We will MAGICally be home in time for Santa - Dec 15, 2012

....edit....Is weHEARTmickey part of the FE exchange? They do not appear on the list, but are going on the cruise. It is easy for me to add cabins/people, I just don't want to miss anyone...edit...

Thanks, TXTER2! No, we aren't participating in this FE. We knew we wouldn't have the time to get everything together. Thank you though! See you all in about 2 weeks!!! :banana:

weHEARTMickey - SO glad you'll be on board! Mums the word to Meredith. :-) Hope you have a great time at Disney!

we just got our cabin assignment today! I updated our information below. Since i am new at this...if it does not show up correctly, please feel free to correct txter2 in cabin 7632.

I am fine cutting off fe additions either 12/01 or 12/08. Is weheartmickey part of the fe exchange? They do not appear on the list, but are going on the cruise. It is easy for me to add cabins/people, i just don't want to miss anyone.

Updated list
1) beccadoby
cabin 2502
becki
linda (dm)
jonas (ds 15)
destiny (dd 11)

2) cctxgal
cabin 2068
whelan family
karen (dm)
barry (df)
kennedy (dd 8)

3) chrissyhomeschools4
cabin 5650/5648- hoping to move to connecting rooms- will post when we board if we move staterooms
jason (dh)
chrissy (me)
jason (ds-15)
meredith (dd-13)
matthew (ds-9)
andrew (ds-6)

4) texasbloke
cabin 7604
4 adults ladies cruise mom, sister, niece and me.
Ann maire
patty
melissa
jamie

5) mpower
cabin _____
1st disney cruise

6) deannakerr
cabin ______

7)seaulater
cabin 6058
linda (mom)
jamie (dd-20)
tori (sister to cabin 6570-17)
renee (grandmother to cabin 6570)

8) cabin 6609
dallon (son of cabin 6570 boy-21)
jake (son of cabin 6570 boy-18)
brian (friend of jake boy 17)
tayler (cousin to dallon and jake -21)

9) cabin-6570
daron-dad
melody-mom
kimber (dd-13)
calli (dd-6)

10) txter2
cabin 7632
teri
susan (dd 22) grad cruise

11) myblackowl
cabin gty (please fill in as soon as you get your assignment)
zoe (dd - 10)
ethan (ds - 1)

12)momcicle
cabin 6512
candace-dd
heather-dd
chris-ds

13)momcicle
cabin 8538
mitzi
john
[/quote]

[/QUOTE]

we just got our cabin assignment today! 2036

Updated list
1) beccadoby
cabin 2502
becki
linda (dm)
jonas (ds 15)
destiny (dd 11)

2) cctxgal
cabin 2068
whelan family
karen (dm)
barry (df)
kennedy (dd 8)

3) chrissyhomeschools4
cabin 5650/5648- hoping to move to connecting rooms- will post when we board if we move staterooms
jason (dh)
chrissy (me)
jason (ds-15)
meredith (dd-13)
matthew (ds-9)
andrew (ds-6)

4) texasbloke
cabin 7604
Ann maire
patty
melissa
jamie

5) mpower
cabin _____
1st disney cruise

6) deannakerr
cabin ______

7)seaulater
cabin 6058
linda (mom)
jamie (dd-20)
tori (sister to cabin 6570-17)
renee (grandmother to cabin 6570)

8) cabin 6609

9) cabin-6570
daron-dad
melody-mom
kimber (dd-13)
calli (dd-6)

10) txter2
cabin 7632
teri

11) myblackowl
cabin 2036
zoe (dd - 10)
ethan (ds - 1)

12)momcicle
cabin 6512
candace-dd
heather-dd
chris-ds

13)momcicle
cabin 8538
mitzi
john

Hi all,
My name is Marjorie
We're cruising Dec 15th with our 6 yr old grandson. Our first cruise but DVC for a few years now. I'm just learning about the FE so I guest we'll miss out this time. Any tips and ideals from you experienced cruisers will be appreciated. I do have one major concern. I m recovering from an illness and standing for long periods really cause me a lot of pain. Is there a lot of standing for the Parties and the check in,ect?
Thank you

Glad to see everyone is getting their staterooms. Been working on FE gifts today. I am fine with 12/8 being cutoff. I have moved Renee from my room to Smiths and Kimber from Smith's to me. No worries, if gifts get to wrong place.

Updated list
1) beccadoby
cabin 2502
becki
linda (dm)
jonas (ds 15)
destiny (dd 11)

2) cctxgal
cabin 2068
whelan family
karen (dm)
barry (df)
kennedy (dd 8)

3) chrissyhomeschools4
jason (dh)
chrissy (me)
jason (ds-15)
meredith (dd-13)
matthew (ds-9)
andrew (ds-6)

4) texasbloke
cabin 7604
Ann maire
patty
melissa
jamie

5) mpower
cabin _____
1st disney cruise

6) deannakerr
cabin ______

7)seaulater
cabin 6058
linda (mom)
jamie (dd-20)
tori (daughter to cabin 6570-17)
kimber (daughter to cabin 6570-13)

8) cabin 6609

9) cabin-6570
daron-dad
melody-mom
renee (mother to Daron, grandma to kids in 6609, 6570 and 6058)
calli (dd-6)

10) txter2
cabin 7632
teri

11) myblackowl
cabin 2036
zoe (dd - 10)
ethan (ds - 1)

12)momcicle
cabin 6512
candace-dd
heather-dd
chris-ds

13)momcicle
cabin 8538
mitzi
john

Hi all,
My name is Marjorie
We're cruising Dec 15th with our 6 yr old grandson. Our first cruise but DVC for a few years now. I'm just learning about the FE so I guest we'll miss out this time. Any tips and ideals from you experienced cruisers will be appreciated. I do have one major concern. I m recovering from an illness and standing for long periods really cause me a lot of pain. Is there a lot of standing for the Parties and the check in,ect?
Thank you

Welcome aboard! I'm a DVC member too, love to cruise on DCL.

My mom has a hard time standing also and she has never had a problem with finding a place to sit. I haven't been to the Galveston port before, but all the other ports have had seats in them while you wait, so shouldn't be an issue. At the deck party, you should be able to find a seat on deck 9, same with the pirate party. You may just need to get there a few minutes early. If not, don't hesitate to ask a cast member to assist you. They will be happy to locate a chair for you. For dinner, don't get there early, wait about 5 minutes after your dinner time and then you will be able to walk directly into the dining rooms without the long lines. Let your server know so he can have someone help you to your dining table.

If we can answer any more questions, ask away!

chrissyhomeschools4
Hi! I see we have 2 kids close in age so they will be in the Edge & Vibe together.
My DS is 15
DD will be 12 in Feb.

I homeschool my 15 yr old.
We homeschooled my oldest through High school. He is 20 & in college now.
My DD wanted to try "regular school" this year.

But thank you from the bottom of my heart! I love the DIS :lovestruc Do you normally do gift baskets & things like that? I've considered doing this for my clients who are traveling to WDW, instead of boring old gift cards.

No problem at all! We live about an hour away but are in Orlando 1 or 2 times a week. My son is doing an internship with Disney and actually works at MK.

I have several things I do for the orlando trips. From Orlando coupon books, GC, resturant certificates, gifts, etc... so it varies.

Have fun at WDW!
We went to orlando's slueth's dinner show Wed. night for my DS's bday. Afterwards, he updated me on everything WDW.
The NEW TT is awesome. New pirates attraction is lame. LM is very comparable to PP. Osborn lights is awesome as always. MVMCP is also awesome as always.
Thank goodness you are going now (LOW crowds are amazing!)

Hi all,
My name is Marjorie
Thank you

At checkin, arrive early. If for some reason there is a line for your check-in, just speak to a CM, they will assist you.
other than that, Im sorry I cant give you more advice on check -in.
This will be our first DCL cruise that departs GAL.
We always cruise from PC and DCL has the best terminal there!

On the first afternoon, leave early for drill esp if you have a long walk / several stairs.
If you leave before the drill actually starts, you can use the elevators.

Can you get a note from your DR? If so, get that. You never know, it might come in handy for some reason or another.

You still have time to join the FE if you want!
I see no one is opposed to the cutoff being Dec. 8th, so we will go with that!
Just copy and paste the list and add your names / cabin #

My mom has a hard time standing also and she has never had a problem with finding a place to sit. I haven't been to the Galveston port before, but all the other ports have had seats in them while you wait, so shouldn't be an issue. At the deck party, you should be able to find a seat on deck 9, same with the pirate party. You may just need to get there a few minutes early. If not, don't hesitate to ask a cast member to assist you. They will be happy to locate a chair for you. For dinner, don't get there early, wait about 5 minutes after your dinner time and then you will be able to walk directly into the dining rooms without the long lines. Let your server know so he can have someone help you to your dining table.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hey everyone!!! I have a favor to ask. I think you guys are the first 6 nt I see out of Galvaston and I was wondering if someone can save the navagators and post them when you return or at least email them for me. We are on a 6 nt in Feb and my girls are going crazy to see if their fav activities are in the clubs again. Thanks to anyone who can. Have a great cruise and save some Magic for me...LOL

There are a lot of seats in the terminal, I did not see anyone standing up without a chair.

My mom has the same issue. We are bringing a walker with a seat so if she needs to seat because of lines she can. I think she will be fine. The tips above were great too.

Hey everyone!!! I have a favor to ask. I think you guys are the first 6 nt I see out of Galvaston and I was wondering if someone can save the navagators and post them when you return or at least email them for me. We are on a 6 nt in Feb and my girls are going crazy to see if their fav activities are in the clubs again. Thanks to anyone who can. Have a great cruise and save some Magic for me...LOL

I save them and take pics also.
Will be more than happy to email them to you! :goodvibes

beccadoby said:
I save them and take pics also.
Will be more than happy to email them to you! :goodvibes

Thank you soooo much. The DD's and their friends will be so happy...they are planning...lol so much they have done alone but can't wait to share the fun.

This time next week we should be getting closer and closer to Galveston. Hopefully we will be between Dallas and Houston about now!

Can't wait for this cruise, it is going to be a great pre-Christmas activity!

This time next week we should be getting closer and closer to Galveston. Hopefully we will be between Dallas and Houston about now!

Can't wait for this cruise, it is going to be a great pre-Christmas activity!

:banana:
My DD has a half day on Friday. So as soon as I pick her up from school, we are headed to orlando airport! Our flight is not until 6pm.
We are flying into houston and have the DCL hotel pre cruise package.
I'm kinda worried about the DCL transportation from houston to GAL terminal the next day.
I am accustomed to driving to port canaveral and arriving at the terminal early. I have a feeling we will be getting on the Magic late (well, late in my eyes)

Other than that, we are READY!
:woohoo:

Has anyone called to see what movies are playing?
No, but when we were on the Dream last month, they showed Lincoln at 12:01 am opening day and then we watched Wreck it Ralph the next afternoon.

Hope everyone is doing well. We're trying to finish our FE gifts. Does anyone have more info on mpower and deannakerr?
Also, if anyone changes cabins at check in, what is the best way for everyone to get the new cabin number?
I called DCL and subject to change (and my memory) the movies showing are:
Toy Story 3 in 3D, Tangled in 3D, Brave (regular and 3D), Chimpanzee, Wreck it Ralph, Lincoln, People like Us, Avengers and The Odd Life of Timothy Green.

Hope everyone is doing well. We're trying to finish our FE gifts. Does anyone have more info on mpower and deannakerr?
Also, if anyone changes cabins at check in, what is the best way for everyone to get the new cabin number?
Toy Story 3 in 3D, Tangled in 3D, Brave (regular and 3D), Chimpanzee, Wreck it Ralph, Lincoln, People like Us, Avengers and The Odd Life of Timothy Green.

I have not seen any information posted on mpower or dennakerr either. I have made FE gifts for their rooms and packed today. HOpefully they will post this week.

In the past, someone has put a post on their stateroom door for stateroom changes and updates. I am happy to do that if there are changes, and people just need to come by my room (6058) and write their disboard name and their new stateroom number

Went to Epcot & Hollywood yesterday. Had a great time with the kids.
My son who is doing the internship got to spend most of the day with us before he had to head over to work the Christmas party at MK.
:lovestruc
Got to ride my fav ride, TT for the first time after the reopening.
Osbourn lights were awesome of course.
Also did the new Jack sparrow attraction at hollywood. They did a great job on Jack's hollogram!

I have FE gifts for those cabins also. :confused3 Hope they come back to reply before FRiday.

We have been holding off on going to see wreck it and lincoln. ;)

In the past, someone has put a post on their stateroom door for stateroom changes and updates. I am happy to do that if there are changes, and people just need to come by my room (6058) and write their disboard name and their new stateroom number

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter