Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

So since I've decided against the SW Dessert party, I guess we will have to scope out a spot early. Hopefully with enough snacks and the stroller to sit in the kids will not revolt against a wait. I know they will LOVE the show so I don't want to miss it. I'm hoping I can score a spot right in front of the projection towers so we can throw the kids up on shoulders without blocking people's views. Actually at 5'2" *I* need shoulders to sit on too haha!

We've also never seen Illuminations, but with 9:30 pm closings at Epcot that one will be harder to make it to with the little one...We have an AK day after one of our Epcot nights, so we can make that a later morning if we do get to stay for Illuminations. That might help!

We're leaning toward not doing the SW dessert party as well. I'm not happy that they've increased the capacity to 175 people! It sounds really crowded and unpleasant to me. The weather should be nice during our week so I'm thinking we can hit up Sweet Spells (butterfinger cupcake, carrot cake cookie, etc...) or Hollywood Scoops (ice cream sandwiches, sundaes, etc...) for a treat and then take it over to the fireworks spot to eat it there. With 6 of us, we should be able to take bathroom breaks in shifts and not lose our spot.
EDIT: Oh, and I just remembered that funnel cakes are back at Oasis Canteen!! No word yet on if the funnel cake w/ strawberry topping and ice cream is still a snack credit. That would be another great option though!

Or hit MK at rope drop, leave at lunch, hang out at the resort for the afternoon and return to MK for the party. At the resort in the afternoon people could swim, eat nap and recharge for a late night to come.
@Iowamomof4 This is what I plan to do! I have a BOG PPO, will stay at MK just for a bit and soak the atmosphere, go back to the resort, rest and have dinner before heading back to MK :)

So since I've decided against the SW Dessert party, I guess we will have to scope out a spot early. Hopefully with enough snacks and the stroller to sit in the kids will not revolt against a wait. I know they will LOVE the show so I don't want to miss it. I'm hoping I can score a spot right in front of the projection towers so we can throw the kids up on shoulders without blocking people's views. Actually at 5'2" *I* need shoulders to sit on too haha!

We've also never seen Illuminations, but with 9:30 pm closings at Epcot that one will be harder to make it to with the little one...We have an AK day after one of our Epcot nights, so we can make that a later morning if we do get to stay for Illuminations. That might help!
I have the same issue, being 5'2 and needing the shoulder to sit on! LOL! I'm still considering the SW dessert party but really hope they would bring down capacity. I thought they were changing it back to 140, instead of 175. 35 people does make a difference. How young are your little ones? I was considering this because I can't imagine my 2 year old sitting in his stroller for 1-2 hours without moving (unless he's napping).

We're leaning toward not doing the SW dessert party as well. I'm not happy that they've increased the capacity to 175 people! It sounds really crowded and unpleasant to me. The weather should be nice during our week so I'm thinking we can hit up Sweet Spells (butterfinger cupcake, carrot cake cookie, etc...) or Hollywood Scoops (ice cream sandwiches, sundaes, etc...) for a treat and then take it over to the fireworks spot to eat it there. With 6 of us, we should be able to take bathroom breaks in shifts and not lose our spot.
EDIT: Oh, and I just remembered that funnel cakes are back at Oasis Canteen!! No word yet on if the funnel cake w/ strawberry topping and ice cream is still a snack credit. That would be another great option though!

Is writers stop no longer? I can't keep track of closures at HS haha. We loved the carrot cake cookies there!

I have the same issue, being 5'2 and needing the shoulder to sit on! LOL! I'm still considering the SW dessert party but really hope they would bring down capacity. I thought they were changing it back to 140, instead of 175. 35 people does make a difference. How young are your little ones? I was considering this because I can't imagine my 2 year old sitting in his stroller for 1-2 hours without moving (unless he's napping).

Mine will be a months shy of 3 during our trip, but I think if he's tired enough by then a movie on the iPad and snack might keep him happy for an hour. If not, one of us can go wander with him and come back. The other parent and 7yo can hold down the fort!

I think we are going to try to make it for SW fireworks on our main HS day (Monday 11/28), but make a reservation for the dessert party for Friday 12/2. Then if we see them on Monday, I will cancel the party reservation. At least that is what I am thinking right now.

Also, we are doing MVMCP on Tuesday, but planning to head to Disney Springs for lunch and just relax a bit until heading to MK later. We have two other MK days planned (both party days).

I think we are going to try to make it for SW fireworks on our main HS day (Monday 11/28), but make a reservation for the dessert party for Friday 12/2. Then if we see them on Monday, I will cancel the party reservation. At least that is what I am thinking right now.

that is actually super smart! good thinking!

Example of the madness I am going through trying to plan our schedule: I've been trying to guess when the SW fireworks will start when we are there. From looking at Septembers schedule for them, it appears they are 15 minutes before park close. The park closes at 7 the week we are there so I am guessing the fireworks would be at 6:45. Weather says that last light in Orlando is at 5:54PM during the week we are there so they wouldn't have to extend park hours past 7 to ensure that it is dark out. If I am right, staking out a spot and/or attending the dessert party would interfere with my Minnie's Dine reservation. Regardless, looks like I need to plan to spend 2 evenings at DHS if I want to do Minnie's Dine and the fireworks!

Example of the madness I am going through trying to plan our schedule: I've been trying to guess when the SW fireworks will start when we are there. From looking at Septembers schedule for them, it appears they are 15 minutes before park close. The park closes at 7 the week we are there so I am guessing the fireworks would be at 6:45. Weather says that last light in Orlando is at 5:54PM during the week we are there so they wouldn't have to extend park hours past 7 to ensure that it is dark out. If I am right, staking out a spot and/or attending the dessert party would interfere with my Minnie's Dine reservation. Regardless, looks like I need to plan to spend 2 evenings at DHS if I want to do Minnie's Dine and the fireworks!

I didn't even think of that! Argh. We have a 5:10 at H&V too, which wouldnt give us much time if any to find a spot. Crappity crap. And the other nights that we could go to HS to catch the fireworks we have dinner reservations in Epcot after 6 so thats out too. I am so glad you posted this, I need to figure something out now!

We have a PPO at BOG for Tuesday the 28th...DH already doesn't want to get up earlier to do it and now there will be the EMM crowd. Blah Disney. BLAH.

We have a PPO at BOG for Tuesday the 28th...DH already doesn't want to get up earlier to do it and now there will be the EMM crowd. Blah Disney. BLAH.

Well, so far I haven't ever seen anyone report that the EMM crowd was large enough to ruin their PPO experience. I'm pretty sure the BOG folks still get the first ride on 7DMT ahead of the rope drop people if they get done eating early enough. Most of the EMM people will either be eating after 9 or will have moved on to Tomorrowland or Frontierland, leaving most of Fantasyland available for anyone else. At least, if we do EMM that would be our plan. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter