Weddings At Sea

MACKENZIE23

Earning My Ears
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT DISNEY'S WEDDINGS AT SEA ON CASTAWAY CAY? WE ARE PLANNING TO HAVE OUR WEDDING THERE IN APRIL 2004 AND WERE WANTING SOME OPINIONS FROM FORMER CRUISERS WHO HAVE EITHER DONE THIS BEFORE OR HAD A FAMILY MEMBER/FRIEND WHO HAS DONE IT BEFORE. IT'S HARD TO GET EXCITED ABOUT YOUR WEDDING IF YOU DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT IT. ALL THAT I KNOW IS THIS IS WHAT WE WANT TO DO. BUT WE CAN'T FIND OUT ANY INFORMATION UNTIL THE END OF AUGUST (8 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING,WHEN WE SIGN THE CONTRACT). PLEASE SHARE ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE ON THIS SUBJECT.

WANTING TO GET EXCITED:Pinkbounc
TORI

I was waiting to respond in case someone who actually was involved in a wedding answered with more info than I have. Haven't been involved in a wedding at Castaway, so don't have a lot of details. However, on several of our cruises we have observed weddings there. We always go to the far end of the family beach past the Heads Up bar to the beach shared with teen beach. Heads up bar sticks out on a little jetty between the two. The weddings we have seen are conducted on the wharf area adjacent to the bar. The bar is closed at the time, and it is really a nice setting, overlooking the water with the ship in the background. Disney always has several CM assisting with the wedding, and the wedding party is transported from the ship to the wedding location on several "stretch" golf carts, each with two rows of seats facing forward and one on the back facing backwards. with the bride arriving jst before the ceremony starts. The carts are decorated with flowers and garlands. There appears to be an official from the Bahamas that disney brings who officiates the wedding service. There always seems to be a ship photographer at the ceremony. The ceremony is short and simple, but memorable. After the wedding is complete the bride and groom are driven off in one of the carts, probably back to the ship. Don't know if it concludes with a reception on the ship or not, but assume that is available at a cost. When we see one of the weddings we always think it would be a neat way to have one of our daughters get married. Hope this helps a little!

We were invited to a wedding at sea on the Magic - it was held at Sessions, photographer, live piano music, cake with beautiful topper, a wedding coordinator helped out, champagne, strawberries and a wonderful ceremony by the Captain.

The couple was also taken to different parts of the ship for photographs afterwards.

It was beautiful and we were very glad to have been part of their magic day!

Rae

So dad--since you DIDN'T do this for our wedding, will you foot the bill for a vow renewal on the ship???:p

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP AND INFORMATION. I WAS BEGINNING TO GET WORRIED THAT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD A WEDDING THERE HAD IT TURN OUT TO BE A TOTAL DISASTER THAT NO ONE WOULD TALK ABOUT.
THANK AGAIN

I will be getting married there on July 4th. I do have a sheet with the "perks" listed if you are interested! The package includes concierge service, a cake and topper, a bottle of champaigne, the officiant, a pianist (you get a choice of music), bridal bouquet and grooms boutineer (extra charge for attendants flowers) and much more! I don't know how everything will turn out, but I hope to share my info when I get back if anyone is interested. One note though, you are legally married in port at embarktion, and actually, me and my fiance have signed our wedding license already so it is ready when we get there. They go through a service that obtains the license for you. I guess if you want to see the perks, PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!