Wedding Cake

:bride:

I am not doing a DCL vow renewal - I am doing it on a beach at St. Marteen - on my own - I get to have a beach service - and all that - for a substantial cost savings....

I know if I did VR I would get the cake and topper - but I just wanted to know if I can order a special cake and not the Jello kind of one..

:bride:

My friend did a vow renewal in July and she had a yellow cake (I think) with almond flavored buttercream frosting. It was beautiful.

Was it through DCL? I hear that is the ONLY way I can get a special cake :(

Unfortunately, that is true. You have to do the renewal through the ship to get a special cake. You can't order one separate. They say it is because there are so many special events that they would need to hire extra staff for all the special cake requests they get.

Yup, DCL only makes the cakes for their things. If a company in St. Maarten is doing your ceremony, can they help you with a cake?

Thank you all --

we will order a cake for dinner that night - and use what ever they give us as our wedding cake - :)

we are going to do the champagne toast on the beach :)

The head waiter did order a cake for us to have at dinner the night after our VR (i am cheri's VR Friend)..I don't think it was jello..i had left over wedding cake because it was my favorite, but here is a picture of the cake

t6teli.jpg

VR cake:
11gtvll.jpg

OHMY GOSH that is exactly what I am looking for --- the congrats one --- oh my --- :) :) :)

so we just tell our head server and they get this - so this was part of the DCL VR or just a request?

there were 13 of us that had dinner in Palo the night of the VR..so the night before the HW said to my DH "on Saturday, we will have a cake for you" we thought he meant the leftover wedding cake but they brought out the wedding cake topper AND this cake..I am really not sure what the flavor was..but it was very nice of him to do it..

here is the other one..same night
2rw2bs8.jpg

Did you ask for the green flowers on your cake? Or was that something they just did? Because they didn't ask me about any wedding cake designs/colors or ideas. So, I thought everyone got white. I would love to have red to go with everything else.

they didn't ask me about colors either..I sent Cathy an email and asked if it was possible to get light green and something almond flavored..she emailed the pastry chef and they said yes..that was about 3 weeks before we left!!

Well, when I sent my confirmation fax back about everything I asked if I could have red added to my cake. We will see what happens!!!

Yes they will do the flowers different colors. We had pink ones. They are awesome with that. They even did my daughter a seperate little cake of her own with our icing. It looked so cute and they placed it on the platter in front of ours. Almost looked like steps for Mickey & Minnie. When we cut it open, it was icecream inside. She is allergic to eggs and therefore they came up with this idea. I had no clue they were going to, because I talked with the head pastry cheft two days before our ceremony and he says, do not worry, we will think of something, but we do not "plan" that far in advance. "Just place trust in my hands." With me being a little OCD, I was worried, but he did awesome. He went on to say they "treat it as art", they can take some request, but do not know what the creative side is going to produce at that moment. So all that to say a color request is not a big deal when it comes to flowers.

The congratulations cake you got for your VR is what I also got for my Birthday. They make about three standard cakes now for all of the special occassions each night and they pull from these for the night. They are now more personal in that they add things like Happy Birthday, Congratulations and for the kids they are now adding names. So no special orders but possible to get one of the standard cakes.:thumbsup2

I just didn't want them to think I was a bridezilla. Cuz I really have not asked for much at all.

I am sure there have been a lot of those. I have tried not to bug Cathy for anything at all. All, I have asked for has been my ressies to be changed a half hour later for palo and the cake color thing.

me too!!
I kept telling Cathy "I'm so sorry.. I have another request"

but most of my requests came the last month..I could have planned for months, but most of it came together at the end

I just emailed her the pictures the other day..even though she is super busy with everyone else, she took a moment to write back...Love her!

Not to hi-jack your thread :flower3: but who do you tip when you get special cakes at dinner? We want a birthday cake for DD. I have read on here that I should tip someone when I ask for it, but not sure who. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!