these freebies/samples and donate them, to women's shelters, to foster kids, to orphanages, to soldiers overseas. You should keep that in mind before you post someplace else.

Don't forget it is Free Chocolate Friday.....

I missed this one last week but not today!! Woo Hoo for FREE chocolate! lol

You can get a jumbo size hot dog and large drink at Sam's Club for $1.50. Gotta love the fact that you can feed 2 people for lunch and spend a total of $3.00!

What a great freebie at Arby's yesterday
(and every wednesday through the end of august)

yesterday was a free roast chicken club sandwich if you buy a soft drink
so for a buck fifty, you get a four dollar sandwich and drink!

some weeks it is just the drink for free, but there are a lot of weeks you get a sandwich or a side kicker or milkshake!
great deal!

I love the freebies!
Anyone got razor freebies lately? I am finally running short on my supply;)

You can get a jumbo size hot dog and large drink at Sam's Club for $1.50. Gotta love the fact that you can feed 2 people for lunch and spend a total of $3.00!

And if you are getting pizza and a hot dog but only want one combo, make the hot dog the combo. That lady working there pointed out to me that the hot dog combo works out to be cheaper than adding the drink to the pizza.

The hot dogs are also Nathan's.

Isn't Target doing something similar this week? For $1.50 you get a hot dog and ANY size fountain drink?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter