We took the kids to WDW! - All done, Now Bonus features! Festival of Holidays 2/23

Look at that beautiful otter! Great photos of all the animals.

Oh my about the bus from Kidani, that must have been frustrating.

He was rather photogenic! Yes, watching the time just slip away was incredibly frustrating!

Fun that they were all ready to go so early that morning. Bonus park time is always fabulous.

It did work out nicely, but eventually all that running around did catch up with us.

Today is our day to switch to the Poly

1. Check out day, what time do we actually leave the room?

11:10am

2. What does Jim pack in his suitcase that’s being transferred to the Poly?

his wallet

3. What time is our new room ready?

12:15pm

4. I have to give up my scooter for the afternoon, to who and why?

Fran, because her battery has died

5. How many kiosks do we get food from?

6. After all the days that people guessed we rode Test Track with our FPs, we finally do it on this day. What score does our car get?

Recorded.

Need to use a low-angle for the shot. :thumbsup2

Never thought of that!

So much for bonus park time!

Yeah. :sad2:

Man, I miss the AKL. Such a magical resort.

Me too, I wish we had plans to stay there sometime.

Woohoo for bonus dessert!

Gotta love it! :thumbsup2

Say WHAT??? That's so not cool. Communication, people!

I know, at least say something like, "Sorry suckers!"

Wow. The animatronics must have been malfunctioning in the heat.

:rotfl2:

Whatever @pkondz had with the Bus Pass, you guys had the opposite.

Yeah, it gets ever better in a couple days!

:woohoo::cool1: So cool!

Should I forward Sarah's job application now, or wait until he gets settled in first. :rotfl2:

Ha! The one thing I have learned from all the panels I have attended and folks that I have met, is there is no "one way" to become an Imagineer. She needs to somehow get in the "biz" and let her star shine and be noticed. Wish I could help. Perhaps she should move to California and hang out Disney adjacent! :lmao:

That's the best leftovers ever! Except for the spinach.

Well, I like the spinach, and yes they were the best leftovers. Even better than the breakfast I just had this morning.

Hope you get more than 5 hours sleep this time!

Just not all at once.

9:30 a.m.

A Wilderness Lodge bathrobe. And some ketchup from Whispering Canyon, because you're THIEVES!!!!

1:47:16 p.m.

Fran, because the battery is dead on hers. Again.

Recorded.

I am horrible at this..........but it's fun, so I will try again.

11:35 am

his credit cards

when you got there and checked in

Alberto because his back hurt

6. After all the days that people guessed we rode Test Track with our FPs, we finally do it on this day. What score does our car get?

Recorded.

OK folks here it is! If you didn't have a hard enough time keeping up, I've started the Alaska TR!

Planes, Trains, and .....

Come on over and join in the fun. If you haven't made it by tomorrow, I'll start to send out bat signals!

Wish I had more time to comment, but I AM really reading, Alison. This new job thing has me pretty busy and I really have to cut back my DISTime until after I pass my Boards on Wednesday. (I should be studying right now, in fact... )

10:20

His phone charger.

1:24

Alberto, he tweaked his ankle or knee.

11:00 just at check out time.

His magic band
3:25
Alberto because he was tired from all the walking yesterday and needed to take it easy.
I really have no idea on this one because we haven't ridden the new test track so I will guess 225

1. Check out day, what time do we actually leave the room? 9:35

2. What does Jim pack in his suitcase that’s being transferred to the Poly? Magic band

3. What time is our new room ready? 3:00pm

4. I have to give up my scooter for the afternoon, to who and why? Mechanical issue, gave to someone to fix

5. How many kiosks do we get food from? 6

6. After all the days that people guessed we rode Test Track with our FPs, we finally do it on this day. What score does our car get? 212

I am really loving your camera right now--really beautiful shots of AKL, FotLK, Safari....and I'm going to say it again, everyone looks so happy--Love It

Okay here's some guesses--as the contest goes on, I'm doing worse so I'm not feeling very optimistic. But here goes nothing...
1. 0945
2. his magicband
3. 2:15pm
4. Fran because her scooter was having technical difficulties
5. 4
6. 214

Heading over there now.

Corinna

Thanks!

Wish I had more time to comment, but I AM really reading, Alison. This new job thing has me pretty busy and I really have to cut back my DISTime until after I pass my Boards on Wednesday. (I should be studying right now, in fact... )

10:20

His phone charger.

1:24

Alberto, he tweaked his ankle or knee.

Recorded.

11:00 just at check out time.

His magic band

3:25

Alberto because he was tired from all the walking yesterday and needed to take it easy.

I really have no idea on this one because we haven't ridden the new test track so I will guess 225

Recorded.

1. Check out day, what time do we actually leave the room? 9:35

2. What does Jim pack in his suitcase that’s being transferred to the Poly? Magic band

3. What time is our new room ready? 3:00pm

4. I have to give up my scooter for the afternoon, to who and why? Mechanical issue, gave to someone to fix

5. How many kiosks do we get food from? 6

6. After all the days that people guessed we rode Test Track with our FPs, we finally do it on this day. What score does our car get? 212

Recorded.

I am really loving your camera right now--really beautiful shots of AKL, FotLK, Safari....and I'm going to say it again, everyone looks so happy--Love It

We really had a good time, and I'm getting better and better with the Camera. Disney really challenges me since I don't get out to too many other places.

Okay here's some guesses--as the contest goes on, I'm doing worse so I'm not feeling very optimistic. But here goes nothing...
1. 0945
2. his magicband
3. 2:15pm
4. Fran because her scooter was having technical difficulties
5. 4
6. 214

Recorded.

So there's a half dozen folks that have not officially thrown in the towel on the contest who still have to give their answers. I'm hoping to get in an update over the weekend so please consider this as 24 hours notice for the next update. It will most likely be longer than that, but it could happen anywhere from Saturday night forward. Consider yourselves forewarned!

Only when you speak with the voice of reason, which we both know is actually not that often.

Excuse me!!!???!?!?
"not that often"????
What exactly... I mean... how could you.....

Yeah, you're right.

I remember you mentioning that. I always liked that spot for relaxing and cooling off.

Without going back to check
(That is just not going to happen)
I seem to recall you saying you liked that spot.

Hmmm....are you psychic or just psychotic?

The latter of course.

After riding Mission Space he chickened out on just about anything that wasn't a bus or monorail.

aw, too bad.

I hope you had a chance to see it at home, pretty funny! You can hear Jim and I laughing at how funny we thought it was!

I did!

Loving it. Fran looks extra happy on this trip. So many smiles in your pictures.

Lovely.

Trying to catch up.

Let's see if I can get out of the basement.

1. 8:30 am cause you're that ridiculous! Or I am!
2. I want to say bathing suit because there is all kinds of swimming fun at the Polynesian - main pool, cabanas, your own private splash pool but I will go with magic band.
3. 8:00 am - thinking you got a very early as in "no one was in the bungalow the night before" text and that's why you checked out early and ran on over.
4. Fran, mechanical issues
5. 5
6. 235

Can't wait to see what you thought of the bungalow. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Oh and I forgot to comment on the hotel suggestion response, earlier. When you said that at one point you were in Vancouver once a month. Let me just tell you the jealousy was fierce and overwhelming.

What a life, Alison. Lovely!

[Continued from Previous Post]

When the show finished our FP for the safari was up. It really wasn't necessary and our wait was probably longer for the scooter line. But within about 20 minutes we were on our safari.

And no lion at all, it was too darned hot!

We were pretty wiped out after all that so we headed out to the bus stop.

We stopped in the front area to look at some animals that were a little more active than the last time we walked through here. There was this animal that we had looked at earlier, it was some kind of a pig or warthog. Alberto seemed to have a special bond with it and Jim captured this on film.

There was a wilderness lodge bus at the stop, so I motored ahead to try and catch it, but just as I got within about 10 yards of the bus it pulled away! We got in line and I didn't time out our wait, but two busses for Saratoga Springs came and went before we saw another WL bus. When it finally came the driver packed it to the gills and we took off just in time for another WL bus to pull up behind it. By this time it was almost quarter to 6PM.

When we got back to the lodge, I ran a brush quickly through my hair, and was ready to go. I had called Fran ahead of time and told her to be dressed and ready to go, and she was!

We went down to the lobby and could tell who our friend was because he was the one on his cell phone pacing and fretting. We’re also friends on FB so we had seen a few pictures of him as well.

It was great to put a face to all the texts and many phone calls over the last three years. And this November I'll even be able to say that I'm friends with an Imagineer!

He and his lady friend had dinner reservations at Artist Point where we dined the night before, so after our drinks, Fran and I headed back to the room. I heated up our leftovers for dinner for all of us. We had Prime Ribeye, Pork Ribs, some of that peppered thick cut bacon, onion rings, creamed spinach, crispy tubers, and three kinds of bread, whole grain, sesame loaf and cornbread. Not a bad spread for leftovers!

As most of you who have followed along know, when Fran hits the wall and goes back to the room, I usually join her. I usually don't have friends along who keep me in the parks and tire me out. So when I started to fade at the dinner table again this night, Jim and Alberto offered to do the dishes and clean up. I think it was 9:30 and I was out like a light.

Contest!!!!!!!

1. What do we do for breakfast the next morning? (10 points)

Eat hot breakfast in the room (Bonus points if toast, eggs or bacon are mentioned) Points were given for the fact that we ate breakfast in the room (2), the clue you were given was that it was supposed to be a leisurely morning, so this was the one I had planned to make bacon and eggs, a must on WDW vacations in a villa with a kitchen!

2. How long do we wait for the bus? (10 points)

3 minutes

3. It was supposed to be a leisurely morning, but negotiations occurred and plans changed. What park do we go to? (10 points)

AK

4. Lunch is at a resort, what is the restaurant? (10 points)

Sanaa

5. All our FP+ are for the afternoon. Do we make it to the park to use them all? (10 points)

No

6. What do we do for dinner? (10 points)

Reheated Leftovers, many of you guessed “Cook in the villa” and I gave 2 points for that, but the key word I was looking for was “Leftovers”. Because technically all we did was reheat and not actually cook. I did give a hint of this when we went to the steakhouse. “We had to take most of this home, but it made for some awesome leftovers in our villa.” Post #110
Responses

dolphingirl47, 18 minutes, Animal Kingdom, Sana'a, No, Cook in the villa, 34 points

Pinkocto, Breakfast in the room, 3 minutes, HS, Beaches and Cream, Yes, You make a delicious meal in the room, 14 points

rndmr, in the room, 5 minutes, MK, The Wave, yes, Ohana, 10 points

IowaTater, Eat in the villa, 12 minutes, Animal Kingdom, Sanaa, No, Citricos, 33 points

Dhorner233, 1900, The one at the Grand Floridian, 10 min, HS, O'Hana, No, of course not lol, Something in the room that you cooked, 15 points

cruisehopeful, Eat in your room, 5 minutes, Hollywood Studios, Big River Grille and Brewing, No, Try a new restaurant, 20 points

EJ4Disney, Eat at Starring Rolls, It was a walk on after the bus driver saw you coming - he waited, Hollywood Studios, You took the boat over to the Boardwalk and ate at Beaches and Cream, no, eat and cook in the room, 19 points

Malia78, Grabbed something quick service at Roaring Forks, 8 min, HS, Captain's Grille, Yes, cooked a meal in the villa, 7 points

juniorbugman, Eat in the room, It was a walk on after the bus driver saw you coming - he waited, Magic Kingdom, Beaches and Cream, no, You are all so pooped with your days adventures that you cook in the room.

pkondz, Sing a duet while throwing donuts at each other, 20 minutes, MK, no clue. The Wave, Yes... but you don't use them all anyway, You eat. Drink, too, 0 points

Leshaface, Hmmm, waffles??, 20 minutes, Magic Kingdom!, Grand Floridian Café, Yes!, Cali Grill, 0 points

DnA2010, Eat at the villa, 14 minutes, AK, Sanaa, Yes, Cook in the villa, 24 points

dizneeat, eat in room, 15 minutes, HS, Captain’s Grill, Yes, eat in the room, 4 points

Steppesister, ate in the Villa, 13 minutes, MK, Kona, Not quite, Off property, 12 points
Bonus Points

pkondz – 7 bonus points for answers that were so far out there, no way they could be correct!

Leshaface – 10 bonus points for being the first to suggest something worthy of breakfast on a leisurely morning (or what was supposed to be), however we don’t have a waffle maker in our owner’s locker.

Results

dolphingirl47 – 34 points
IowaTater – 33 points
DnA2010 – 24 points
cruisehopeful – 20 points
EJ4Disney – 19 points
dhorner233 – 15 points
juniorbugman - 14 points
Pinkocto – 14 points
Steppesister- 12 points
rndmr – 10 points
Leshaface – 10 points
Malia – 7 points
pkondz – 7 points
dizneeat – 4 points

Overall Results

Leshaface – 135 points
Malia78 – 128 points
DnA2010 – 127.5
rndmr – 118 points
Captain_Oblivious – 113 points
juniorbugman – 110 points
pkondz – 107 points
Pinkocto – 104 points
dolphingirl47 – 97 points
dhorner233 – 95 points
dizneeat – 86 points
IowaTater – 83 points
Steppesister – 80

Just popping on to get my answers on- hoping for a proper reply later tonight

Next Round of Questions

Today is our day to switch to the Poly

9:15

Wallet

2:20

Fran- hers won't hold the charge

5 kiosks

Oh boy- no idea- I don't remember scoring- from reviewing the answers- 215?

Checking in!

Jill in CO

I'm glad you're keeping your head afloat!

Excuse me!!!???!?!?
"not that often"????
What exactly... I mean... how could you.....

Yeah, you're right.

:lmao: ::yes::

Without going back to check
(That is just not going to happen)
I seem to recall you saying you liked that spot.

I think we're talking about the under the tree fish viewing spot. And yes, it's an especially nice spot in hot weather.

The latter of course.

I thought so.

Loving it. Fran looks extra happy on this trip. So many smiles in your pictures.

Lovely.

Trying to catch up.

Let's see if I can get out of the basement.

It's not whether you win or lose....Oh heck, you want to win! Fran was happy, until she got cranky!

1. 8:30 am cause you're that ridiculous! Or I am!
2. I want to say bathing suit because there is all kinds of swimming fun at the Polynesian - main pool, cabanas, your own private splash pool but I will go with magic band.
3. 8:00 am - thinking you got a very early as in "no one was in the bungalow the night before" text and that's why you checked out early and ran on over.
4. Fran, mechanical issues
5. 5
6. 235

Recorded.

Can't wait to see what you thought of the bungalow. :goodvibes

I can tell you now, we loved it! The place was crazy roomy and so luxurious!

Oh and I forgot to comment on the hotel suggestion response, earlier. When you said that at one point you were in Vancouver once a month. Let me just tell you the jealousy was fierce and overwhelming.

What a life, Alison. Lovely!
/

I'm not sure it was once a month, unless that was for like three months. However 20 or so years ago, I did feel that I got to know Vancouver very well. When we were there last week or so, I felt like I had never been there before or it had a weird facelift and I missed something!

9:15

Wallet

2:20

Fran- hers won't hold the charge

5 kiosks

Oh boy- no idea- I don't remember scoring- from reviewing the answers- 215?

Recorded.

My, my, in all our safari excursions, we have not seen such a variety of animals in one setting. You guys were so lucky!

Wow! Really? I thought that this was an average sort of viewing and I was a little sad that we didn't see as many elephants as we are used to. I guess we have been mostly lucky over all!

So tomorrow we have Drag Queen Bingo in the evening and in the morning Darcy is going to come clean our house. If I have time I will post the next update and there are still a few folks that I'm hoping can get their answers in, but I may be posting the update tomorrow morning before we leave for Drag Queen Bingo. It's all ready to go, and I would hope that some folks could get their answers in, but if not, the TR must go on.....

Last edited:
I think we're talking about the under the tree fish viewing spot.

::yes::

So tomorrow we have Drag Queen Bingo in the evening

Cool! So if you win, you get a drag queen for the day?
That'd be awesome. I've got a ton of housework that needs catching up on.
Do they cook, too?

(this is my way of saying.... what the heck is "drag queen bingo"???)

Cool! So if you win, you get a drag queen for the day?
That'd be awesome. I've got a ton of housework that needs catching up on.
Do they cook, too?

(this is my way of saying.... what the heck is "drag queen bingo"???)

I am certainly NOT bringing a Drag Queen home with us! I assume it's like a regular Bingo tournament but Drag Queens do the calling of the numbers.

It's a fund raiser for the band and Fran and I donated two gift baskets of souvies from our Alaska trip as prizes. I think we have 9 gift baskets that can be won and 4 raffle prizes. It costs $20pp to get in (and play I guess). We get whatever they take in at the the door less $500. We have reservations to to sit with a couple of guys, as they only take ressies for tables of 4 or more. The place is Hamburger Marys, so I'm assuming we will have burgers for dinner tonight, but then again this is not the "What's for Dinner?" Thread! :lmao:

I assume it's like a regular Bingo tournament but Drag Queens do the calling of the numbers.

That sounds like a blast! (although my version sounds fun too)

And thanks for the deets on the rest, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter