Wedding dresses

Somehow, I never posted my dress!

115_TaraMatt_2.jpg

105_TaraMatt_2.jpg

I had the flowers that came on the dress replaced with ones I got from etsy. They even (almost) have hidden Mickeys!
011_TaraMatt.jpg

Sorry! I tried resizing them, but it's not quite working...

I'm curious to know how you ladies got your dresses to Orlando? Did any of you take your dress with you onboard an airplane? I'm thinking about carpooling to Disney World so that way I don't have to worry about my dress getting messed up or etc. That will be a pain but I'm checking for other options. Please let me know! Thank YOU!:thanks:

I'm curious to know how you ladies got your dresses to Orlando? Did any of you take your dress with you onboard an airplane? I'm thinking about carpooling to Disney World so that way I don't have to worry about my dress getting messed up or etc. That will be a pain but I'm checking for other options. Please let me know! Thank YOU!:thanks:

I flew with mine! I carried her right through security and laid her in an overhead bin. I was slightly stressed and almost bought her a seat but it was so easy in actuality! We flew Southwest if that makes any difference! :bride:

Here is my dress! It's the 'Alma' by Pronovias. I bought the crystal separately and had it sewn on my hip! :goodvibes

TriciaJosh-0073.jpg

TriciaJosh-0059.jpg

TriciaJosh-0042.jpg

with my bustle:
TriciaJosh-0062.jpg

here is a front view from when my dress finally came in!
IMG_1677.jpg

I FedExed mine to Carolyn Allen's bridal boutique, whom I was paying to steam it. They brought it to my room, steamed it, picked it up after the wedding with the tuxes we'd rented, and shipped it back to me. One of the best decisions I made for our wedding! :thumbsup2

Like Michelle (One Song), I am not a current bride, but thought you girls wouldn't mind if I indulged in a few precious memories and posted some photos of my dress
It was Christina by Maggie Sottero

JP00795-4-11.jpg

JP02145-4-11.jpg

JP03965-4-11.jpg

I FedExed mine to Carolyn Allen's bridal boutique, whom I was paying to steam it. They brought it to my room, steamed it, picked it up after the wedding with the tuxes we'd rented, and shipped it back to me. One of the best decisions I made for our wedding! :thumbsup2

I agree with Carrie :goodvibes. We took the Autotrain down to Florida so my dress went in our car, but once we arrived in Disney, Carolyn Allen came to our resort room at the Boardwalk and steamed my dress (and one of my DBM dresses). They had told me to ask room service for some extra sheets and after the dress was steamed they hung it from the curtin rod and covered it with two sheets so my DF could not see the dress (even though it was in the room with us).

We also rented our tuxes from them and they brought them to one of of groomsmens rooms a few days before the wedding and everyone met there and tried them on and Carolyn Allen was there to help everyone try on their tuxes and make any alterations if needed.

Definately the best decision and made everything go smoothly.

Linda

My halloween wedding dress - bought plain ivory and my friend altered it from there with cobweb lace and little bats lol
PaulaandAshley057010-31-12.jpg

PaulaandAshley017310-31-12.jpg

PaulaandAshley003810-31-12.jpg

PaulaandAshley067510-31-12.jpg

oh and one of my wedding... erm, shoes?
PaulaandAshley030110-31-12.jpg

tric8783 said:
Here is my dress! It's the 'Alma' by Pronovias. I bought the crystal separately and had it sewn on my hip! :goodvibes

with my bustle:

here is a front view from when my dress finally came in!

Oh my goodness -- I am in love with your dress! I have got to find one of those to try on!

Any Alfred Angelo Disney dresses? I am choosing between styles 205, 225 and 217! I know the msrp but did anyone buy them cheaper?

Here are shots of the Alfred Angelo dresses on display at the recent Bridal Showcase. I know it's not the same as seeing them on a real person, though...

P1120108.jpg

P1120110.jpg

P1110774.jpg

P1110775.jpg

P1110776.jpg

P1110777.jpg

P1110778.jpg

P1110779.jpg

P1110782.jpg

P1110694.jpg

P1110719.jpg

P1110726.jpg

P1110727.jpg

P1110728.jpg

I appreciate it... I am going to wait a couple more months to start looking at dresses or I will be too crazy about all the details of it until the wedding but my #1 choice is the 2nd from the Left (the belle one). These pics are much better than the ones on the site

:goodvibes

Any recent brides ready to post pictures of them in their dress? I'm just starting to plan our wedding so won't be dress shopping for a few months, but I AM starting to dream about "the dress". And I much prefer seeing all you beautiful REAL brides in their dresses than those scary model people in their odd poses...

Please post your pictures!!!

Brooke

lurkyloo said:
Here are shots of the Alfred Angelo dresses on display at the recent Bridal Showcase. I know it's not the same as seeing them on a real person, though...

Carrie do you know which dress is shown in blue? None are showing as available in blue but I love that dress and I'd die (no pun intended) for a blue dress!

Bewitch324 said:
Any recent brides ready to post pictures of them in their dress? I'm just starting to plan our wedding so won't be dress shopping for a few months, but I AM starting to dream about "the dress". And I much prefer seeing all you beautiful REAL brides in their dresses than those scary model people in their odd poses...

Brooke

I going to post some in my PJ tonight. I will try to remember to post them here too :)

Brooke

Well I'm far from being a model, but I might still look a little scary.:lmao:

Here is a pic of my original wedding dress in 2004

weddingdressfitting.jpg

And this is my dress for our vow renewal.

mydress_zps371cbd92.jpg

Good luck with your plannig, Brooke. And congratulations.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter