Wedding dresses

I love looking at everyone's wedding dresses.

47b4cf30b3127cce9c6741738c2300000015108AatGLhi2cNK

This was my Demetrios gown.

Everyone dress look so pretty.. I was so worried about having red in my dress but not so any more.

I hope to try on my dress and get real pics of me in it soon :)

Fantasia Sam said:
Catt usually I right click on the image and copy the properties to paste into an image quote on here, however I've found that David's Bridal doesn't let you right click on their pictures hmmm

I had that same problem.....

Sam,

Your dress is gorgeous! Is it ... pink? :) It looks a zillion times better on you than that model! LOL

c

Fantasia Sam said:
I can't tell you how much I am loving all your wedding dresses.

WDWAurora that is one of my most favourite Davids Bridal wedding dresses :)

Anyway here are mine - the "model" look and the "real" look - personally speaking I don't think the model does the dress any justice whatsoever but then I'm biased :rotfl2:

c7d9c81b.jpg

Here you can see the bead and rock-chip detailing on the dress:

46f7ffdf.jpg

And here's the full look:

b1b6ad5e.jpg

Thanks cryssi - it was pink LOL as was my whole wedding - I don't think you can ever have too much pink ;) And yeahhhh that model really didn't have the bust for it IMHO ;) :rotfl2:

Did anyone take their DH2B with them to pick out dresses? I know that according to tradition the groom shouldn't see your dress until the wedding day. But a big part of me wants to take him dress shopping because he is actually really good at saying what looks nice and what doesn't.

Jennifer

Moonbeams said:
Did anyone take their DH2B with them to pick out dresses? I know that according to tradition the groom shouldn't see your dress until the wedding day. But a big part of me wants to take him dress shopping because he is actually really good at saying what looks nice and what doesn't.

Jennifer

Thank you for asking that because I kind of was feeling the same way. I maybe don't want him to look at them on me, but maybe just point to what he likes in the store? We just moved and I know NO ONE here and my family are all pretty far away, and I want to go dress shopping darn it :) I just thought if I walked into a bridal salon with him that they would all look at me like I was some kind of weirdo.

Moonbeams said:

Jennifer
I'm pretty traditional, so I didn't take him with me. Since my dress came from David's bridal though, I gave him one of the books and let him mark things he did/didn't like, so I still got his input without him seeing me in dresses. He was able to immediately pick my dress out after I bought it though. It's just me. I never saw guys in there when I was shopping really, and I was in there a lot. I saw the occasional dad and one prom date boy, but DH was the only groom I saw, and he was only there with me to pay for some out of town bridesmaid dresses and buy the ringbearer's pillow and guestbook.

It's really about what you feel comfortable with. If I wasn't having my dress made, I would seriously consider taking my DH2B with me. I don't know if I would let him see me in the dress, but at least to help me look, b/c he would be honest. However, even if he does see you in the dress, it will be a lot different on the day of, with the hair, make-up and flowers. The way I figure it, I've seen my fiance's suit, but I haven't seen him in it and I know that it will put a huge smile on my face to see him in it on our wedding day, even if I see him in it now. That being said, I personally have decided not to show my DH2B a picture of my dress, but I asked him what style he liked before I went shopping (he said strapless) and I was all for spaghetti straps. But the day I went shopping, I saw the pattern for my dress and it was strapless and I loved it (I posted it on the 1st page of this thread). So when I went home, I said to him "don't tell my mom I told you this, b/c you know her and wedding traditions, but it is strapless. I won't tell you anything else". My mom believes it is bad luck for him to know that, so I always joke with him that it is a blue leisure suit with ruffles when my mom is around!
I guess my point is that you should do what you are most comfortable with. Ultimately you want to feel like a princess, but I don't think it would hurt to get your fiance's opinion. He doesn't have to see you in the dress. If the ladies in the store give you a hard time, that's their problem. If they say anything, just tell them that you just moved to a new city and you wanted his opinion b/c no one else lives near by. Besides, it is none of their business! Lol! Anyways, if you want to take your fiance with you, I say go ahead and have fun!! :goodvibes

With my first dress I did not let DH see it. I absolutely refused and said he would see it on our wedding day. Well I lost weight and the dress no longer fit and I was very upset. My birthday was coming up and DH said that if I found a new dress he would buy it for me. I started looking online and found one on ebay. He was the first person to see it when it arrived, he wasn't supposed to be but with other issues that were going on I needed pictures of it on me and he was the one who had to take them. :)

Here's Mine! I love it, and was really concerned about getting it because the town the dress shop is in was seriously damaged by Hurricane Katrina. They didn't have phone service for 2 weeks, and so I FINALLY found out that the dress shop is still there and that my dress is on it's way! :cheer2: I ordered it in early June, and didn't know what I would do on such a short notice if the dress shop was no longer there! I am happy for MANY reasons that they were spared.

8011_l.jpg

It is ivory with champagne detailing. I'm absolutely in love with it! :love:

I bought my dress on Saturday, in Blue instead of the Red shown. I love it! And they just happen to have it there, it will be ready by Saturday!!

Front
508l.jpg
Back
508b.jpg

MApigletfan said:
LittleBlackRaincloud - I love that dress! It is so gorgeous - who makes it? You will look beautiful!!

Thanks! I love all of our dresses...we sure are a stylish bunch! The dress is by Eden Bridal style number 8011. I love the all over lace. It is embellished with crystals, beading, and champagne embroidery. I hope to get to try MY dress on this week! :banana:

My dress was custom made by a local woman. It was her design and worth every penny. It is still my favorite dress ever and I actuall chose it over four years ago now.

Dress on dummy:
182.jpg

Cool view:
185.jpg

Full length:
35b1-16.jpg

Back Detail:
35b2-10.jpg

Bustled back:
C-71.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter