We used CruiseCompete…

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by WeDisney4, May 21, 2010.

1. WeDisney4

WeDisney4 Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2 Thanks to the advice here, I turned to cruisecompete for our first cruise. And 3 of the 4 quotes are within less than $15 of each other. But the 4th is ½ the cost!! :woohoo: How can this be? :confused: Could they have exclusive rights to the worst cabin on the ship :scared1: or does it have to be a mistake?

I have a call in w/ my concerns, and just couldn’t wait so I turned to the experts ~ is this too good to be true, will we get what we paid for???

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. njmomtoone

njmomtoone Mouseketeer

We used one from there..which company? We used one from there and can share my experience. My email is tricia@geninfoserv.com if you wnat to discuss.

4. kkmcan

kkmcan Official Mouse Fan

This happened to me as well thru cruisecompete. I put in for quotes for the DCL Mexican Riviera and got a bunch of quotes that were all pretty much the same and then one that was half the cost. I was so excited and got the okay from dh to book. Although I was pretty sure there was a problem with the quote since disney does not discount cruises at all.

I called and the agent told me she forgot to put kids in when she was getting the quote. She resent me a new quote and it was right there with the rest of the quotes. But she offered a much better on board credit than the rest.

If you have kids they might not have been added to the quote price by mistake.

5. keishashadow

keishashadow Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!

OP not sure of the policy on all cruiselines, believe most allow u to book it directly with the line, then flip it to a TA within 30 days of original booking...certainly, one should ask.;)

i then list it for bids on cruisecompete, nobody was ever able to beat my existing rate on DCL, NCL or CCL by more than $50, just not worth it to lose control of the res for us as once u book w/a TA all communication must then go thru the TA. We had an issue with instead of an excursion being cancelled the whole cruise was less than a week prior to sale date on NCL when booked thru a large online TA...never again

ive cancelled cruises & rebooked (several times:rolleyes1) when i saw a more interesting deal, many luv dealing w/TAs i guess it's just a personal preference.

i'd ask if rate includes port taxes & fees, any extra commission and what the TAs policy is re cancellation/fees.

You could be quoted a guarantee cabin, part of a group or non-cancellable promo (as in early saver for CCL, with hefty penalties to rebook)

good luck

6. mjkacmom

mjkacmom DIS Veteran

Just a FYI, I would never book a cabin without having the deck plans up on my computer, so I could see where it was (ie - not under the gym). Is it a guarantee cabin? Those are always a gamble.

7. michellejed

michellejed DIS Veteran

I would be real careful to not get every thing in writing and even then it can and will go wrong.

We booked with an on line company and when I checked to see if we were actually booked I found out we were charged more then what was quoted, I called the agent and they said sorry but they were no longer able to give us the price quoted because the cruise line wasn't giving that rate any more:mad:

We would incure an additional charge if we wanted to change any thing at all and were never given discounts when the cruise line reduced their rates.

I will only book with the cruise line from now on. I am sure there are a lot of good companies out there and it doesn't mean you will not get a good deal, just be warned.

8. Darcy03231

Darcy03231 DIS Veteran

I've used Cruise Compete several times and never had an issue, but I've never had one quote come in at 1/2 the price of the others. The most has been about $150 plus some extras (on board credit, free bottle of wine, etc.).