We won a trip to London!

aussiemickeys

Mouseketeer
Today we found out we had won a trip to London. Still pinching ourselves. My first thought was: Oh My God, my second thought was: Disneyland Paris (lol).

So any thoughts, tips on London, Paris & Disneyland Paris would be greatly welcomed. We have been to Disneyland Paris once before back in either 1993 or 1994 (when it was called EuroDisney), when there was only the one park. We stayed at the Hotel Cheyenne, but other than having a great 3 days at Disney, can not really remember too many specifics.

By the way it was a raffle ticket that we won on (& believe it or not, an overseas trip wasn't even the raffles 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize. It was one of their 'minor prizes'.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Congratulations!

Nice to find out that someone actually does win those prizes!

How long are you going for and when?

WOW WOW WOW :banana: * Jumps Up and Dances in Excitement for You* LOLLLLLLL:rotfl:

Thats the best news of the day. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

:tink::smickey::mickeyjum:sulley::dumbo::tigger:

Congratulations on the prize, How long do you think you will have at DLP? Seeing you havent been since Hollywood park was built you should have a look for sure. Its really only a half day park.

Thanks to everyone for your congratulations. We haven't really had a chance for it to sink in & make any decisions. Our initial thinking is that we will take about 15 days off work (which includes travel days) & spend 1 week in London (which is paid for as part of the prize!), 4 or 5 days at Disneyland Paris & 1 day in Paris itself. I am sure some people might be a bit horrified by our priorities (well maybe not so much on these boards), but at this point in time that is what is important to us.
Also thinking of going in May 2011, but would love feedback as to whether this is a good time to go or not. With our business, we can't take time off around Xmas or New Year, tax time or school holidays - it is just too hard to do. We were thinking May as it would be nicer weather (& are hoping this is not their school hols or major refurb time of the year).
Has anyone taken the train from London to the Disneyland resort? If so, how was it?

Thanks again!

Congratulations on the prize, How long do you think you will have at DLP? Seeing you havent been since Hollywood park was built you should have a look for sure. Its really only a half day park.
Are you kidding? :confused3

Thanks to everyone for your congratulations. We haven't really had a chance for it to sink in & make any decisions. Our initial thinking is that we will take about 15 days off work (which includes travel days) & spend 1 week in London (which is paid for as part of the prize!), 4 or 5 days at Disneyland Paris & 1 day in Paris itself. I am sure some people might be a bit horrified by our priorities (well maybe not so much on these boards), but at this point in time that is what is important to us.
Also thinking of going in May 2011, but would love feedback as to whether this is a good time to go or not. With our business, we can't take time off around Xmas or New Year, tax time or school holidays - it is just too hard to do. We were thinking May as it would be nicer weather (& are hoping this is not their school hols or major refurb time of the year).
Has anyone taken the train from London to the Disneyland resort? If so, how was it?

Thanks again!
CONGRATS!!!! :cool1::cool1:
I would spend more than one day in London but I think the 4-5 days for Paris disney and 1 in Paris is about right :thumbsup2

Because we got a great value week at the Marriott's Village d'lle-de-France through Interval International exchange we spent 7 nights there (in a 3 bedroom for the 'price' of a 2 bed:cloud9: ) and had a great time.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/fact-sheet/travel/PARDP

We got the Annual Pass because once you are over 3 days it is better value.

We went in Feb which was a little chilly but the crowds were still reasonable. Especially for Crush's Coaster which is AWESOME!
I spent a couple days at the Studios because with the shows and great rides it is great park. Animagique and Cinemagique are awesome.

We took a train into Paris for the day which worked great. We got a day ticket. We did all the main sites. Went to the very top of the eiffel, Arc de Triomphe etc, Louvre was open late so did that last.

We had a car and drove to Versailles one other day.

We also did the Night 3 hour tour which you can buy tickets for at the New York Hotel Concierge. It was a wonderful way to see the city at night 'safely'.

Back to London...I think 2 days would be better. British Museum is great and takes time to see.
Then there is Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Piccadily Circus, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Westminster Abbey, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, St Pauls Cathedral, Marble Arch, Downing Street, Whitehall, Globe Theatre, Royal Albert Hall.
Much of it is just 'looking' so doesn't take long.
We did some by train and then we also did a taxi tour which was AWESOME!!!
http://blacktaxitours.co.uk/
BLACK TAXI TOURS OF LONDON
Tel. +44 20 7935 9363

Congrats :cheer2: And that was a minor prize :eek: :eek: I can't even imagine what the big prizes were :rotfl:

I have nothing to share in regards to going but just wanted to share my congrats :dance3:

xxx

Thanks everyone,

Queenie we will be in London for 1 week. Thanks for info on what we should see. I will also check out the taxi tour when I have a little more time.

congrats on your win! I am spending a week in London this October, but I have to pay for it of course. :laughing: I was looking at the Frommer's guide book last night, and plan on hitting most of what was mentioned in queenie's post. I am waiting for Eurostar to post their schedule for late Oct early Nov, as I will be going to DLP for halloween. I have 5 days scheduled there before returning to London for a night before flying back to the US. I read in the Brit's Guide to DLP that there is a day trip to Paris from DLP also (the night trip was mentioned here). I am considering that since I will be alone on this trip.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!

:yay:

What an awesome prize!

How long do you think you will have at DLP? Seeing you havent been since Hollywood park was built you should have a look for sure. Its really only a half day park.

Are you kidding? :confused3

I agree. It's most definitely NOT a half-day park.

I read in the Brit's Guide to DLP that there is a day trip to Paris from DLP also (the night trip was mentioned here). I am considering that since I will be alone on this trip.

If you feel confident enough, it's really easy to do a day trip to Paris on your own. The city is a 40 minute train journey from DLP. If you would like some pointers, please let me know. Alternatively, you could post some questions over on the DLP board. :)

I agree. It's most definitely NOT a half-day park.

Maybe because i went in winter and I had walk on to most everything. I was pretty much done in 5 hours. The park really didnt impress me at all. Disney park is another story. You could spend many days there.

Maybe because i went in winter and I had walk on to most everything. I was pretty much done in 5 hours. The park really didnt impress me at all. Disney park is another story. You could spend many days there.

Ah right, are you talking about Walt Disney Studios? I thought you meant the whole resort! You're probably right, WDS is a half-day park at the moment.

If you pm me, I can send you a list of the places I go to in London and Paris, which are mainly food-oriented, but the list includes some fun museum and sight-seeing stops, too. I was in DLP in early May and had a great time. I only spent one day in Paris and am still kicking myself over it. I would take 3-4 days in DLP and 2-3 days in Paris, if you can. I used the TGV to get to the airport from DLP and it took only 12 minutes. If you can book that for all or part of your trip, it'll definitely cut down on your travel time.

Congratulations! Have a wonderful time!!

Wow! Congratulations!!! I am so jealous! can't help with tips but so happy for you.

Congratulations! Have you come down off the clouds yet?!! You're the 2nd person I 'know' now who has won an overseas trip. My SIL won a trip to Milan, which she and my brother took earlier this year.

Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter