Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

So I'm still lurking on here! As it's our first trip, I have no advice and feedback to offer, but am learning so much from the rest of you. I'm trying to figure out if you can use Disney Gift Cards to cover tips only at the restaurants when using Free Dining? TIA!

So I'm still lurking on here! As it's our first trip, I have no advice and feedback to offer, but am learning so much from the rest of you. I'm trying to figure out if you can use Disney Gift Cards to cover tips only at the restaurants when using Free Dining? TIA!
I don't see why not? Or you could charge to Magic Band, then pay off your bill at front desk with gift cards.

Yes you absolutely can pay with gift cards, or as Mona said charge to your room (via magicband, if you're staying onsite only) and pay room charges at the front desk with a GC. That's what we did last year and it worked out great! :)

So I just found out that my mother in law is going to have stomach stapling surgery next Monday. 3 weeks before our trip. Now I am worried that she won't be healed enough to go. Thinking I should pay my balance with the CC instead of gift cards just in case there is canceling :guilty:

So I just found out that my mother in law is going to have stomach stapling surgery next Monday. 3 weeks before our trip. Now I am worried that she won't be healed enough to go. Thinking I should pay my balance with the CC instead of gift cards just in case there is canceling :guilty:

She was planning to go with you? Oh dear... bad timing! :(

Got my MDE luggage tags in the mail today, just keep inching slowly to Thanksgiving day and when we leave. Just hope my eye is better by then, it's been almost 2 weeks and it's still not okay yet :crazy2:

I hope everyone is healed up in time for the trip. Best wishes to you, Astryd, and to your MIL, Melwhit16!

yikes that is cutting it super close, I'm sorry it's adding a layer of stress to your planning. Hope she heals quickly and all goes well!! :hug:

Thanks. I knew y'all would understand! Of course I hope everything goes good for her I just think she is cutting too close and won't feel good.

So I know Haunted Mansion is rumored to be closed until 12/4, but Disney has yet to cancel my Fastpass for it on 12/3. Should I just wait, or try to find something else while I still have time?

So I know Haunted Mansion is rumored to be closed until 12/4, but Disney has yet to cancel my Fastpass for it on 12/3. Should I just wait, or try to find something else while I still have time?

We saw ONE report/rumor and I never saw it reported by anyone else, so I would absolutely wait if I were you.

I know that Kenny the Pirate has it on his refurb list, but I've yet to see it listed thru the 4th any place else. I am keeping my HM Fastpass unless Disney cancels it.

I know that Kenny the Pirate has it on his refurb list, but I've yet to see it listed thru the 4th any place else. I am keeping my HM Fastpass unless Disney cancels it.
Good call, everyone. I'll keep it in the hopes that the refurb is done in time. Fingers crossed!

Same boat here. People commented on KTP that they also have fastpasses that haven't been cancelled. So...hopefully he's wrong!

My 12/3 is still up. I would think if they expected it to be down they would have cancelled. I'm keeping mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter