We Would Like To Stay In A House !!!

Brown Family

Earning My Ears
We have decided to rent a pool house when we travel to WDW next year. Does anybody have any good recomandations for a good place to stay. :hourglass

Hope you find what you are looking for.

This map sort of shows where the neighborhoods are. http://www.orlandovillas.com/Map.aspx

We found Windsor Palms to be incredibly convenient! Any community in that specific area will be an easy drive. If we were planning to stay in a pool home I'd start with Windsor hills, windsor palms and Emerald Island. If I couldn't find anything there I'd branch out but there is a lot to choose from in those 3!

If I went with a management company instead of the owner directly (no reason to, tho) I'd make sure I was getting a specific house and not just a type of house (ie "the mouse house IV" or whatver and not just "a 4 bedroom 2 bath near Disney").

Also make sure the # of bathrooms is good for your party size!

Just curious - but why would you want to rent a house as opposed to staying at a hotel? Please tell me it isn't to have a kitchen. I've made it clear to my DH that a vacation has nothing to do with kitchens. Give me room service and housekeeping - now that is a vacation!

We are going in may and found our pool house at vacationneardisney.us. I read good reviews of their houses on here and I got an excellent price.

Kelly

midwestdee said:
Just curious - a vacation has nothing to do with kitchens. Give me room service and housekeeping - now that is a vacation!
Ditto if I am at Disney I want to enjoy myself not cook and clean. :stir:

We used to stay in hotels, especially on-site in Disney, and loved it.

But now we much prefer to stay in a home. Its not just the kitchen, although the kitchen comes in very handy.

A home offers so much more space to relax in, the bedrooms are bigger, and there actually are bedrooms, so you can have some space to yourself when travelling with friends or family.

We have stayed in great Pool Homes and Condos, and actually prefer the Condo, they are just as big and if you pick one in a good community you will get all the same facilites as a resort such as pools and hottubs, gyms, tennis courts etc etc.

We use TheBigCondoList and TheBigVillaList which offer Condo and Villa rentals directly from the owners.

We have even stayed in a home when it is just the two of us, it really is great to have a lot of space and comfort to relax in rather than a cramped hotel room.

have you gave staying at a dvc and get early morning entry and convient to just get on bus and let them worry about the crazy driving and saves parking fees, and is affordable depending if you are staying sunday and leaving friday's

midwestdee said:
Just curious - but why would you want to rent a house as opposed to staying at a hotel? Please tell me it isn't to have a kitchen. I've made it clear to my DH that a vacation has nothing to do with kitchens. Give me room service and housekeeping - now that is a vacation!

Its all about space and peace and quiet. So nice to be able to sleep in and not be woken up with kids playing catch in the hallway or banging on the wall between rooms.

Also its less expensive. I go in the off season and have been able to get a whole beautifully furnished house with its own pool for a week for just a lil bit more than I would be paying for at one of the All Star Resorts.

I have also used Orlandovillas.com too. I have found homes in nice quiet homes with wonderful views over a lake or a pond with alligators.

You can see where we have stayed/are staying in my signature, but if you go to the Orlando board you will get lots of recommendations and helpful suggestions.

As you can see from my signature, we have gradually made the move to totally offiste. with one WDW trip per year, we can afford to stay wherever we want, but we prefer offsite, especially for our trips which now are about 12 days long -- no enjoyment being cramped in a hotel room (or 2 connecting rooms, which is what we always had) that long for us at all.

good luck finding your house -- it's a very fun thing to look for!

midwestdee said:

my mom said the same thing. why should we cook and clean on my vacation?!

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter