We took the kids to WDW! - All done, Now Bonus features! Festival of Holidays 2/23

When this happens, I will need 3 weeks notice. And I can commit now as long as it's not during our trip to Guam next year.

Trader Sams, Carsland, and y'all are my priorities.

When this happens, I will need 3 weeks notice. And I can commit now as long as it's not during our trip to Guam next year.

Trader Sams, Carsland, and y'all are my priorities.

I don't know if he was talking about 2017, but if so, the Grand Prix takes place April 7-9 next year so days at DL would either be before the 7th or after the 9th. Don't know when your Guam trip is scheduled for, but I'm here then. My only plans in April are weekends at the VGC starting the weekend after Easter!

I always have trouble getting to bed early, but I rarely have be up early for much of anything so that's why I have so much trouble with getting up early when I need to!

I was hoping to sleep in this morning. But I was still up before 8. ugh.

Google says 20 miles. Generally it's about 27-32 minutes, but I have made it as quickly as 23 minutes on a day without traffic.

Not bad at all.

That works. When you go to DL, you'll want to stay nearby, like at one of the Good Neighbor hotels. I will certainly come out during the day to spread pixie dust, but I don't do rope drop when traveling from home. Also I won't be able to keep up late night hours. My idea of a trip to the park is 5-6 hours, even an 8 hour day kills me. That way you be there at rope drop and close the park down.

I would never expect you to do anything outside your comfort zone. I hate to impose... ever.
That's why I never ask for DISmeets with people in the cities that I visit. It just feels like I'm taking advantage and I don't like doing that.
"Oh! You live in _______ wanna meet?" It feels like I'm forcing you to meet.

But when people say "Hey! You're coming to my town! Let's meet!" then I'm all over that.

It is pretty big to put in your luggage, unless you have four oversized suitcases!

I think luggage space won't be an issue for me this trip.

Okay, going to wrap it up soon, so I'll look at your update later.
But.

It definitely won't be 2017 then. Kay's 16th is this year and I'm taking her to Florida for Spring Break (she wants to see Universal and a couple other things, non-Disney). Spring break here is the last week of March.

I would never expect you to do anything outside your comfort zone. I hate to impose... ever.
That's why I never ask for DISmeets with people in the cities that I visit. It just feels like I'm taking advantage and I don't like doing that.

But when people say "Hey! You're coming to my town! Let's meet!" then I'm all over that

If you were in Long Beach for the Grand Prix and we didn't make arrangements to get together I would feel slighted. At least we would make arrangements to get together at a restaurant, but I might even invite you over for a home cooked meal (depending on how messy and atrocious our house was at the time). Although I might worry that my cooking standards were not up to that of yours!

If you were in Long Beach for the Grand Prix and we didn't make arrangements to get together I would feel slighted.

Oh! I'd definitely let you know I was coming and ask to meet you.
Because you've already asked!
But if I'd said "I'm going to DL!" and didn't hear from you or you never said anything... then I wouldn't ask.

At least we would make arrangements to get together at a restaurant, but I might even invite you over for a home cooked meal (depending on how messy and atrocious our house was at the time). Although I might worry that my cooking standards were not up to that of yours!

Oh, pish. I'm quite sure your cooking is far better than mine, from what you've said you cook.
And I've said this before... and often.
I don't care if the best you can do is burned toast. If I get invited out, that means a break from me cooking!

Anyway, last post for the night. Hitting the hay! g'night!

Enjoyed the day at DL. I haven't seen the overlay of HM but I am so in love with it as it is I would get a little 'haunted' by the repeat every year. Its like at WDW the castle looks real pretty at Christmas but that crane goes up in September. Come on...

Cool re Soarin looking forward to that. Be cool if they varied the movie between original and new like Star Tours mixes it up so you don't know which sequence you will get!

It must have been nice to see your friends. Great group photo! Love that ladies Empire t shirt!

the last time we were there was for the Premiere of Frozen back in May! The Horror!

:faint:

I had DIS friends who were coming into town the third weekend in August and I had arranged to meet them several different days while they were visiting.

Wow. That's really nice of you.

In fact that week I was at Disney 5 out of 7 days.

Dudette! VIP treatment indeed!

but now half the year the attraction is NBC

While I'd love to see it, half a year is a bit much.
I love the classic HM too much.

but I actually got a few shots in there that I haven’t been able to get before. Not the stretching room portraits, but on the ride itself.

Nice shots!
This one (below) is my fave, though.

That little "Around the World" sign tickles me for some reason.

I won’t spoil anything for those of you who have not been on it, I really enjoyed it, but was missing the old version as soon as we were exiting the ride. What I thought was especially well done was the transitions between the sequences. I can’t wait to ride it again!

Good to know! I'm hoping to get to see it this trip.

Someone’s chill pill was overreacting!

:laughing:

Everyone lived Happily Ever After in Arrendell and it was all hunky dory.

Looked like a pretty good show!

I’ve said this before, but I don’t want to give away the surprises, but at least wanted to show how cool it was.

Of course it was cool. It's Frozen.

I was starving so I ordered this queso with chips. No one else seemed to be hungry and I ended up eating the whole thing myself. It was really hot when it came and I actually burned my mouth on the first bite and it plagued me for almost two weeks after this day! :sad2:

Ugh. I hate when that happens. Done it myself a few times. You'd think we'd learn, but nooooooooo.

After our first drink with the Diamond Ice Cube Leshaface’s DH wanted his sphere Ice Cube. So he got the bartender to make us some.

I didn't know they made them to order!

Before we said goodnight, we all took a group photo.

Good looking group.

It definitely won't be 2017 then. Kay's 16th is this year and I'm taking her to Florida for Spring Break (she wants to see Universal and a couple other things, non-Disney). Spring break here is the last week of March.

OK, good to know. I have no plans beyond October 27-November 10, 2017 and even those are up in the air until we get out of Apt #1. I'm not allowed to plan anything until we get out. The above mentioned trip is a reward, if we finish.

That being said, I checked to see if the 2018 dates for the Grand Prix had been set and they have! It's Friday the 13th through Sunday the 15th. Also if DCA continues its Food and Wine weekends Festival, that would probably be going on at that time, as Easter falls on April 1 and DCA does the F&W after Easter to boost attendance.

Oh! I'd definitely let you know I was coming and ask to meet you.
Because you've already asked!
But if I'd said "I'm going to DL!" and didn't hear from you or you never said anything... then I wouldn't ask.

Well consider me asked.

Oh, pish. I'm quite sure your cooking is far better than mine, from what you've said you cook.
And I've said this before... and often.
I don't care if the best you can do is burned toast. If I get invited out, that means a break from me cooking!

Well you would be on vacation so you wouldnt be cooking anyways, but I'm hoping by the time you come, we have our house in order and I wouldn't be embarrassed to allow guests inside.

As far as cooking, I just get bored easily. When I was young and poor, I couldn't afford to eat out for all the exotic things I wanted to try, so I read cookbooks and experimented. I still do that since Fran is often too tired to go out anywhere.

Enjoyed the day at DL. I haven't seen the overlay of HM but I am so in love with it as it is I would get a little 'haunted' by the repeat every year. Its like at WDW the castle looks real pretty at Christmas but that crane goes up in September. Come on...

The overlay version of the HM is already open. I'll have to go ride it at least once to see how they changed it from last year, but I don't like the song nearly as much as the original, nor the bright colors.

Cool re Soarin looking forward to that. Be cool if they varied the movie between original and new like Star Tours mixes it up so you don't know which sequence you will get!

That would be cool if they offered an option to see the old one. I already miss it!

It must have been nice to see your friends. Great group photo! Love that ladies Empire t shirt!

Great to see old friends and meet new ones!

See your update and all the Meet chatter....

Off to church, but will be spending time here this afternoon. My house is utterly devoid of anything that resembles food too, so I guess I'll shop first too.

Last edited:
I have no plans beyond October 27-November 10, 2017 and even those are up in the air until we get out of Apt #1. I'm not allowed to plan anything until we get out. The above mentioned trip is a reward, if we finish.

Not a bad reward.

I checked to see if the 2018 dates for the Grand Prix had been set and they have!

Already?!?!? I'm shocked. Usually the schedule doesn't come out that early. I guess maybe for some venues it is and for others it's not.

It's Friday the 13th through Sunday the 15th. Also if DCA continues its Food and Wine weekends Festival, that would probably be going on at that time, as Easter falls on April 1 and DCA does the F&W after Easter to boost attendance.

Oh really! Lady, you're making this hard to say no to.

Well consider me asked.

::yes::

Plus, as an added thought, there are people like yourself whom I've come to "know" a little bit better than others. Someone posts once or twice on my TR would probably dread me saying "Hey! Wanna meet!"

Well you would be on vacation so you wouldnt be cooking anyways, but I'm hoping by the time you come, we have our house in order and I wouldn't be embarrassed to allow guests inside.

True, but... never let a dirty house dissuade you from offering me food.

Never.

As far as cooking, I just get bored easily. When I was young and poor, I couldn't afford to eat out for all the exotic things I wanted to try, so I read cookbooks and experimented. I still do that since Fran is often too tired to go out anywhere.

I can see that. Right now, I'm in a rut. Too tired to experiment.

A very nice day at the parks with the DISer friends. I can't wait to see HMH at the DLR this year and see the new gingerbread house. I can't wait to go next weekend to see the Halloween season. I am interested in seeing how AP DAYS will be like. Hopefully they will have the AP merchandise back in.

I see from your spot that you were able to get the back area of the Orchestra seating area in the middle which is a great spot where you watch the show.

Very nice group picture.

In fact that week I was at Disney 5 out of 7 days.

WOW! Fabulous that you can do that! (I miss those days.)

but now half the year the attraction is NBC,

Well, that's a bit much. No, that's a lot too much. Totally takes the novelty out of it, and destroys the completely wonderful original.

IMG_0352.jpg

Never get tired of that view! Ever. Total throwback to my childhood in Hemet.

I’m not going to go see it on my own just to see it, but if any of you come to town, and want to see it, I will try to do my best to get you great seats to see it.

I'M IN!!!

I actually burned my mouth on the first bite and it plagued me for almost two weeks after this day! :sad2:

Yeah... been there and done that. I did it last week. I am in such a hurry to wolf down my lunch at work that I forget it's come right out of the microwave and HOT!

I really love this shot- artistically speaking. It really shows the heart of the employee... I dunno, just love everything about it. Good one!

The drinks were much better with the Sphere ice cube.

Oh, no doubt!! LOL!

I don't know if he was talking about 2017, but if so, the Grand Prix takes place April 7-9 next year so days at DL would either be before the 7th or after the 9th. Don't know when your Guam trip is scheduled for, but I'm here then. My only plans in April are weekends at the VGC starting the weekend after Easter!

Looks like he let us know... I may have to go somewhere (DLR or WDW) before that, but would love to do both- something before AND with you guys. I"m maybe the most flexible, so keep me posted.

I don't think most of us here would feel that way. But yes, it's best to be the one to ask/invite if you're the local.

If you were in Long Beach for the Grand Prix and we didn't make arrangements to get together I would feel slighted.

As would I. Well, in Salem that is.

See your update and all the Meet chatter....

Off to church, but will be spending time here this afternoon. My house is utterly devoid of anything that resembles food too, so I guess I'll shop first too.

How does that happen? I guess I have enough freezer space that if nothing else we have meat or poultry to fall back on. Even fish fillets from Trader Joe's. I also keep a good supply of frozen veggies for those times when I am just too tired to prepare fresh. When the big one haopens in LA I'll need you all to come over and help me grill the turkeys, hams, chickens, trip tips, prime ribs and skirt steaks over the coals as we won't have gas to grill then or freezer power to keep them cold!

Already?!?!? I'm shocked. Usually the schedule doesn't come out that early. I guess maybe for some venues it is and for others it's not.

I found it on the City of Long Beach website. Since it on the streets and not a venue, they probably plan it two years in advance.

Oh really! Lady, you're making this hard to say no to.

Well good! I bet you would have a whole gaggle of ladies coming out to join you by 2018!

Plus, as an added thought, there are people like yourself whom I've come to "know" a little bit better than others. Someone posts once or twice on my TR would probably dread me saying "Hey! Wanna meet!"

I was wary about meeting up with folks on the DIS at first. But I have had nothing but good experiences with my DIS meets. I had my first opportunity quite a few years ago but I was afraid since I had never met anyone from the DIS. She and her family came to Long Beach. But we were in Anaheim that weekend. We didn’t meet up. But one year later we did meet with her family and since then we met several times after that and they have even stayed at our house.

I consider her a good friend even if we don't keep in as close of contact as we did a few years ago.

True, but... never let a dirty house dissuade you from offering me food.

Never.

I would never worry about it being dirty. That's a given, it's the whole hoarders factor! :lmao: really not lmao. I hope we have got rid of a lot of this stuff we have no where to display.

I can see that. Right now, I'm in a rut. Too tired to experiment.

Me too. I was like that until the last trip. Plus I promised Fran on our Dream cruise that I wouldn't make "real" dinners, and we saw how that worked. I ended up at my heaviest weight ever. Now I'm losing almost half a pound a day just by not eating a lot. If I lose enough I may be able to drop some meds!

A very nice day at the parks with the DISer friends. I can't wait to see HMH at the DLR this year and see the new gingerbread house. I can't wait to go next weekend to see the Halloween season. I am interested in seeing how AP DAYS will be like. Hopefully they will have the AP merchandise back in.

I'm not sure how the whole AP Days stuff works but if you clue me in when it opens, we might be able to coordinate our days out there.

I see from your spot that you were able to get the back area of the Orchestra seating area in the middle which is a great spot where you watch the show.

Very nice group picture.

Yes we were able to get my favorite spot for the Frozen show and we could finally see the chandelier.

WOW! Fabulous that you can do that! (I miss those days.)

I'm glad I can do it, but boy did it kill me for going out there that many days.

Well, that's a bit much. No, that's a lot too much. Totally takes the novelty out of it, and destroys the completely wonderful original.

Yeah September through January is way too long.

Never get tired of that view! Ever. Total throwback to my childhood in Hemet.

So are you that young that you were a kid when DCA opened? :confused3

I'M IN!!!

You're totally on the list! With or without pkondz we'll totally do it up when you come! Bring the family, we're all there!

Yeah... been there and done that. I did it last week. I am in such a hurry to wolf down my lunch at work that I forget it's come right out of the microwave and HOT!

Yeah, doesn't that suck?

I really love this shot- artistically speaking. It really shows the heart of the employee... I dunno, just love everything about it. Good one!

You're so right! I didn't even realize how proud he was of that sphere!

Oh, no doubt!! LOL!

Looks like he let us know... I may have to go somewhere (DLR or WDW) before that, but would love to do both- something before AND with you guys. I"m maybe the most flexible, so keep me posted.

We'll all definitely keep posted, neither of us would want yo uh to miss it!

I don't think most of us here would feel that way. But yes, it's best to be the one to ask/invite if you're the local.

However you can alway put it out there..."Hey I'm going to... anyone close enough want to meet up?" You may be surprised at how many Southwestern US folks who might drive to see you!

So are you that young that you were a kid when DCA opened? :confused3

Headed to bed (very early morning for work) but just really quick... no, I mean real life scene from downtown Hemet growing up. It was a lot like that with the palm tree lined "Florida Ave.", our lit up marquee on the theater, etc... I really miss what SoCal used to be. <sigh>

I found it on the City of Long Beach website. Since it on the streets and not a venue, they probably plan it two years in advance.

Makes sense. Plus they know it's coming. Same with Toronto and a few other venues. Some... not so much.

Well good! I bet you would have a whole gaggle of ladies coming out to join you by 2018!

Ooh la la! :laughing:

I was wary about meeting up with folks on the DIS at first. But I have had nothing but good experiences with my DIS meets. I had my first opportunity quite a few years ago but I was afraid since I had never met anyone from the DIS. She and her family came to Long Beach. But we were in Anaheim that weekend. We didn’t meet up. But one year later we did meet with her family and since then we met several times after that and they have even stayed at our house.

I consider her a good friend even if we don't keep in as close of contact as we did a few years ago.

::yes:: I've had a few and met nothing but good people.

I would never worry about it being dirty. That's a given, it's the whole hoarders factor! :lmao:

You're probably not as bad as my Dad! So no worries!

really not lmao. I hope we have got rid of a lot of this stuff we have no where to display.

Ruby has a rule. If we haven't used something in er... uh... I think it's 5? 2? years... whatever, if it ain't used, it goes.

Me too. I was like that until the last trip. Plus I promised Fran on our Dream cruise that I wouldn't make "real" dinners, and we saw how that worked. I ended up at my heaviest weight ever. Now I'm losing almost half a pound a day just by not eating a lot. If I lose enough I may be able to drop some meds!

Not bad! Good luck with that!
I need to get on the weight loss thing, too. Just sooo busy and burned out, my motivation is pretty much rock bottom.

Day 10

Bungalow check out day.

We got all the suitcases packed up, divvied up what was left of the groceries, zip tied the owner's locker and called Bell Services at the height of their rush hour.

It was about 11:20 when they came to pick up the bags. We explained the confusion of where the bags were going. Fran and I were staying one more night at the Polynesian in a studio Villa, where as Jim and Alberto had a Standard View Studio at Kidani. I was amazed that I found that only a week or so before we all left!

Jim and Alberto rode on the golf cart with the bellman to the front and we started to scoot on. In the craziness of getting everything packed up, I hadn’t looked at my phone in over an hour. I pulled it out just to see if I had received any interesting texts or emails, and an hour earlier I had received the text that our room was ready!!!! At 10:20AM! So we hightailed it to the bell desk and found our guy. He hadn't even unloaded the bags off the golf cart yet so we caught him in time. We were in 1120 Pago Pago.
Check out day is a sad day, but the fact that you are right back in another room makes it so much better. Glad you looked at the phone while you still had access to the luggage.

Beautiful flowers at the Poly!
Yes they are.
The room and the grounds are beautiful.

Fran called Jim and Alberto in case they wanted to use our room at all that day while they were waiting for theirs to be ready. They stopped by and got one of our extra MBs so they could get into the room if necessary.

I had FP+ at DHS for TSMM, ToT and Star Tours. I even made one with Jim’s MB for RnRC, but it had been quite a week with lots of stimuli. That combined with the fact that it was nearly noon, and I had a slight ulterior motive, those three factors made me question as to whether or not we wanted to stay the course, or come up with a new plan.

In the end, Fran and I had decided to go to MK since I never got my ride on the Peoplemover or the Carousel of Progress, two things that I really wanted to do this trip. The guys were going to MK to catch a bus to AKL so we all rode together for one last ride on the Monorail as a group.

When we entered MK, Fran wanted to take a trip through the Emporium, and we didn't buy anything! We stopped for a PP photo.
I can't remember the last time I was on the people mover or the carousel of progress, must have been around the 1990's.
Then we got on the Peoplemover. I couldn't even remember the last time I was on this ride!
I hear this is the obligatory shot.
I see there were not that many on the people mover?

Now I’m going to give you a little fun fact here. Most of you probably know that the Carousel of Progress was created for the 1964 World’s Fair. And I'm sure many of you know that CoP was moved to Disneyland after the fair was over as were several other attractions. Now in researching this segment I found this interesting (the rest of you probably couldn't care less), but the attraction was moved with only minor changes, and one was removing all references to General Electric's "now passe" Gold Medallion Home. The reason I found this humorous is that the CoP opened in 1967, and the home (that I keep saying we need to get cleaned up and rented) as a Gold Medallion "all electric home" was built in 1969 by Fran's parents. So they built an apartment building that was already obsolete!
What makes it a Gold Medallion home?

[Continued from Previous Post]

So just a little more history here. In the 1970s GE started to think that they were not getting the bang for their advertising buck as most of the people going to Disneyland were Californians and most were repeat visitors. They asked Disney to relocate the attraction to the newly opened Magic Kingdom. In the move, the theater dropped the Kaleidephonic Screens that the attraction previous had and we got the shiny silver curtain. Evidently they were hard to maintain. They also had the Sherman Brothers write a new song, “The Best Time of Your Life” for the aging attraction. This was replaced with a modern version of “It’s a Great big Beautiful Tomorrow” in 1993 when the attraction had a major refurb.
I know I have not been on this since 1990... It either looks different or I just don't remember it at all.
After our little trip down memory lane, both of us were starting to get hungry so we talked about dining options. I would have loved to try Skipper Canteen, but I knew Fran was in the camp of wanting the menu to change, so I kept quiet on that one. I did not relish getting a QS meal at any of the options. She suggested Liberty Tavern and I thought they served a "Buffet at your table" style meal, but it turns out that's only for dinner. On our phones we were able to get a reservation at 2:20 and it was 1:45, so perfect!

We made our way to Liberty Square via a couple shops, and still no purchases! When we went to check in at the podium the couple in front of us were trying to do a "walk up" and the CM told them that they were only seating reservations. Score for us!
Great job you too!!!

Lunch look ssooooo good.

It was 10 minutes to 3PM, and Trader Sams opened at 4PM, I was hoping we could get in there for a drink before we had to leave for our dinner reservation. By the time we got back to the resort it was 20 to 4PM and Fran pointed out that she would not be hungry at dinner. I noted that they would charge us $10 each if we didn't show up. We found the phone number online and called the restaurant directly. I had her talk to them as she is much better at telling people bad news, unfortunate details, or outright lies. She got us off the hook for our Boathouse reservation so we were clear to spend the rest of the evening drinking!
Great job Fran! another score.

[Continued from Previous Post]

I picked up a pager at Trader Sams and got in line. Not only is rope drop a good strategy for the parks, but if you want a seat in the bar, you need to get there right at opening. We noticed that several parties had one drink and left. That's not surprising considering the high price tag on most of the drinks. Seats started to open up again close to 5PM, so if you don’t make it right at opening, you might want to pace yourself and give it a little time. Some ambience shots.
Great advice for us, pace yourself and give yourself time. I think the last time we were so hot and thirsty, we drank our drinks so fast, and felt a little too happy when we left.

Love your drink glass collection!
They were doing this fire ceremony as we were heading back to the room.
this looks like fun, how was it?

It had been a long long time since we had been out to Disneyland, very possibly, the last time we were there was for the Premiere of Frozen back in May!

Whoa. Were you going through withdrawal?

It turns out that the first day that I went out there was the last day that the Haunted Mansion was going to be open for a while. It was going down the next day to install the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay. I’m a little sick of that, at first it was a cute novelty, but now half the year the attraction is NBC, and that gets a bit tiresome, after however many years they have been doing it.

I can see where that would be tiresome. Especially if it's more than seasonal now.

I won’t spoil anything for those of you who have not been on it, I really enjoyed it, but was missing the old version as soon as we were exiting the ride. What I thought was especially well done was the transitions between the sequences. I can’t wait to ride it again!

I can't wait to experience the new version...someday.

It is a great show with all the effects of a Broadway style show.

Cool! I'm glad that if they had to replace Aladdin, they at least did it with a quality show.

@Leshafaces’s DH got the Manhattan with the Diamond Ice cube. He wasn’t happy. If you’ve seen my previous TRs you know that they used to have a spherical ice cube and her DH was totally enthralled with that ice cube.

I don't blame him! The sphere is way cool!

After our first drink with the Diamond Ice Cube Leshaface’s DH wanted his sphere Ice Cube. So he got the bartender to make us some.

Nice. That's better.

Before we said goodnight, we all took a group photo.

Nice meet-up!

Loved your quick day to Disneyland! I'm looking forward to seeing the new Frozen show when I'm there in Nov.!

but if any of you come to town, and want to see it, I will try to do my best to get you great seats to see it.

Well, now that you mentioned it.... I will be there Nov. 26 - 28th :)

I'm coming by myself because I'm tagging along (again!) on someone else's trip. I'm meeting one of my Disboard 2-D friends, Kylie71 and her sister for the first time. I, like you and other people on here, have met a few people from Disboards and they all have turned out to be extremely
nice, normal people who love Disney!!

I missed commenting on this post, so I'm catching it now.

While I'd love to see it, half a year is a bit much.
I love the classic HM too much.

Well, maybe it's not quite half the year but it starts in September and goes all the way until January. It goes down in August and comes back around late January/early February, so yeah, half the year.

Good to know! I'm hoping to get to see it this trip.

I would expect you should see it!

Of course it was cool. It's Frozen.

:sad2:

Ugh. I hate when that happens. Done it myself a few times. You'd think we'd learn, but nooooooooo.

I think that's what starvation can do for you.

I didn't know they made them to order!

When they are standard in the drinks, they keep a drawer full of them for backup, but these are both drinks that used to be made tableside, and they would bring the machine and beverages to your table and do the whole presentation for you. I would always order one of these for my guests so that they could see the process.

Headed to bed (very early morning for work) but just really quick... no, I mean real life scene from downtown Hemet growing up. It was a lot like that with the palm tree lined "Florida Ave.", our lit up marquee on the theater, etc... I really miss what SoCal used to be. <sigh>

I didn't move to So Cal until '83, but I remember NorCal before it turned into Silicon Valley. There were actually orchards and stuff!

Makes sense. Plus they know it's coming. Same with Toronto and a few other venues. Some... not so much.

It is the #1 money maker for the city (hotel taxes, other taxes and fees to use the Rainbow Lagoon area). But you know what the #2 money maker for the city? Gay Pride Festival!

You're probably not as bad as my Dad! So no worries!

It's not me who is purchasing stuff. :rolleyes1

Ruby has a rule. If we haven't used something in er... uh... I think it's 5? 2? years... whatever, if it ain't used, it goes.

I've considered that, especially with my clothing. Remember the dress I wore for Formal night on the cruise? I had it on our Disney Cruise in 2001 and it wasn't even new then! :lmao:

Not bad! Good luck with that!
I need to get on the weight loss thing, too. Just sooo busy and burned out, my motivation is pretty much rock bottom.

I can understand that. I just keep remembering that hunger is my friend, and as soon as I start to feel full, I stop eating. Seems to be working so far.

Check out day is a sad day, but the fact that you are right back in another room makes it so much better. Glad you looked at the phone while you still had access to the luggage.

It postpones the disappointment a little bit.

I can't remember the last time I was on the people mover or the carousel of progress, must have been around the 1990's.

I had never been on the Carousel of Progress without Fran, but then I had only gone to WDW once before I met her. I have no idea when we went on the peoplemover last. I know we did it in 1997 because the lights were on in SM. I think it was down for refurb or something.

I see there were not that many on the people mover?

Plus it took Fran a little bit to get in the car. The parties who were ahead of us were 2-3 cars ahead of us and you couldn't see them.

What makes it a Gold Medallion home?

All electric, no gas. Radiant ceiling heat. When we were fumigated a few years ago, the pesticide company had a real problem that the gas company wouldn't confirm that our gas was turned off. Since we didn't have an account with them, there was no way they would talk to us or them! It took me an hour of back and forth calls to convince them, THERE IS NO GAS LINE TO THE PROPERTY!!!!!!!

I know I have not been on this since 1990... It either looks different or I just don't remember it at all.

It's not a big draw for folks unless they are a true Walt and History fan. Besides the song gets stuck in your head, FOREVER!

Great advice for us, pace yourself and give yourself time. I think the last time we were so hot and thirsty, we drank our drinks so fast, and felt a little too happy when we left.

Love your drink glass collection!

We stayed long enough that we were pretty happy when we left. Fran got the two biggest drinks, recommended for two people.

this looks like fun, how was it?

It was interesting, twirling fire. I've seen folks in front of marching bands do similar as well.

Whoa. Were you going through withdrawal?

::yes:: Completely!

I can see where that would be tiresome. Especially if it's more than seasonal now.

Well since it covers both Halloween and Christmas it literally takes the original attraction out for six months of the year.

I can't wait to experience the new version...someday.

I hope you get another trip there soon, but since I'm slightly aware of your Summer vacation plans for the next couple years, I know you don't have it in the plans.

Cool! I'm glad that if they had to replace Aladdin, they at least did it with a quality show.

It is a good show. Just not as funny as the Genie. I can't wait to see it on the Fantasy this Winter!

I don't blame him! The sphere is way cool!

It totally is! And the drink tastes much better with it!

Nice meet-up!

It was very fun!

Loved your quick day to Disneyland! I'm looking forward to seeing the new Frozen show when I'm there in Nov.!

Well, now that you mentioned it.... I will be there Nov. 26 - 28th :)

Jenny and her family will be there in that time frame as well. I'm sure we can work something out.

I'm coming by myself because I'm tagging along (again!) on someone else's trip. I'm meeting one of my Disboard 2-D friends, Kylie71 and her sister for the first time. I, like you and other people on here, have met a few people from Disboards and they all have turned out to be extremely
nice, normal people who love Disney!!

I don't know Kylie71, but I'm sure you'll have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter