weather impact......

DisneyWalle

DIS Veteran
Is there plenty to do at universal in the rain? We are arriving at the portofino on Monday and our first day in the park is Tuesday. In light of the governor declaring a state of emergency, should we cancel or just come anyway. I have no problem doing things in the rain but if universal closes more stuff than it has open in rainy weather, then there might be no reason to come down.

There's a lot of uncertainty on Erika and it's direction,one thing for sure is that its lost strength over the mountains of the D.R and Haiti and is not projected to become that severe a storm.Right now some of the projections have it possibly going towards the Gulf of Mexico and Texas and some have it still going over the Florida straits and then curving over towards Tampa.I would say go,especially if you're going on Tuesday which at that point could be no threat to Florida or if it were to move towards Central Florida it might go through by the end of the day.It could be a rainmaker if it were to go the Florida route but then again things like the velocity of its movement could blow through the area pretty quickly.If you do get a rainy day go to Universal,too many attractions close for rain at Islands of Adventure,many more inside attractions at Universal.

Oh good! That is perfect.....we already had plans to go to Universal Studios on Tuesday. Thank you!

lots of rides are indoors at the studios.
T2, horror make up show, simpsons, MIB, ET, Disaster, Shrek, DE, TF, Gringotts, Mummy, Twister,

am i over looking any??

beetle juice and blues brother show won't happen if it is a storm.
animal planet, not sure but doubt they would go on in a heavy rain.

hoping the weather won't be stormy and wet for you !

Just be sure to bring a poncho and a hoodie. Ponchos are ridiculous prices in the parks (they are a better quality, but still.) When we went during heavy rains one year, we still had a great time, but all the places still had their AC cranked and we FROZE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter