Week-long Bike Rental?

katiekomo

Mouseketeer
I feel like I've asked this before, but I don't remember the answer...

Is there a place in Orlando that will rent bikes for the week (and drop off at the Fort)?

I thought about buying a cheap one a Walmart and donating it at the end of the week... but we're flying in and I'd rather not get a taxi if I don't have to...

TIA! :)

KK

Katie,

I have not heard of a place that rents bikes like that. The Fort only does daily rentals (I don't think you can keep them overnight). So the "cheap bike from Walmart" is the only other option I've heard recommended on these boards.

Sorry I don't have a better answer. Maybe someone has different or more current information. :confused3

Bama ED

It sounds like Disney does not do it so you may be out of luck. But thinking outside of the box you may have a few options.

You could check out walmart.com or Amazon.com and see what it would cost to have new bikes shipped to FW, that may or may not be an option, it might be worth a shot though.

You could also contact a guy like Kenny at Tee Time Golf Cart Rental, he may be able to offer some ideas. He rents and delivers golf carts to FW. As others have said, and I can tell you from first hand experience, Kenny is a stand up guy and very easy to work with. You never know, he may be willing to pick something up and drop it off for you for a small fee, never hurts to ask, especially if he is already making a trip there to deliver a golf cart.

Maybe even post your camping dates and somone who is going to be there may work with you, if you plan on being there end of Nov I will help you. Good luck and hopefully you find something.

We have used a place called Richie's Bike Shop twice in the past few years. They will deliver to FW/and pick up the bikes at no extra charge. They gave us 3 very nice bikes for $90. for the week! (Compare that with the Bike Barn). Their number is (407) 529-5237.

We have used a place called Richie's Bike Shop twice in the past few years. They will deliver to FW/and pick up the bikes at no extra charge. They gave us 3 very nice bikes for $90. for the week! (Compare that with the Bike Barn). Their number is (407) 529-5237.

Great information! Thanks for posting. We are planning on bringing our 4 bikes, but I don't think our other travelers even have bikes. I will have to give them a call.

Yes, thanks for the info!

I called and he told me to call about a week before I leave to make the reservation. That makes this super-planner a little nervous... but I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

So I'm planning on riding my bike to and from the boat dock and bus station to go to the parks. Is that do-able? Are there places to park a bike there?

Besides looping, are there any neat trails I should consider? I think I remember hearing something about a trail to the Wilderness Lodge?

Yes, thanks for the info!

ISo I'm planning on riding my bike to and from the boat dock and bus station to go to the parks. Is that do-able? Are there places to park a bike there?

Besides looping, are there any neat trails I should consider? I think I remember hearing something about a trail to the Wilderness Lodge?

Most definitely you can park at both the boat dock and the bus stop, there are bike racks there! One thing you may want to consider picking up is lights for the front and back of the bikes for evenings when you get back from the parks after dark. I also zip-tie a big old milk crate to the back of my bike when we camp, so I can carry stuff around (towels to the pool, our backpack for the parks, etc.) You may want to ask if the rentals have a cargo rack in the back and bring along bungees or a milk crate and some zip ties if you want to be able to carry stuff around.

And yes, there is a nice biking/running/walking trail over to Wilderness Lodge. It is called the Exercise Trail (I think) and you can pick it up right across from the TCD barn.

Well that is great news and the first time I've heard of this.

Of course it's natural for other providers to fill a niche when Disney uses predator pricing. Let's see, as others pointed out, there are 3rd party providers for groceries, strollers, golf carts, and now bikes.

Katie, you might want to ask if they provide a lock/chain for the bikes and if not bring them from home. Bikes left at the marina or bus depots unlocked tend to wander off on their own, if you know what I mean.;)

Bama ED

Katie, you might want to ask if they provide a lock/chain for the bikes and if not bring them from home. Bikes left at the marina or bus depots unlocked tend to wander off on their own, if you know what I mean.;)

Good call, thanks Ed!

Since I fly in, I've had to miss out on touring the Fort this way (I know I could Bike Barn, but I want to be able to zip in and out all week)... so I'm super exited there's another option! :)

It's a little earlier than a week, but I called Richie's number today to see if I could go ahead and rent the bike. The man who answered said that Richie is out of the country and that all the bikes are rented for the week that I'm going. I'm bummed since I would have put down a deposit last month if he hadn't told me to call back a week before my trip! Boo! Buying a bike and donating isnt an option this time.

Anyone know of anyone else like Richie who might rent a bike for a week at the Fort?

Check out orlandobikerentals.com also when I was researching stroller rentals I found a couple that rented bikes, Sorry but for the life of me I can't remember the names of the places and I'm not where I can get to my notes/planning book. It may be something you can look into. I remember they had fans, microwaves, small refrigerators, adult & child sized bikes. I was suprised at all the things they had that would be useful. Hope you find one!

Thanks for the tips!

I found www.km-rentals.com. They have a bike rental for $70 a week. Sweet!

After I go and get back from my trip I'll let y'all know how it works. For adults, it appears that renting a bike might be a nice economical option (vs. the golf carts).

I'm glad you found a replacement. Please do let us know how it went when you get back.

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter