We took the kids to WDW! - All done, Now Bonus features! Festival of Holidays 2/23

Our reservation for 1900 Park Fare is for 10:40, what time do we arrive?
10:45

We’re headed to the MK, what are our three FP’s?
Mickey on Main Street, Big Thunder Railroad and Peter Pan

We do two attractions without using our FP, what are they?
Mickey and Big Thunder

With what character do I do an impromptu meet?
Three Stepsisters

What snack do Jim and Alberto bring back to the room for Fran?
pop corn

I meet up with the SO of a DISer for drinks. Who is it? Bonus points if you can name the DISer.
Richard

I LOVE the bungalows! Just beautiful.

Omg, the bungalow looks amazing! I'm totally staying there when I win Powerball!!!!!

The tour looked fun! I've done it a few times and they always have new stuff. I was wondering if they were going to get rid of the alligators there now. I love the food booths...looks like you guys found some tasty treats!!

Jill in CO

PS I just texted you Alison!

I hope to stay there again....girls trip! Either that or bring my parents. Keep in mind this was in May before the whole aligator thing happened. If they took Louis out of the MK parade, I wouldn't be surprised if the Alligators weren't in LWTL anymore.

Dagnabbit! I knew I was going to miss the update. This week has just not been a very DIS-friendly week.

Loving all the pics, especially the ones of the bungalow. Holy cow!!!

Sorry, I've been waiting as long as I can stand it, and tried to let everyone get their guesses in. There are still several more rounds, OK, three maybe four!

1. 10:38
2. Pirates, Big Thunder, Mine Train
3. Small World, Philharmagic
4. Peter Pan
5. A cinnamon roll
6. Gah, I have no idea so I'll just go ahead and take a big fat 0 on this one.

Recorded.

I'm pretty sure it's the females that have the little bulb behind the flower. If and when it gets fertilized, it turns into a pumpkin. Usually, the male flowers show up first, and you get all disappointed when you don't see any pumpkins forming. And then you get a whole bunch. And the pumpkins start taking over the yard...

That sounds about right. We didn't have a garden for the past two years, medical reasons last year, and this year we are just trying to get out of our old place so we can rent it and have money coming in!!! I can't wait to have a garden growing again!

That was a ton of cool photos from the tour. It's totally fascinating to me, even though I much prefer gardening outside than inside.

I love all the creative things they do with gardening. Like I said, I hope next year we are back at it!

Actually, I got all excited about the backsplash. I just love the jade green against the cabinets. Lovely.

That's funny with all the remodeling we have been doing, I still hardly think about the backsplashes! :lmao:

I love the pose!

He can be quite the Ham!

Looks like you had the perfect vantage point! We've never gotten around to watching that one, tbh, but it looks cool!

I've seen it from our room at BLT and one year a bunch of us DISers all got together and did a Hallowishes Cruise, and we got to see it then too. this was the best, sitting on the patio with a glass of wine! :thumbsup2

Great update :)

I did not do so good on that last round though...

It's totally random, I mean really how are you going to know what we ended up doing? We didn't even know some days!

Glad you made it for the tour. It's been a few years since I've done it but really enjoyed it.

We liked it too! Very interesting.

You got to the France kiosk but didn't try the maroon???

I'm always afraid that they will have coconut in them.

The bungalow is gorgeous. I didn't see those cool swinging chairs when we visited.

Dinner looked delicious. Nothing like a nice homemade dinner while on vacation.

Great pictures of the water parade.

They were on the other side of the kitchen wall, outside the Master Bedroom.

Oooh...excited about the Poly bungalow. I know I'll never have the points to stay there - so really enjoying seeing your pix. Actually, almost more want to stay at the Wilderness Lodge though - the style there is probably just about my favorite (next to AK) and I'm really looking forward to staying there one day. (DW and I on our first trip to WDW in 1997 had breakfast there and said "Can you imagine ever staying here?" I just want that wish to come true.)

Having stayed at all the WDW DVC resorts now, I really want to go back to OKW and just spend some time soaking in that jacuzzi tub. Then I want to invite a whole bunch of people over and cook stuff! It's huge and great for entertaining.

I do have to say it would be really cool to see the Electric Water Pagent from the bungalows. Moreso even then Wishes. I sort of really liked watching wishes from the 3rd floor of the Poly.

Was that at the end of your building when you stayed in the studio?

Did you end up using the "plunge pool" at all? It just seems to me to be too small to be much use.

No we didn't. Jim stuck his feet in and took a picture the first night, but as you will see in the next update. Weather was not permitting.

Sorry to hear about Jim's blisters. Sounds like he was maybe improperly shod?

His shoes were probably old and well worn. Also I don't think he walks much when at home. He hasn't been felling well at all since we got back from the last trip.

And what a yummy meal. I am happy to never cook on a Disney trip - but I can see the appeal of a nice meal followed by fireworks!

I do like the idea of having a meal or two in the room. And especially since we were paying 135 points per night to stay there, I modified our plans so that we were taking advantage of evenings in the Villa. No point in having a killer view if you're running around and not enjoying it!

Was that at the end of your building when you stayed in the studio?

Yes - we were at the end of Tokelau so even though it was a standard view we got to see the fireworks in the park. Great view looking out over the Bungalows.

I do like the idea of having a meal or two in the room. And especially since we were paying 135 points per night to stay there, I modified our plans so that we were taking advantage of evenings in the Villa. No point in having a killer view if you're running around and not enjoying it!

That's a very good point - I have to say if I ever had the points to stay there - I probably would just spend the whole day there!

Something about the WL just makes me immediately want to go back to Disney World.

I don't know, something about almost every DVC property makes me want to be back at WDW, and now I'm getting the itch since it's my next vacation!

That room is really cool, too.

It's very nostalgic. We need to be able to stay a long long time and not feel cheated when we just hang out at the resort.

:sad2: Rookie mistake.

Totally! :lmao:

Interesting. I've been applying pests to our gardens at home, too, but haven't had as much luck in finding ways to combat them.

Huh? Wonder why?

That's pretty neat!

And when we walked back by it say 45 minutes later, the plant was all back to normal.

I could see myself spending a lot of time at this stand.

I was going to be real upset if we didn't get to try this one! I hope they have something similar at F&W. I need to start studying the menus.

Whew. Glad that worked out for you. And yes, they look amazing!

Makes sense, the TTC was a lot closer than the lobby. I just couldn't convince Fran of that.

That would be a great spot to sit on the deck and just enjoy being at Disney!

Totally! Unless it was pouring rain or something like that. :sad2:

Looks like you had the best seat in the house!

::yes::

10:42.

Big Thunder, Splash, Pirates

I'm confused on this one. Do you mean two attractions that you already had FP's for, or two that you did not? I'm guessing the latter: Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear.

(Total shot in the dark) Goofy.

Cinnamon roll? I'm sure a Dole Whip wouldn't last the trip back to the Poly.

Oh man, I have no idea. I can't keep track of all the people around here, let alone their SO.

Recorded.

10:45

Mickey on Main Street, Big Thunder Railroad and Peter Pan

Mickey and Big Thunder

Three Stepsisters

pop corn

I meet up with the SO of a DISer for drinks. Who is it? Bonus points if you can name the DISer.
Richard

Recorded.

I LOVE the bungalows! Just beautiful.

It was by far the nicest room I've stayed in at Disney!

I'm up for a Girls Trip!!!!

Jill in CO

Well first we have to finish getting our stuff out of #1 De Soto. :faint: I can't talk about any new trips until that happens. Even then, she might say it has to be rented before we do any more big trips!

Yes - we were at the end of Tokelau so even though it was a standard view we got to see the fireworks in the park. Great view looking out over the Bungalows.

So that makes three building that I know of with DVC studios, Bora Bora, Pago Pago and Tokelau.

That's a very good point - I have to say if I ever had the points to stay there - I probably would just spend the whole day there!

We almost did later in the trip!

Sorry, I've been waiting as long as I can stand it, and tried to let everyone get their guesses in. There are still several more rounds, OK, three maybe four!

Oh it's okay. Not your fault. I've been slacking on the DIS lately.

I just spent the better part of my late afternoon reading your trip report. Really enjoying it! Looking forward to the next installment! Cheers!

10:50

7DMT, Pooh, Peter Pan

Carousel of Progress and Hall of Presidents

Mickey

Caramel apple

I meet up with the SO of a DISer for drinks. Who is it? Bonus points if you can name the Diser.

Michael, Flossbolna

Last edited:
Nice pics of the WL as you were leaving.

We really enjoyed the Behind the Seeds tour when we did it 5 years ago, it was really fun, they didn't have headphones though.

Did you get to release a ladybug?

I feel for Jim with his blisters. I have gotten blisters on my feet on 4 of my last 5 trips. The one trip I also had Plantar Fasciitis and ended up renting a scooter the last park day.

Great lunch at the F&W Kiosks

Beautiful pics of the Bungalo!!

Next Round of Questions

Our reservation for 1900 Park Fare is for 10:40, what time do we arrive?-----------10:30

We’re headed to the MK, what are our three FP’s?-----------Mine Train, Buzz, Jungle Cruise

We do two attractions without using our FP, what are they?---------Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion

With what character do I do an impromptu meet?----------Talking Mickey

What snack do Jim and Alberto bring back to the room for Fran?-----------Corn Dog Nuggets

I meet up with the SO of a DISer for drinks. Who is it? Bonus points if you can name the DISer.-----------'ll go with Michael, Flossbolna's SO.

10:20

7DMT, Pooh, Peter Pan

Jungle Cruise and Its a Small World

Goofy

Popcorn

I meet up with the SO of a DISer for drinks. Who is it? Bonus points if you can name the Diser.

Matt , DisneyFirefly

:charac2: Well that last round of questions was a big time fail for me- will be back later for a proper comment, just popping on to make sure i was good to do my reply later today.

Wow the bunalow is amazeballs! How neat. Also the behind the scenes tour. I think they removed the alligators now which is a bit silly. They are part of Florida life.

Your dinner sounds great!

Moorea is the other one I think.

Yes, I have heard of people staying in that one as well.

Oh it's okay. Not your fault. I've been slacking on the DIS lately.

Sorry life has been so busy!

I just spent the better part of my late afternoon reading your trip report. Really enjoying it! Looking forward to the next installment! Cheers!

:welcome: I hope that you didn't get too bored. :laughing: Working on the next installment!

10:50

7DMT, Pooh, Peter Pan

Carousel of Progress and Hall of Presidents

Mickey

Caramel apple

Michael, Flossbolna

Recorded.

Nice pics of the WL as you were leaving.

Thanks!

We really enjoyed the Behind the Seeds tour when we did it 5 years ago, it was really fun, they didn't have headphones though.

Did you get to release a ladybug?

The headphones were new, like as in either that day or the day before, the guide was still getting used to them and wanted our feedback on how they worked.

I feel for Jim with his blisters. I have gotten blisters on my feet on 4 of my last 5 trips. The one trip I also had Plantar Fasciitis and ended up renting a scooter the last park day.

I've been diagnosed with PF as well, but it hasn't bothered me too bad recently. I can't make it more than one day in the parks without the scooter, or my left foot is history.

Great lunch at the F&W Kiosks

Beautiful pics of the Bungalo!!

Thanks!

Our reservation for 1900 Park Fare is for 10:40, what time do we arrive?-----------10:30

We’re headed to the MK, what are our three FP’s?-----------Mine Train, Buzz, Jungle Cruise

We do two attractions without using our FP, what are they?---------Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion

With what character do I do an impromptu meet?----------Talking Mickey

What snack do Jim and Alberto bring back to the room for Fran?-----------Corn Dog Nuggets

I meet up with the SO of a DISer for drinks. Who is it? Bonus points if you can name the DISer.-----------'ll go with Michael, Flossbolna's SO.

Recorded.

I woke up in the middle of the night around 3:45AM and decided to take a bath to help me go back to sleep, especially since I didn't take one before going to sleep. Around 4:30 I fell back asleep and slept until around 6:30.

One of two things happened here.
Either that was a quick bath or... you fell asleep in the tub.

We did an "everyone for themselves" for breakfast.

And there was mass hysteria and pandemonium.

I don’t know what Jim and Alberto had, but I do know that between Jim, Fran and myself we finished off his big pink donut.

It died a noble death.

We stopped in the lobby of the Villas to take some pictures as we had neglected to do that before.

I don't think I've seen that before.
Thanks!
And.... beautiful.

This is the Carrollwood Pacific Room dedicated to Walt and all things trains.

Now that's cool.

And then we left the Lodge

Not without some sadness... and excitement for the next place.

Finally at 11:40, we were on our way to the bus stop, when Jim exclaimed that he had packed his MB inside his suitcase that was now at Bell Services awaiting it’s journey to the Poly.

Whoops!

Fran and I went through the whole “getting untied from the bus” procedure,

No easy feat after being dragged behind for the past few miles.

It turned out that everything was fine. AP/Magic Band both do the same thing, so Jim was fine.

Whew! But there were some worried folks in Disney that day, I'm guessing.

We started off in a room where they purposely apply pests to certain plants. They do this so that they know how to combat them in the event that they actually do infest the Greenhouse.

Huh. Interesting.

I took this one for you @pkondz

You are a cruel woman.

(Actually, I'm tickled that you thought of me!)

All these flowers are edible and the pillars that they are growing in rotate around. The water trickles down from the top giving each plant just the right amount of saturation.

Huh, again.
I never had any interest in that tour... perhaps I was a little hasty in that decision.

Here they have five different kinds of Basil growing.

My favourite Basil is Fawlty.

Our guide shook the plant fiercely as if a wind storm or other peril was facing it.

We actually had one of those for a while.
It was cool. Just touching the leaves made them close.

Then we found out that if you do it to often, you kill the plant.

Those are some BIG pumpkins

Whoa.

Our guide played a little game of scents here with us and had us try to identify what spices were what.

How did you guys do?

Aren’t these fantastic looking?

We were all stunned by the room!

As am I! Wow!

Appliances. I know. I’m the only one who gets excited about these totally high end appliances!

Me too. Believe it or not.
I guess if you cook, it helps.

Out on the terrace.

Beautiful view!

The Master Bedroom.

I see that didn't take Fran long! :laughing:

The second bedroom

:laughing:

Alberto and I worked in the kitchen while we listened to Jim and Fran snoring in their respective bedrooms.

How was working with another chef?

I enjoyed watching the ferry boats go by as the sun was setting.

I can totally see myself doing that.
It must've been very relaxing as well.

Question? What method do you use to keep the noodles from sticking?

We finished our "firsts" before the Electric Water Pageant started at 9PM.

Nice!

Alberto told me that I needed to make the whole box of spaghetti and he wasn't kidding!

Whoa! Big appetites!
(I love spaghetti. May well be my favourite dish.... if done right.)

After that we all turned in. It had been a long day. But not before a bath!

Good girl. Use that water while it's available.

pkondz, 10am, MB, 1pm, For Jim. Twisted his ankle, six, 190, 25 points

Hey! Look at me getting points and everything.

1. 10:40
2. PP, Space, BTMRR
3. Alice
4. Cupcake
5. No clue.

10:20

7DMT, Pooh, Peter Pan

Jungle Cruise and Its a Small World

Goofy

Popcorn

Matt , DisneyFirefly

Recorded.

:charac2: Well that last round of questions was a big time fail for me- will be back later for a proper comment, just popping on to make sure i was good to do my reply later today.

Ya win some, ya lose some. It's all fun! Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Wow the bunalow is amazeballs! How neat. Also the behind the scenes tour. I think they removed the alligators now which is a bit silly. They are part of Florida life.

Your dinner sounds great!

It was an incredible treat to stay there. Someday again, after I've got my point totals back up, and we're traveling with friends. That's sad that they took out the alligators, they were among my favorites. Dinner was really good and nice to eat something familiar and homemade.

One of two things happened here.
Either that was a quick bath or... you fell asleep in the tub.

It was about 35-40 minutes. Once I got out of the tub, I laid down on the bed and that was 4:30, I probably went out like a light.

And there was mass hysteria and pandemonium.

It was more organized calm.

It died a noble death.

I like to think that it fulfilled it's prophecy.

I don't think I've seen that before.
Thanks!
And.... beautiful.

The only thing in that building is DVC rooms, so most likely the only people who really go there are staying, either that or visiting other people. I had a DISmeet in the Carrolwood Pacific Room once.

Not without some sadness... and excitement for the next place.

More excitement. :hyper: I can always come back, especially since I own there.

As @Captain_Oblivious pointed out, Rookie mistake.

No easy feat after being dragged behind for the past few miles.

Our little wheels were spinning!
5009.gif

Whew! But there were some worried folks in Disney that day, I'm guessing.

No, just us.

You are a cruel woman.

(Actually, I'm tickled that you thought of me!)

First thing that went through my mind when I saw the Brussel Sprouts. PKONDZ!!!!!

Huh, again.
I never had any interest in that tour... perhaps I was a little hasty in that decision.

I thought it was pretty cool, then again, I'm into gardening.

My favourite Basil is Fawlty.

Love John Cleese!

We actually had one of those for a while.
It was cool. Just touching the leaves made them close.

Then we found out that if you do it to often, you kill the plant.

I bet they go through a lot of those plants with 5-6 tours per day.

How did you guys do?

I couldn't identify anything. :sad2:

As am I! Wow!

Too bad three nights is about all I can afford and justify. That used up half of my points for the year!

Me too. Believe it or not.
I guess if you cook, it helps.

I suppose people who don't cook are like, "yeah, it's a stove."

How was working with another chef?

Alberto and I have worked together before. I used to do a lot of meals for breaks at band rehearsals or after the rehearsal. He started off by wrapping the plastic utensils in napkins while we were playing. Eventually I had him heating tortillas, starting the veggies boiling, and other last minute stuff so that when the rehearsal finished, I didn't have to do it. He does food service as part of his job.

I can totally see myself doing that.
It must've been very relaxing as well.

It was nice out that night so sitting on the patio was very comfortable.

Question? What method do you use to keep the noodles from sticking?

Butter.

Whoa! Big appetites!
(I love spaghetti. May well be my favourite dish.... if done right.)

Well, Jim ate a lot. Alberto was constantly watching his girlish figure and eating light.

Good girl. Use that water while it's available.

Hey! Look at me getting points and everything.

Yup! Ya done good!

2. PP, Space, BTMRR
3. Alice
4. Cupcake
5. No clue.

Recorded.

Normally I try not to comment on people's answers as I don't want to give an inkling as to whether they got things right or wrong. However you may want to double check your answers. There are six questions on each chapter. The only reason I was able to figure out that you missed one was that I was trying to figure out where the "Alice" ride was in MK, until I remembered that was a DL exclusive.

It was about 35-40 minutes. Once I got out of the tub, I laid down on the bed and that was 4:30, I probably went out like a light.

Magical tub of sleepiness.

It was more organized calm.

Where's the fun in that??

I like to think that it fulfilled it's prophecy.

Ooohh... I like your explanation better.

More excitement. :hyper: I can always come back, especially since I own there.

I keep forgetting that!

Our little wheels were spinning!
5009.gif

:laughing:

First thing that went through my mind when I saw the Brussel Sprouts. PKONDZ!!!!!

:lmao:

I thought it was pretty cool, then again, I'm into gardening.

I like gardens... but not gardening.

I bet they go through a lot of those plants with 5-6 tours per day.

Pretty soon there'll be protesters outside demanding the cessation of plant molestation.

I couldn't identify anything. :sad2:

I'd probably be the same, except.......

I did a course a year or so ago. One of the things they did was have us line up (about 40 of us) and then the passed little vials around. You were supposed to see if you could guess the scent. The idea was to see if a scent might elicit a memory. I was roughly in the middle of the line. When the first vial got to me, I was pretty sure it was strawberry. (it was) The second vial I didn't know, but it smelled familiar (vanilla.) The last vial? I knew what it was as soon as they opened it on the other side of the room. Coconut.

Ah. Just curious.

Normally I try not to comment on people's answers as I don't want to give an inkling as to whether they got things right or wrong. However you may want to double check your answers. There are six questions on each chapter. The only reason I was able to figure out that you missed one was that I was trying to figure out where the "Alice" ride was in MK, until I remembered that was a DL exclusive.

Whoops! Revised guesses.
(although I may be better off leaving it at five... or changing them all... or...)
2. PP, Space, BTMRR
3 PP, Space
4. Alice
5. Cupcake
6. No clue.

Wow! Fun packed day! That bungalow is to die for! I could live there happily the rest of my life! What a great view! Did you see any alligators in the water around you?

1. Our reservation for 1900 Park Fare is for 10:40, what time do we arrive?

2. We’re headed to the MK, what are our three FP’s?

3. We do two attractions without using our FP, what are they?

4. With what character do I do an impromptu meet?

5. What snack do Jim and Alberto bring back to the room for Fran?

6. I meet up with the SO of a DISer for drinks. Who is it? Bonus points if you can name the DISer.

1. 10:42

2. Star Tours, 7 Dwarfs Mine Ride, Jungle Cruise

3. People Mover and Winnie the Pooh.

4. Capt. Hook

5. Flavored popcorn

6. What is a SO? Jedi Jill?

Fantastic trip report!!! I started reading last night and finished up this morning.

We're just back from WDW and we stayed in a studio at the Poly. We were in Moorea (so likely right behind your bungalow). We also quickly realized that we were closer to the TTC than the Great Ceremonial House.

We loved our stay. The bungalows look amazing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter