Wedding Times

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by Allisonjane, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Allisonjane

Allisonjane Mouseketeer

My travel agent has finally got back to me to say yes we can get married at sunset pointe in september, they have reserved a time of 2:30, i had originally requested 3:30 or 4 o'clock. Is this because disney only do weddings at set times, if so what times are they?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

congrats on getting your weddin time, we are still too far out to book ours so i dont really know about times sorry i cant help

4. pepples22

pepples22 Mouseketeer

I am getting married at 10am - I was also offered 5pm but that was the wedding pavilion. Sorry I can't be much more help.

5. princessdisneybelle

princessdisneybelle DIS Veteran

Yes they only have certain times.

6. Allisonjane

Allisonjane Mouseketeer

so does anyone knows what the times are at sunset pointe? because i think id prefer the wedding a bit later

7. ChocolateMouse

ChocolateMouse For the love of the mouse... and chocolate!

If all intimate locations are the same, then it's 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., but don't quote me on that. Those were the choices given to me for Sea Breeze Point.

I spent hours deciding which time would be the best for me. 10:00 a.m. is too early, especially for those who are visiting from the west coast (that's 7:00 a.m. Pacific time). 12:00 p.m. is just about right and could include a lunch reception but too far away from a dinner reception. 2:30 allows you plenty of time to get ready without panic, but cuts the day in half. 5:00 is perfect to lead into a dinner reception, but that's a lot of hours before the ceremony. Your guests can enjoy a theme park for part of the day, but it's a lot of extra time for the bride and groom.

In addition, the Wedding Pavillion has a 7:30 p.m. time. You'll see the sunset during your ceremony.

8. Raspberry Bubbles

Raspberry Bubbles I was Cinderella for the day!

Is this the same for Custom Weddings? That sounds about right I guess - it makes things easier for bookings that way.

9. Allisonjane

Allisonjane Mouseketeer

thanks chocolatemouse, i've asked my travel agent but they have to email their wedding dept and then disney so it'll be about a week before i get reply. I cant decide what time to go for, originally i wanted to do wishes cruise but i'll have a one year old so worried she may get scared of the fireworks. If i go for 5pm we could have dinner at 7pm and then watch wishes and water pageant from the polynesian, if it was 2:30 there would be alot of waiting around.