• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"We survived Spring Break at Disney and lived to write a dining review" Complete 5/22

Thanks for the great reviews. We were debating Morimoto's for our next trip but now I think we are going to go there.
I have to say that your children are adorable. They take great pictures.

Following along! So disappointing about CRT. Great review.

I know :sad1: CRT was for DD's 6th birthday after BBB and luckily she still enjoyed it... the rest of us were very disappointed.

Great reviews! Congratulations on your DVC purchase!

Thank you!! We are beyond excited!

Thanks for the great reviews. We were debating Morimoto's for our next trip but now I think we are going to go there.
I have to say that your children are adorable. They take great pictures.

Thank you!! I would give Morimoto a try- I was weary after reading so many mixed reviews but we loved it!

Great updates! Glad to hear you enjoyed Pecos Bill's. We'll most likely give it a shot on our upcoming trip. Congrats on your DVC purchase! We loved ours, & made great use out of it. Miss it greatly. Sold a few years ago to buy a small hobby farm to make DH happy. Hoping to buy a resale sometime in the near future, & maybe a small direct contract.

Great updates! Glad to hear you enjoyed Pecos Bill's. We'll most likely give it a shot on our upcoming trip. Congrats on your DVC purchase! We loved ours, & made great use out of it. Miss it greatly. Sold a few years ago to buy a small hobby farm to make DH happy. Hoping to buy a resale sometime in the near future, & maybe a small direct contract.

Thanks! We really did enjoy Pecos- if you like Chipotle, then you'll probably like it! We have been looking at DVC resale for a couple of years now- honestly I wish we would've bought a while back but it just wasn't the right time for us. We bought a small direct contract and we're still stalking resale to get us to the amount of points that we want.

After seeing the Pecos Bill pictures, that has become a must have on one of my MK days. Yours looks so good! Congrats on the DVC purchase!

Enjoying your reviews! Can you tell me about the chicken fajita platter at Pecos Bill (really miss the taco salad)? How many wraps are there included? Looks like it could be shared (looks like a lot of fillings). TIA:wave2:

Enjoying your reviews! Can you tell me about the chicken fajita platter at Pecos Bill (really miss the taco salad)? How many wraps are there included? Looks like it could be shared (looks like a lot of fillings). TIA:wave2:

I believe there were 2 tortillas given but the fillings were plentiful- now I'm wondering if you can purchase and extra tortilla or 2 because honestly there was more than enough to fill about 4!

Great reviews!!!! Love your date night at Morimoto. Can't wait to try it.

Love your reviews!

Would you take kids to Morimoto? Dh wants to eat there on our next trip but we don't have anyone to watch our 5 and 15 month old. I'm trying to talk him out of it. Was there any kids in the place?

Great reviews!!!! Love your date night at Morimoto. Can't wait to try it.

I was worried after reading so many mixed reviews but we really did enjoy!

Love your reviews!

Would you take kids to Morimoto? Dh wants to eat there on our next trip but we don't have anyone to watch our 5 and 15 month old. I'm trying to talk him out of it. Was there any kids in the place?

We were there for dinner and there were quite a few kids in the restaurant. It's not quiet by any means so I'd feel comfortable taking my kids. Just check out the menu first- I know my kids wouldn't eat anything there which is one of the main reasons we picked it for our "date night".

Date: 3/17/2016
Restaurant: Be Our Guest
Meal Type: Dinner

On our last trip to Disney we had an AMAZING dinner at BOG- we sat in the West Wing which is really cool if you can stand the constant stream of people taking pics of the Rose. And, this is where I had my fav meal of the trip- a steak… I rarely order steak out but for some reason I decided to order one here and LOVED it so I couldn’t wait to have another steak here!!

We had a 730pm reservation and were seated right away in the main Ballroom which is just beautiful- we sat here earlier in the trip for lunch.
BOG%20Dinner%201.jpg

DH and I both had the steak which was once again great!

BOG%20Dinner%20steak.jpg

Grilled Strip Steak - with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites

The garlic- herb butter is amazing and the pommes frites are great. It is also served with really tasty green beans.

DD and DS shared the kids grilled cheese with fresh fruit, green beans, and fries.

BOG%20Dinner%20grilled%20cheese.jpg

And, now for the desserts!

DH had the lemon cupcake
92114343-eafd-41e2-a38e-92f33c76a8ca.jpg

DS had his favorite- strawberry cupcake
BOG%20Dinner%20strawberry%20cupcake.jpg

DD had the grey stuff
BOG%20Dinner%20Grey%20stuff.jpg

I went with the seasonal cupcake-
BOG%20Dinner%20seasonal%20cupcake.jpg

I don’t have an official description for it but it was a chocolate cupcake with a coffee tasting cream center- not my thing!

Date: 3/18/2016
Restaurant: Sunshine Seasons
Meal Type: Lunch

We were up pretty early this morning and on the monorail to Epcot with minimal crowds. We had a couple of FP scheduled for this day but we actually did not use any of them- we were able to ride Nemo, see Turtle Talk, Living with the Land, and Figment all before noon with no wait. By noon, we were getting hungry so we decided to head over to Sunshine Seasons.

I’ve read enough dining reviews to know exactly what I wanted here- the pork chop!! Once again, not something I normally order while out!

Sunshine%20Seasons%20Pork%20chop.jpg

They serve you a giant pork chop, corn on the cob, and mashed potatoes- all delicious!!! The pork chop was seasoned perfectly and was really tender and juicy. I loved it!! DH also had the pork chop but with BBQ sauce on his- he enjoyed this very much as well- it was a nice change from the typical burgers and chicken nuggets.

DS went with a fruit and cheese tray
ecbed41a-234c-444b-994d-dfeb2831ac93.jpg

Obviously too much food for the boy but we did pack it up and take it to snack on later in the day.

DD had the kids uncrustables with jello and grapes. I’m pretty sure the only thing she ate was the jello.
Sunshine%20Seasons%20kids.jpg

After this giant lunch, our tummies were full and the kids were starting to get tired. We saw the Pixar short films (really cool) and then headed back to our resort. I’m pretty sure the boy child fell asleep on the monorail. The kids were down for naps pretty quickly after getting back in the room.

Date: 3/18/2016
Restaurant: 1900PF

We had a 7pm reservation but arrived around 630pm and were seated quickly. This is always one of our favorite meals because the characters are just awesome.

The food was 100 times better this trip than previously. There were some new options- the fried catfish was delicious and I loved that they had baked potatoes!!

DS decided this night that he liked taco meat- not something he was ever interested in eating before- but he just wanted the meat, not taco shell. He also got a hot dog, pizza, and ravioli.
1900PF%20Dinner%20A.jpg

DD went with a hot dog, pizza and a roll.

1900PF%20Dinner%20L.jpg

Unfortunately those are the only pics of food I took L But, here are a few with the characters-

1900PF%20Cinderella.jpg

Prince Charming really liked our autographed Mickey- he actually came by our table again and was again saying how much he loved it.
1900PF%20PC.jpg

Lady Tremaine was great as always! She gave DS a really hard time because he wouldn’t fold his arms and take a pic with her- it was really funny- he finally got it right!
1900PF%20LM.jpg

DS refused to take a pic with Drizella because last year she gave him a kiss and he remembered having lipstick on his face. He said he wouldn’t get close to her because he didn’t want her to kiss him.
1900PF%20Drizella.jpg

So, when this happened-
1900PF%20Anastasia.jpg

We were cracking up and he was mad because once again he had a big lipstick smooch on his face!

IMG_1065.jpg

Another fun meal at 1900 PF!! We always have a blast here!!

I'm late but I'm here! Great reviews! We must have similar taste because I got quite a few of the things you mentioned when I was last there. And like you I disliked the Friar's Nook mac-n-cheese ;)
Can't wait for more!

BOG -

I have been one time to BOG for lunch where you order with a machine.

I noticed that you had a menu on the table.

Do you choose which room you sit in?

Since you had a menu, do they take your food order at the table?

I'm late but I'm here! Great reviews! We must have similar taste because I got quite a few of the things you mentioned when I was last there. And like you I disliked the Friar's Nook mac-n-cheese ;)
Can't wait for more!

OMG! I thought I was the only one who didn't like the Friar's Nook mac n cheese!! I felt bad even saying it lol!

BOG -

I have been one time to BOG for lunch where you order with a machine.

I noticed that you had a menu on the table.

Do you choose which room you sit in?

Since you had a menu, do they take your food order at the table?

That picture was from dinner at BOG which is a table service unlike lunch there which is quick service. You are seated at a table by a hostess and you have a waiter who takes your order. You do not get to choose where to sit although I did hear people requesting a certain room.

Date: 3/19/2016
Restaurant: Crystal Palace
Meal Type: Breakfast

We were up bright and early for our 815am Crystal Palace ADR! We were out of the door by 730am and walking to MK. Did I already mention how much I LOVE BLT!! I mean really!! The walk to MK is just awesome! By 745am we were being let into the park and walking down Main Street. Of course we stopped to take a family pic on an very UN –crowded main street!

We were seated right away at CP and as soon as we got to our table Eeyore was greeting us.
CP%20Eeyore.jpg

Followed by Pooh or as my 4 year old says “Windy the Pooh”

CP%20Pooh.jpg

How can you not just love Pooh! He’s so cuddly!

After Pooh, we had a break so we ran up to the buffet to get some food. CP breakfast is great. It’s hot, fresh, and they keep the buffet filled and clean. I love the create your own omelet station!

CP%202.jpg

DS's first plate consisted of a banana, strawberry, muffin, pooh's puffed toast, a mickey waffle, and a plate of scrambled eggs in the back.

CP%201.jpg

Starting at the top and going clockwise- biscuit, bacon, sausage, puffed toast, potato casserole, breakfast potatoes, sausage cheese biscuit thing

All was delicious! I love the cheesy potato casserole- I know they serve it at Akershus too for breakfast and maybe Chef Mickey? I could eat just this and be happy.

Shortly after getting food, Piglet showed up.
CP%20Piglet.jpg

Lastly, we met Tigger!

CP%20Tigger.jpg

The characters here were great- they definitely spent a lot of time with the kids.

I’m not really a fan of CP for lunch or dinner but for breakfast, I love it!!

Restaurant: Trader Sam’s
Meal Type: Drinks/Snack

While the kids were napping (with Granny), DH and I decided to go out exploring. We hopped on the monorail over to the Poly to wander around and found ourselves at Trader Sam’s. It was about 5pm on a Saturday and were told the wait would be 20 mins so we decided to sign in and were handed a buzzer and off we went to walk around the Poly. About 15 mins later our buzzer was going off and we were headed inside!!

This was our first time and it was awesome!! We sat at the bar and the bartenders were GREAT!!!

For apps we had the headhunter sushi roll which DH really enjoyed and the pan fried dumplings which I really enjoyed- similar if not the same as Ohana.

For drinks I had the HippopotoMai-Tai- Coruba Dark Rum, Bacardi Superior Rum, Bols Orange Curacao, Orgeat (Almond), Organic Agave Nectar, and fresh Lime Juice.

Trader%20Sams%20Hippo.jpg

DH had the Shrunken Zombie Head – Gosling’s 151 Black Seal Rum, Appleton Estate Reserve Rum, Tropical Juices, Falernum, and Cinnamon

Trader%20Sams%20Zombie.jpg

We enjoyed both and of course bought the souvenir glasses! I love that they give them to you brand new and boxed up when you leave!

The drinks were great, the atmosphere was amazing- loved all of the shenanigans when the different drinks were ordered. I definitely plan to go back and would recommend experiencing Trader Sam’s to everyone!!

Restaurant: Cosmic Ray’s

After a few drinks, we headed back to our room and the kids were up and ready to go. Off to MK we went! By this point in the trip, we had seen and done everything we wanted to multiple times so we were really just wandering around the park and letting the kids decide what they wanted to do- which included a couple of rides on IASW, Dumbo, Teacups, and Tomorrowland speedway. We also joined the Incredibles Dance Party which is lots of fun- one of DD’s favs!

We started to get hungry while in Tomorrowland so decided to hit up Cosmic Ray’s for dinner. Nothing special here but the kids love it.

The kids and I had chicken nuggets and fries-

Cosmic%20Rays%20Nuggets.jpg

DH had a bacon cheeseburger which he said was pretty good- better than he’s had here before.

Cosmic%20Rays%20burger.jpg

We closed the park and walked back to BLT… we knew we had to be up early again the next day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter