• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week between Xmas and New Years - HELP!

AdventurerKat

<font color=FF99FF>Cries in her Jello shots<br><fo
I am trying to book a room for that week and everything says that they are all full up already! Do you think that is right or is it so early they haven't released all the rooms yet. I know its busy then but I am not finding ANYTHING!

Also, does anyone know if there were any discount codes that came out towards the end of last year because it might have been a bit slower than usual? I keep thinking I saw some on Mousesavers but I could just be dreaming (and hoping!)

Thanks for any help!

Kat

That is typically one of the busiest weeks of the year (and there are usually no discounts), but I'd really be suprised if there was no availability already.

Actually, I was looking on Expedia but when I went to Disney, they did have rooms. Now I just have to struggle with paying $200.00 a night for a moderate! YIKES!!!

I too would be really surprised if that time is already completely booked up. We stayed last Christmas 12/19 - 1/01 and I made my original reservations just about this time last year. When the AP rates came out, which wasn't until the very end of July, I switched resorts and had no trouble with availability, even using an AP rate. We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge with a rate of $134 per nite, courtyard view.

As far as rates and discounts, it really depends on exactly when you're going. I'm pretty sure the season dates are the same this year. Last year value season ended on the 19th. If there's any way you can start your trip by that date, it will save you tons. We found that we could stay for 13 nights for virtually the same cost as staying for just 8 days simply by adjusting our starting date by a few days! The AP rate that was out last year was valid for trips booked by 12/19 as well, so we ended up with an AP rate for our entire trip.

As I recall, there were no codes or other discounts available after that time period. If this year is like last year, the 19th of December seems to be the magical date!

You could get an AP discount the last 2 years if you checked in by 12/25. We had ressies both years with the discount, but this year had to cancel and went 12/28. We were able to get a discount starting 1/1, but had to pay rack rates prior to that. Even though the discount ended 12/25, if you checked in on or prior to that date, the rate carried through to the end of your stay.

Last year there was a discount code valid for check-ins up to 12/24. The code didn't come out ubtil the fall, I believe, but there was plenty of availability. Of course, if you check in at a discounted rate you get that rate for your entire stay, even though the rate changes during your stay. We were there 12/21-12/27 but got the same rate for all 5 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter