Weather from May4th-8th bahamas Cruise on Disney Dream

Please its still to early to worry about the weather...........48 hours.......that is really the earliest time to look at the weather reports and think they maybe true.

AKK

My family will be on the same cruise next week. I'm hoping for the best while thinking I may pack a little differently, just in case. We're from Seattle, so rain isn't a big deal, but we want full sunshine while on vacation. I'm gonna try NOT to look at the weather app until late Friday. Hopefully, things will change. We fly in on Sunday.
this is my mentality too and why after a DISASTROUS honeymoon in turks and caicos (where it also rained every day all day during the driest month of what was supposed to be the driest year lol) we haven't been back till now. We always choose hawaii because i never have to look at the weather. i'm crossing my fingers.

Please its still to early to worry about the weather...........48 hours.......that is really the earliest time to look at the weather reports and think they maybe true.

AKK

Usually technology and weather people can pinpoint by now rain 7 days in advance (we are only 4 days out), and its going to rain in the Bahamas next week, just the question is timing and whether or not its just a plain Low system or something more like a tropical storm..Still saying a chance this develops into a tropical storm, lets hope not...I know weather people do like to hype stuff up, but its pretty clear they can predict rain from a huge system like the one we have next week....I am hoping now the timing is Thursday, the day we are at sea as it will not matter as much and or a shift in the location of the Low which can also have a huge effect on timing as well as rain....Either way though the winds forecasted seem to not be great, so hopefully it stays that way...

I am afraid I disagree..................any weather forecaster will tell you the bottom line to have a really accurate forecaster is good only 48 hours out. Beyond that your guessing, large system or not. As you own post says.....you don't really know what the large system will do, if it will develop into a tropical system or not?................stay a low?........still hoping????........A low 4 days away can shift direction and speed a great deal and thereby effecting the rain a great deal as well. For a passenger on a cruise.....the broken cloud cover and spotty rain (which the vessel can sometimes steer around) can be a great day vs a steady rain, totally different.

My point is for the other poster to worry what the weather will be is pointless this far out.

AKK

We sail out on the Fantasy on Saturday and are also from the Seattle area. What I see on the ship when it rains is that we have the deck to ourselves as everyone else runs. It does rain way harder there but it is warm and usually stops after about 10 minutes. Our rain is so much lighter but sometimes it feels like it will never end plus it is cold with a 20 mph wind. I hope you guys have a great cruise and that the weather works out.

Thank you. Same to you and your party. Warm rain sounds lovely. LOL!

we are on the Dream starting the 8th, so we are also hoping that low clears out.

weather this week in the Bahamas is looking to be a bit rainy. Need it to clear up by Sunday!!

hoping everyone is having a great trip regardless of weather. i'm curious to hear reports back about trips. i just looked at nassau webcam and it looks so dreary. i'm starting to regret going back to the caribbean b/c the weather just is so finicky!

hoping everyone is having a great trip regardless of weather. i'm curious to hear reports back about trips. i just looked at nassau webcam and it looks so dreary. i'm starting to regret going back to the caribbean b/c the weather just is so finicky!

We have been to the Caribbean/Bahamas 9 times in the last 3.5 years and have always had great weather. Your cruise is 9 days away that is way too early to be so pessimistic about the weather. Try to think positive. BTW I have had really crappy weather in Hawaii. It happens.

Weather was great minus Nassau Morning where it rained a lot and we had huge puddles of water...Our Dophin swim got delayed for a couple of hours but we got it in! Everyone was right about the weather though as it was sunny the entire time minus Tues. morning...Our captain GUS said we just missed the tropical depression and it did not form into a storm due to the waters not being warm enough...So I guess we got a little lucky too! Cannot wait to go back on cruise in a few years!

We just got off a 3 day on the Dream and the weather was great. There were some clouds on the Nassau day but Castaway was perfect with a breeze all day! I could have laid in the water in front of our cabana for a week and never gotten tired of it!

We were on that cruise and besides the few hours of rain in the morning in Nassau it was great! We used a lot of sunscreen:) the last night was a little Ricky but they were diverting around that new TS but even with that there was no rain or high wind just waves from the storm I think. Some people said they got ill but we had no issues with sea sickness or Norovirus, a few people mentioned there family got noro but it was not all over because we did not see any extra illness precaution.

Didn't meet anyone getting sick....Seas were a lot rougher than I was expecting on MOnday night and last day, but still not bad, Family and I were fine without any meds...

I was on the same cruise and agree the first and last night were a little rough. I did however get motion sick. I got seabands first and they didn't work for me then I got the sea sickness meds (I started taking them on day 2/Nassau) and felt great when they took affect. Castaway Cay day was beautiful as well as our at sea day. All in all it was a good first cruise for us and now I know that I must take medicine.

You have to remember you are crossing the Gulf stream the 1st and last nights. IT does not always cause rough water, but it can and often does, depending on wind direction and force.

AKK

Funny how you can check 4 different places and get 4 different forecast. Crazy!
Yup. And all four of them are wrong!

You have to remember you are crossing the Gulf stream the 1st and last nights. IT does not always cause rough water, but it can and often does, depending on wind direction and force.

AKK

You're obviously the best informed about this. I've appreciated all your posts here on the DIS and CC. :worship:

I'll just chime in that this has been exactly our experience on 13 DCL cruises out of PC, plus several from other FL ports. Expect the first and last nights to be a bit rougher than the rest of the cruise.

Yup. And all four of them are wrong!

You're obviously the best informed about this. I've appreciated all your posts here on the DIS and CC. :worship:

I'll just chime in that this has been exactly our experience on 13 DCL cruises out of PC, plus several from other FL ports. Expect the first and last nights to be a bit rougher than the rest of the cruise.

Thank You OKW, for the kind remarks.

We are going back home (OKW) the last week in Oct and then a week on the Fantasy!

AKK

Yeh it's always a little rough in the Gulf Stream but the last evening not only did we have the Gulf Stream but the ship sped up and diverted around the TS .. It was rockin but we didn't get the rain or high winds that night.. Good for the Capt for doing a great job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter