Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

Example of the madness I am going through trying to plan our schedule: I've been trying to guess when the SW fireworks will start when we are there. From looking at Septembers schedule for them, it appears they are 15 minutes before park close. The park closes at 7 the week we are there so I am guessing the fireworks would be at 6:45. Weather says that last light in Orlando is at 5:54PM during the week we are there so they wouldn't have to extend park hours past 7 to ensure that it is dark out. If I am right, staking out a spot and/or attending the dessert party would interfere with my Minnie's Dine reservation. Regardless, looks like I need to plan to spend 2 evenings at DHS if I want to do Minnie's Dine and the fireworks!

I'm having the same issue :( I don't know why I scheduled my H&V for when I did, I think I'm going to have to change it. Your analysis is very helpful, thank you!

So of course there is EMM the day we are going to HS and the two days we are going to MK with ppo bog.....triple blah.

So of course there is EMM the day we are going to HS and the two days we are going to MK with ppo bog.....triple blah.

Yeah BLah is right!!

I *know* we will have an awesome time regardless but all these wrenches in my plans are starting to stress me out!

I went ahead and got Teppan Edo and a coral reef lunch on our Epcot days so I have a back up plan while I figure it all out.

But but but...argh.

I also have to say, I'm in two different threads since our trip is 11-12 days long now (Holy Moley, how did that happen?!?!) so we are straddling both the week after Thanksgiving and the early part of the following week. Anyway, I'm starting to worry I'll get mixed up and start talking about something in this thread and continue the thought in the other! lol :scared:

I also have to say, I'm in two different threads since our trip is 11-12 days long now (Holy Moley, how did that happen?!?!) so we are straddling both the week after Thanksgiving and the early part of the following week. Anyway, I'm starting to worry I'll get mixed up and start talking about something in this thread and continue the thought in the other! lol :scared:

I've "watched" that thread since its beginning but can't keep up its so active haha! Looks like a fun bunch :)

Okay, I worked hard all afternoon and I think I have reworked our trip so I wanted to post my new plan!

Saturday 11/26 - arrive at MCO around 11 pm, hopefully be at Pop by 12:30 AM and asleep by around 1:30 :coffee:

Sunday 11/27 - SLEEP IN, then go to Epcot around noon and activate our tickets early. We'll focus on some Agent P missions through the afternoon (we didn't get to try these last time) since we won't have a chance to make FP+ ahead of time. Perhaps grab a ride on something if we want to. Otherwise, we'll be back to Pop in good time to hit the hay and be ready for our move to AoA the next day.

Monday 11/28 - Up early to move over to AoA. Check out of Pop first to hopefully avoid problems with our dining plan and charging to the new room. If the room at AoA isn't ready yet, we'll leave our bags with bell services and get to DHS for the day.

Tuesday 11/29 - MK EMM if we can afford it, otherwise just plain rope drop > AK around 1:00 either way.

Wednesday 11/30 - Epcot rope drop for Joy and Sadness first, followed by Soarin' on standby. If possible, we'll have a fastpass at FEA at some point, likely in the evening.

Thursday 12/1 - Sleep in, hit Disney Springs and/or swim at AoA and/or do some mini-golf, kind of just do whatever until 3:00 when we head to MK for MVMCP! :cheer2:

Friday 12/2 - Sleep in as needed for recovery from the night before, then head to Epcot for some relaxed touring.

Saturday 12/3 - AK EMH > Boma breakfast > either DHS or stick around AKL for activities and animal watching

Sunday 12/4 - MK rope drop, stay through the day, dinner at Whispering Canyon

Monday 12/5 - DHS rope drop (primarily for the teens to hit multiple rides on TOT and/or RnR) > Epcot for the day

Tuesday 12/6 - AK for the day - OR we can hit about any other park if anyone has anything they didn't get to do yet.

Wednesday 12/7 - Tragical Express picks us up around noon for our return to reality. :(

Took me forever to figure out it was in dining... and the search was useless. Anyway... so glad the HS ones are on Saturdays - that was the only one I was worried about since we are doing HS on Monday 11/28. There is a MK one on our first MK day (11/27), but I'm not that worried about that - we have a few days there.

I'm completely rethinking ALL my park plans at this point! :scratchin :teacher: :crazy:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:Me too!! Every time I think i have things figured out something else comes up!!

Now just wait they will throw ROL at us and we'll be shuffling plans again!

Looks like we have very similar plans... 11/28 DHS, 11/29 EMM(I think), 12/1 MVMCP, 12/3 AK.

I'm having the same issue :( I don't know why I scheduled my H&V for when I did, I think I'm going to have to change it. Your analysis is very helpful, thank you!

Everyone says that Disney adjusted the schedule on purpose to overlap F! and SW fireworks to get people to come to the park on 2 nights. There was also speculation that is was for safety reasons. Too many people running from one to the other.

All the reviews say that EMM does not interfere with the PPO breakfasts. The reports say around 250 people at the events.

Y'all! If ever you end up reading a very long old dis thread about bed bugs, back out of the thread quickly and whatever you do don't read it!! I somehow ended up reading the whole long thing last night before bed (why?!?!) and had a terrible night's sleep and am having second thoughts about ever traveling again. Even though it's a very old thread, I can't get it out of my mind.

Anyway, add me to the camp of people thinking about changing all of my plans and all of my dining. I don't feel at all ready to make fp decisions!

Y'all! If ever you end up reading a very long old dis thread about bed bugs, back out of the thread quickly and whatever you do don't read it!! I somehow ended up reading the whole long thing last night before bed (why?!?!) and had a terrible night's sleep and am having second thoughts about ever traveling again. Even though it's a very old thread, I can't get it out of my mind.

Anyway, add me to the camp of people thinking about changing all of my plans and all of my dining. I don't feel at all ready to make fp decisions!

Oh gosh that was a silly thing to read. Just pretend like Bed bugs don't exist there, like lice ;)

I feel like this trip should be easier to plan than the last since I'm "seasoned" now but it's just as stressful! I now have a few lunch reservations on Epcot/HS days to help squeeze in nighttime stuff. But I don't waaaaanna eat a big lunch dangit! And I certainly don't want to get stuck eating CS at HS. Unless pizza Rizzo is open and decent. But that's just ANOTHER thing to wait and see about.

I've read a thread or two about them. My takeaway? If you ever have to get bedbugs, Disney is the place to get them! lol

Seriously though, we leave the suitcases by the door and check every corner of the mattresses (bottom side) and just leave it at that. We stayed in three Disney hotels plus three hotels on our way down and back and had no problems at all.

Oh goodness, I do not want to think about bedbugs. I like the "pretend they don't exist" method. I also use this method for denying the existence of palmetto bugs.

Oh gosh that was a silly thing to read. Just pretend like Bed bugs don't exist there, like lice ;)

I feel like this trip should be easier to plan than the last since I'm "seasoned" now but it's just as stressful! I now have a few lunch reservations on Epcot/HS days to help squeeze in nighttime stuff. But I don't waaaaanna eat a big lunch dangit! And I certainly don't want to get stuck eating CS at HS. Unless pizza Rizzo is open and decent. But that's just ANOTHER thing to wait and see about.

I'm getting tired of the wait and see! I just want to have my plan in place, darn it!

There is no such thing as bed bugs and lice at Disney! Impossible..... I refuse to believe it. :eek:

Next y'all will be telling me there are fleas in the carpets! Pffftttt.... I keeping my head in the clouds.

Back to my happy endless planning.... :flower3:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter