weather in March

scottishwee35

DIS Veteran
Hi

What is the weather like in March?

As I am planning to go to Disnelyland, Hollywood and Las Vegas in third week of March or October?

Cannot decide which month is best?

Scottishwee35

In Southern Cal, it can vary greatly year to year...but this past March we experienced days in the mid 70's and nights dropping to the low 60's/upper 50's.

I used to live in LA and live in Arizona now. March can sometimes be rainy. I think there was some rain this October, too.

If I had to choose between March and October, just based on the weather. We went the first week of April 2006 and it rained - didn't ruin our trip but it did put a damper on things.

We were there in March. It rained one day - but it was fine - people cleared out and we were able to walk right onto rides. The next day it was super-nice, sun shining.

If you're willing to be in the rain (it wasn't all that cold until night - probably because of the plastic poncho we were all wearing!), then March is a great time.

October will be busier now because of the Halloween thing.

We went last Oct (mid month) and this past March (early in the month)

Oct had extreme temps. It was almost 100 the first couple days. The last couple days were 60's with rain and wind. It was CRAZY! The parks were very busy. We were expecting fall quiet times, but that is not what we got.

March was cool during the day, and cold in the evenings. We dressed in many layers. Some evenings we had on tshirts, sweatshirts and our coats. We would have wore hats and mittens if we had packed them! But, the parks were pretty quiet, which was really nice. The only long line we waited in was for the Monsters Inc ride, and it had just opened a few weeks earlier.

I couldn't believe the Monster's Inc. line on the sunny day! We walked right onto the ride (and Soarin') - no lines at all! But that was the rainy day.

I would have been really disappointed in the ride had I had to wait in that super-long line! It was cute, but I didn't think it was worth that kind of wait. But, it was new, so I guess everyone wanted to see it.

The weather in March is usually a tad chilly....and very good chance of showers, so be prepared for that. It's usually not days and days of rain, but maybe a good couple hour rain spell one or two days a week.

I remember snowboarding in March 2 years ago, but last year, there wasnt any snow left in March :P

Albort said:
I remember snowboarding in March 2 years ago, but last year, there wasnt any snow left in March :P

Last year was a particularly odd year, yes. I would recommend if you do go in March to bring a light sweatshirt or something like that for evenings/early mornings. Like others have said, the weather in Southern California is pretty much the same most times of the year. You'll be dealing with temperatures somewhere in the 70s and possibly some rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter