Web-Based Interviews for Aulani

Posies

Twitterpated
I'm not applying for the college program, I'm applying for a job at the new Aulani resort in Hawaii, but they both use the web-based interview so I was hoping you could help me out? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this!

I applied for a position and I just did the web-based interview. For starters, does everyone get that when they apply for a position, or do they only pick people they think might be worth interviewing later? I didn't get it automatically, there were a few days in between when I submitted my application and when I got the email for the WBI.

Anyway, I heard you would know immediately if you'd passed or not because it's scored automatically, but all it said at the end was that the park is opening to guests on August 28th, hiring will be in May/June, and my information would be kept on file for 12 months. Does that mean I passed? I had heard you got instructions to schedule a phone interview if you passed, now I'm afraid I did poorly :(

Thank you in advance!

From the looks of it, they do things differently than in the CP application process. Everyone who applies for the CP gets to take the WBI right when they fill out their application. The few day turnaround for you might mean they looked at your application, or it might (as I suspect from the fact that hiring doesn't take place until May/June) mean that no one's going to look at anyone's results for another month or so and right now they're just collecting electronic applications.

Also, the WBI works on a point system, meaning certain answers give you certain amounts of points. For CP applicants, there's a threshold of a minimum score you need to "pass," and if you get above that score you automatically get invited to have a phone interview. Obviously this requires a great deal of manpower from casting, since many thousands pass. This is just speculation, but I think it's likely that for your process, they're collecting applications and come May/June will individually review them and select the highest of passing scores and/or most qualified people and offer them interviews.

Good luck with all your plans! Working at Aulani would be amazing. Be sure to let us know how it goes :)

Thank you!

I think it was like a day and a half turnaround from when I submitted the last thing I needed, so it may have been automated but everything else I got that was automated was instantaneous after your submission.

I followed all the advice about the test-- consistent, strong answers, all that stuff.

I'm sure you kicked the WBI's butt then :)
Out of curiosity, what did they make you submit? For the CP we just fill out a bunch of web forms- name, birthdate, school, etc, and then some text boxes like 3 most recent jobs, skills, hobbies, and stuff like that.

I think the form pages were probably similar. First you have to choose a position and submit a resume/cover letter for each one and also fill out some of the form-type things you mentioned. After you submit that, you have to go answer a series of multiple-choice questions specific to the position about your experience. You have to repeat this for each position.

Then you can edit your list of skills associated with your profile and complete a form explaining your availability, listing most recent jobs, etc. You only have to do this once for all the positions you apply for, and you're given the option to do it when you're done submitting the other stuff for each position. When you submit the stuff I mentioned above it sends you an email automatically for each one to tell you what you have left to do. About a day and a half after I did that I got the email for the WBI, now I guess I'm waiting!

Best of luck to you!! I'm sure you have nothing to worry about with the WBI! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

And as it was said before, let us know if you get it, I've always wanted to go to Hawaii :laughing:

You sound like you would have done just fine on the WBI! Good luck!
Working at Aulani sounds like it would be absolutely amazing! I'm jealous. :)

Aloha,

I also applied for a job at Aulani. I went through the WBI and about a week or two they wanted to do phone interview. From all my friends that applied, it seems the next step is the phone interview. My first interview was scheduled for the 21 st of April but they "forgot" to call me. I was very sad. However I did contact them and the lady was very helpful. She rescheduled me for today. They are 45 mins late but I am still giving them some time before I call back.

I am honestly feeling discouraged but I am persistent. I really want this job! I hope you the best and that this does not happen to you as it can be very nerve-racking.

Good luck!!

What types of questions do they ask you on the WBI? Are they questions based of the particular position you want or is it about yourself?

The questions on the WBI were a mixture of your self and customer service. At least that is what mines was like. I applied for several customer service positions. I'm not sure if others are different or what. The WBI is timed. The first part gives you like 45 sec each question and the next part gives you about 20 secs each question. It is more of a self assessment so some questions will be the same just worded differently so be truthful. Good luck

Also update on the phone interview. Next part is a face to face interview!

im thinking the HR people hiring for Aulani is new people, getting used to the system and the hiring process. I did the application, and then it sent an email a day later to do the WBI. I completed the WBI with my partner to make sure all my answers were 'consistent' and truthful. Now the waiting game begins
all over again.

i did attend the auditions for the entertainment position at NIX studios where I got to the 2nd round, i thought that was stressful enough, but waiting for a response is crazy.

i also did get the message stating that they wont be getting back to us in
May/June. blehhh.

i mean they brought people down from the mainland to watch us perform, i thought that would be good enough!! but i guess not.

im even curious if you did pass the WBI, i wonder how long it will take for them to respond.

I wonder if anyone heard word after the WBI? how long did it take for them to respond back? Any advice would be a treasure, Mahalo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter