Wedding Dessert Party

DinaM1983

Earning My Ears
Good afternoon!

First time poster, long-time reader :smickey:

We are currently planning our wedding, which takes place this MAY (aaahhh!) and we have the option of adding the dessert party in the U.K. for after our reception. My question is, will the cost of the dessert party be applied to the minimum food and beverage cost that is required? Or is it considered an enhancement?

If you have experienced the dessert party, do you think it is worth the cost?

Thank you kindly for your time!

I can't comment on whether it counts toward the food and beverage minimum as I don't know much at all about that.

We had a dessert party as our reception at our wedding in October 2015. We absolutely loved it and totally thought it was worth the cost. I would love to do it again someday.

I don't think that it counts toward food and beverage. However, we will be over those minimums, so it doesn't make a difference for us.

Separate events no longer count toward Disney's Fairy Tales Weddings' minimum expenditures, even if they occur on the same day. Only ceremony and reception expenses count. That said, a dessert party is TOTALLY worth it because it's a unique experience your guests can only get at Disney. For most of us, the dessert party is the one thing guests are still talking about from our weddings!

We loved our dessert party at Epcot. Of course, if my wife has to hear from me one more time at other weddings, why they don't have fireworks, I think she might want to strangle me. :)

Its been 9 years this month since my daughters Disney Wedding, people still talk about that dessert party, it was a perfect end to a beautiful day!

We were married more then 8 years ago in Disney and had an IllumiNations Dessert Party in the UK Lower and it is definitely worth it. There is no where else where you and your guests can experience something like this. We are hoping to do something like this for our 10 year anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter