Weather Conditions 1st Week In December...

rayzke

Earning My Ears
...will it be warm enough to swim or should I go for the view of DTD instead?

Really hard to say. We have been to WDW early December several times, and will be going again this year. We usually have a mix of weather from very warm to quite chilly. If your trip is long enough, you will probably have a few days of swimming.

December weather in Florida is just as unpredictable as what you see in Illinois. How was this December compared to other Decembers?

Like Diane, we've done numerous December/January trips and we've seen times when it was below freezing at night, and barely into the 40's during the day, and other times when it might be 60 at night and 80 during the day.

About a week before your trip, the long range forecasts will probably give you a fairly decent idea of what you can expect.

Yes the weather can be all over the place. We went to MVMCP in 03 and froze. Went to MVMCP in 04 and it was quite warm, to warm for hot-cocoa. Last year it seems just about right, not to hot, not to cold.

We also went swimming this past year during that time. The water was nice and warm, it was just the air once you stepped out of the pool that got you.

So much of it depends on what you're used to for swimming. When I was at BCV in late November/early December in 2005, I wouldn't have dreamed of swimming. But our climate at home is even hotter than Orlando. But when we lived in Massachusetts, it would have been perfect weather to swim in Orlando at that time. Lots of people were doing it, as I sat there with my jacket on!

We have been living in AZ and TX for the last several years. We have found the weather in early December to be quite warm for us the last few years. We were there in Dec '02, and it was COLD!!! But, in Dec '04 it was really hot (highs around 85), and this past year, highs in the day were right at 80.

I thought this last December was very nice. After sunset, we would need a light jacket, but it was definitely warm enough to enjoy SAB.

I would say, odds are there will be SOME days warm enough for swimming, and maybe a few that are not warm enough. But, I would certainly bring the swimsuits!!!

:wave:

Beca

We were in WDW Dec 10-13. The afternoons were very pleasant (high 60s and sunny) a couple of evenings got really cool. Low 40's. DH did swin one afternoon as the pool was heated and over 85 degrees. It was a little cool when you got out though.

We plan for the usual Artic weather in December.

Of course, for US, Artic is anything below 60 degrees Farenheit ;) -- in short, anything that causes us to break out our ski parkas and thermal underwear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter