Wearing dresses to the parks...crazy?

My husband and I went in June last year and I'm not really a shorts girl- I'm not foo-foo at all, I just prefer dresses and skirts. I wore simple jersey dresses and skirts (most hit just above my knees or slightly higher) and was fine getting in and out of all rides and didn't deal with any chub rub (but did use monistat anti-chafing gel). I'm shorter, though (5'3") and average size. I also wore flat sandles with no support and was fine so maybe I'm just a freak, haha!

I wore my old navy sundresses with running shorts underneath for days we did rides. And used bodyglide from dicks sporting goods on my thighs in the evenings when we weren't doing rides and I wasn't adding shorts.

After many trips down south and to Disney in particular I am packing all sun dresses.

Because I burn easily my ideal dresses have full shoulders and not spaghetti straps.

I don't choose short / mini lengths or dresses that are very full that might blow up in a breeze )

Coming from a climate so cold that dresses are for special occasions only, I want to wear dresses on vacay!

So... please forgive me for asking if this is a dumb question... but if you are getting those slip shorts or bike shorts for underneath ...are you supposed to wear those instead of undies or in addition to? :confused:

So... please forgive me for asking if this is a dumb question... but if you are getting those slip shorts or bike shorts for underneath ...are you supposed to wear those instead of undies or in addition to? :confused:

All of mine have a cotton gusset, so appropriate to wear alone.

My last trip over spring break I tried wearing some dresses for the first time and found them extremely comfortable! I got them at Old Navy and wore Nike Pros underneath to avoid any rubbing. I didn't have problems on rides or anything like that. I would definitely wear a dress to the parks again!

Our trip is in October but, since all the summer clothes seem to be disappearing from the shops already, a bunch of us went out this weekend to look for stuff. I wanted shorts...after trying about a hundred pairs, I remembered there's a good reason I don't own any...they all looked awful.

So, plan B, I was thinking I could take dresses instead. Is that a really bad idea? Are there practical implications I haven't thought of? Would I look out of place? I'm thinking they'd be just as comfy/cool as shorts and a top. My only other option would be something capri-length. :confused3

Looking for some advice from those of you with more theme park/Florida weather experience than me. Thanks! :goodvibes
I was also wondering this. My daughter is going to want to wear all the Disney dresses but I'm worried they may get too hot and itchy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter