We Should Have Never Given You Those Oakleys!! *UPDATED 9/1/15*

The park was ridiculously crowded… like for real.

20483595650_6906346852_c.jpg

20662367052_d2b154cf74_c.jpg

20671603225_18eab4c50c_c.jpg

20662361992_1fdb9d200e_c.jpg

20484851229_61134b3b77_c.jpg

After the steamboat, we decided to head over to Tomorrowland to grab some lunch at Cosmic Rays. Cosmic Rays was super crowded, but we finally found a table and ate our Burgers/Chicken Sandwiches. I of course suggested that we should ride the TTA after lunch.

20483601730_659d560f6f_c.jpg

I had to stand in line for the People Mover!!! I couldn’t even fathom it… I’m one of those spoiled Disney goers. Fastpasses have ruined me.

After Space Mountain, we collectively decided that we had done everything in MK that we wanted and were ready to move on. We stopped briefly and watched the castle show… and then I made a pit stop on Main Street, purchased a Daisy plush for my friend’s daughter, and we were off to our next destination.

20483580838_32feb1fab4_c.jpg

20049046964_f0785e3e67_c.jpg

20671611795_4f1b744fc7_c.jpg

20645311836_ffc78fc4df_c.jpg

20484842999_57decb11fc_c.jpg

20645314386_c624c113a6_c.jpg

20662348342_167ca1fed5_c.jpg

20483569778_1f88c7b663_c.jpg

We finished up with our impromptu Christmas themed photoshoot, and walked towards the monorail to go to Epcot.

Once we arrived, dad and I joined the Single Rider line for Test Track. It was posted at a 30 minute wait, but it seemed to be much longer of a wait than expected.

20645303156_6450297c83_c.jpg

After maybe 45 minutes, we were on the ride. Dad ended up being in a few cars before me, but we both had fun.

20483565558_174ee6cf5e_c.jpg

It started sprinkling again, so we donned our ponchos and walked to the Land pavilion. Once there, we joined the 20 minute line for Living with the Land.

I don’t know about you guys, but I miss the CM’s doing the narration. It was so much more informative and exciting than the monotone man they have now. Anyways…

20645297286_35cb412366_c.jpg

20483561110_8390b1f00d_c.jpg

20483559570_2dfc437942_c.jpg

20645291936_023ec23918_c.jpg

20678274551_b4523150e8_c.jpg

20678272221_bbc9ec1658_c.jpg

20678269981_b73c8834e1_c.jpg

20671562625_a2141f0181_c.jpg

20662321832_bb0aa77d5c_c.jpg

to be continued...

Mom was kind of cold...

Having only visited recently in April, May, and June, being cold in Disney mid-day is COMPLETELY foreign to me!

Wow...MK WAS really crowded! Sound like Epcot wasn't much better. But still cool you got to do most of what you wanted to do!

Agreed that I liked the CM narration at LWTL better than the new automated one, but hey, they have to get sponsorship dollars out of Turner Classic Movies somehow ;)

Joining in! I'm super late in the game, but still!

Well I definitely appreciate you reading my TR!! Better late than never! I see you're getting married and going on your honeymoon to Disney!!!! Congratulations, and I hope you do a TR!!

Having only visited recently in April, May, and June, being cold in Disney mid-day is COMPLETELY foreign to me!

Wow...MK WAS really crowded! Sound like Epcot wasn't much better. But still cool you got to do most of what you wanted to do!

Agreed that I liked the CM narration at LWTL better than the new automated one, but hey, they have to get sponsorship dollars out of Turner Classic Movies somehow ;)

Omg, it gets pretty chilly at night in December/Jan. It's usually such a bummer that we can't do the water rides unless we want to freeze to death. haha. Then again I am such a whimp with cold weather, we don't really have very low temps in Louisiana. :)

MK was so crowded we could barely walk 5 steps without stepping over someone! Much more crowded than last year!

And, ew TCM has completely ruined the Great Movie Ride. That man is so monotoned and boring. haha.

We exited Living with the Land, and realized we were almost late (or so we thought) for our ADR’s at San Angel Inn. We rushed over to the Mexico pavilion and checked in.

20671561255_65f04cd0ff_c.jpg

Apparently someone had the wrong time, and we were an hour early. Oops. I can’t help that I was elated to be eating at one of my favorite restaurants again. Seriously, I have a Mexican food addiction… I could eat it every day and never grow tired of it.

The CM at the desk gave us our pager, and asked us to return when it went off. Dad apologized for the mistake of checking in early, and she said they would seat us whenever they had a table open up.

I took this opportunity to do what I do best, shop! I was about to purchase some margarita glasses when the pager went off… great timing for my wallet.

20484812279_fd798f6a8a_c.jpg

Seriously, look at that view. I LOVE San Angel Inn. On top of being super happy to return to San Angel, I was also happy because for the first time all trip… I could breathe again! Yes ladies and gentlemen, I was no longer sick. Unfortunately it was on the second to last night, but this meant great things for my life. First of all, I didn’t have to go to bed early on the account of feeling like poop… and second of all, I could drink one of those delicious Berry Merry Margaritas at Hollywood Studios before we left! It’s the important things in life…

We were brought a basket of chips, and some tomatillo salsa. For dinner I ordered the best menu item ever: Pollo a las Rajas. For real, this dish (as well as the Monkey Cupcake at CBR) is life changing.

20048992074_85bbba277a_c.jpg

Dad ordered the Carne Asada, and absolutely loved it.

20483543120_8dbb5512e5_c.jpg

For dessert, I went with the Crema Bavaria… which tastes like orange/cinnamon mousse. It’s pretty delicious, but not a showstopper.

20645272936_524b8f2000_k.jpg

After dinner we went on the Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride, and then dad decided to call it a night. Mom and I wanted to go walk around the world, so we decided to stay.

For dinner I ordered the best menu item ever: Pollo a las Rajas. For real, this dish (as well as the Monkey Cupcake at CBR) is life changing.

I was excited for the Monkey Cupcake this year, and a made a point to get it, specifically because I ignored your advice on the Pollo a las Rajas. I'll know better next time we go to San Angel, which could be 2016.

Great pics from inside the restaurant, too!

I was also happy because for the first time all trip… I could breathe again! Yes ladies and gentlemen, I was no longer sick.

Awesome! Being sick on vacation is horrible, but I'm impressed how it didn't seem to slow you down. At all.

Where are you staying in December?

I wish I had found your TR sooner! Now it's almost over! But better late than never I guess ;)

I have enjoyed all your pictures (and selfies!) and reviews. I've never stayed at CBR but it looks very nice :) That stinks that you were sick most of your trip but it seems like you made the most of it. A sick day in WDW is better than a sick day at home ::yes::

I used to live in Louisiana (my dad was stationed at Ft. Polk when I was in middle school) and I still get "homesick" for NOLA! We used to visit pretty frequently and I miss the amazing food! I haven't been in years and would love to make a trip back there.

Looking forward to reading what's left of your trip! I'll be going Dec of 2016 with my son and I can't wait to see all the decorations, etc. Your pics have me more excited than I already was! :thumbsup2

I was excited for the Monkey Cupcake this year, and a made a point to get it, specifically because I ignored your advice on the Pollo a las Rajas. I'll know better next time we go to San Angel, which could be 2016.

Great pics from inside the restaurant, too!

Awesome! Being sick on vacation is horrible, but I'm impressed how it didn't seem to slow you down. At all.

Where are you staying in December?

San Angel has awesome food all around, but I go there specifically for that dish! Anddd I don't have a trip locked down for December currently. :sad::sad1: Its depressing. I graduate from LSU on December 18 this year, so I'm hoping I can sneak in a trip or something. haha!

I wish I had found your TR sooner! Now it's almost over! But better late than never I guess ;)

I have enjoyed all your pictures (and selfies!) and reviews. I've never stayed at CBR but it looks very nice :) That stinks that you were sick most of your trip but it seems like you made the most of it. A sick day in WDW is better than a sick day at home ::yes::

I used to live in Louisiana (my dad was stationed at Ft. Polk when I was in middle school) and I still get "homesick" for NOLA! We used to visit pretty frequently and I miss the amazing food! I haven't been in years and would love to make a trip back there.

Looking forward to reading what's left of your trip! I'll be going Dec of 2016 with my son and I can't wait to see all the decorations, etc. Your pics have me more excited than I already was! :thumbsup2

Well thank you for joining in regardless!! I still have a good bit left to post, so stay tuned! Thank you for the compliment on my pics!
Ahhh that is awesome you used to live in LA!!! You should most definitely try to make a trip back soon, that would be super cool... although trips to Disney are better. lol.
It's awesome during the Christmas season, Disney is gorgeous year round but especially all dressed up for Christmas! Please do a trip report when you get back so that I have something to occupy my time away from Disney!

Hitting up San Angel for the first time next week and will definitely be giving your recommendation a try. I honestly booked the ADR for the atmosphere and have been nervous about the food, but you have helped ease my mind

Hitting up San Angel for the first time next week and will definitely be giving your recommendation a try. I honestly booked the ADR for the atmosphere and have been nervous about the food, but you have helped ease my mind

I love San Angel Inn!! I've honestly never had a bad experience there, and I've ordered a few different things on the menu. Everything is good there, but I definitely hope you try the Pollo a las Rajas! I can't wait to hear about your experience/trip!!!!!

Mom wanted a Bud Light, so we headed over to the American pavilion to get one. It was chilly outside, so we took a seat in the food court area.

20662312262_f75da1b359_c.jpg

6 beers later… and the park was closing. The end.

Just kidding! Haha. Mom barely finished her beer, and we moved on. Since this was our last night in EPCOT, I decided that my dad was going to buy me something. He just didn’t know it yet. Mom and I walked around the world showcase and bought several shot glasses, thanks dad! J

20645270516_4b4bf57849_c.jpg

When we reached the Buddha statue, I decided I wanted to leave some change for good fortune… but I didn’t have any. So, I consulted mom and she gave me the change from what dad had just bought me. I’m sure I still benefited since I was the one that left his money, right?

20678253811_0fabec0a4d_c.jpg

20048984514_aff2895b7b_c.jpg

20050588993_7a4afdb2cb_c.jpg

20483530180_cce388a4b0_c.jpg

After spending dad’s money, EPCOT was about to close so Mom and I decided to go back to CBR.

20678247291_8620b0cd6d_c.jpg

After the million mile hike back to the bus stop, we were on our way back to CBR. Once we arrived, we got off at Ole Port Royale to get some tea/diet coke. While in OPR, we saw a flyer for the next night’s activities and knew immediately where we wanted to go!

20671539835_072f46c8a2_c.jpg

Up next: NYE in Disney!!

Since this was our last night in EPCOT, I decided that my dad was going to buy me something. He just didn’t know it yet.

And, I see, your decision was respected by all :)

While in OPR, we saw a flyer for the next night’s activities and knew immediately where we wanted to go!

Disney Jr. Dance Party? No brainer! But wait - Dancing Under Flame Effects and Smoke-Billowing Dragon? Disney's not making this an easy choice here, are they?

I would LOVE to be at WDW for NYE. Can't wait for that update!

And, I see, your decision was respected by all :)

Disney Jr. Dance Party? No brainer! But wait - Dancing Under Flame Effects and Smoke-Billowing Dragon? Disney's not making this an easy choice here, are they?

I would LOVE to be at WDW for NYE. Can't wait for that update!

Haha. Yes, the options were a little weird... but at least they had something going on. The year before, it was like 'Hey... we are having Illuminations and Wishes tonight for NYE'... and I was like 'Oh like always? How adventurous of you to venture out into the unknown Disney' :rolleyes2

I apologize for the amount of selfies you are about to be subjected to viewing… but I was cute and in Disney, so whatevs.

Everyone woke up before 8 am (too early), and got ready to hit the parks. It was still fairly early, so we decided to go grab some snacks and drinks at Old Port Royale. After splitting a sandwich with my mom, we were ready to hit up Hollywood Studios! But… there was no bus.

After being passed up by not one, but three FULL Studios buses it was a sign that it would be a busy day. People at the stop were getting pretty angry, including dad. There was a CM holding an Ipad that looked like he should have an idea of what was going on with the bus, but he didn’t. All he was sent to do was stand there blocking the garbage cans with his Ipad, and booksack.

Finally, this CM realized that EVERYONE at the stop was waiting on a bus so he got on his walkie-talkie and ordered us a special one. Finally after 45 minutes of waiting, an empty bus rolled up, and everyone hopped in. Instead of picking up more guests—as if there would have been any room anyways—we were on our way to DHS!

Once we arrived at DHS, I took a selfie… don’t judge me.

20504909789_efb6641548_c.jpg

The park wasn’t too crowded, but we knew from what we experienced last year that it would get pretty hectic. Dad stopped and got a Joffery’s Coffee, and we checked out Starring Rolls. After standing in line for 15 minutes, not moving, we collectively agreed to move on.

Unsure of what to do, we found ourselves in line for the Muppets. I immediately began to have terrible flashbacks, and traumatic thoughts because of this. You see, when I was a small child… I was spanked in line for the Muppets. It was the first and only time I was ever spanked at Disney, and it has forever traumatized me from wanting to see this show.

Okay, so I brought it up to dad and reminisced. He didn’t feel sorry for it, oh well.

The wait for the Muppets wasn’t too bad, but I entertained myself with taking more selfies… It was cold and rainy. Ew.

20503648838_c8c6f4b775_c.jpg

The entire trip, every selfie I took, dad would pose with his flip phone and pretend to take one too. This time I got him to join the picture.

20503645108_594afe54b4_c.jpg

Once we got inside the Muppets, I had to model my 3D glasses… because let’s face it, they are beautiful.

20503644678_9e98c5678e_c.jpg

We got out of the Muppets, and went to visit the Frozen playland/store. I purchased a bracelet for my co-worker’s granddaughter, and we were off to the next destination.

20691630485_caf208a2f1_c.jpg

After spending more money, I requested to go see One Man’s Dream.

20070692283_b59f763ba0_c.jpg

I absolutely hate when you get into One Man’s Dream, and have to rush through due to the movie starting… which was the case this time. Instead of rushing through, we waited for the next one to start and took our time.

20503640108_6d2cd41b8a_c.jpg

20698412101_09fcc524a8_c.jpg

20691623105_2b98212f4f_c.jpg

20504895389_f2bf866e7b_c.jpg

20069064674_939fba44a8_c.jpg

We stayed for the show, and then decided to go shopping a little bit. Dad was ready to use his fastpass for RNRC, so he left mom and I alone… in a store… at Disney. BIG mistake.

20503628478_c1913f9213_c.jpg

20504888099_5bb2b78208_c.jpg

After shopping, mom and I got into the line for Beauty and the Beast and watched the show. I have loved Beauty and the Beast since I was a kid, so this show is super cute to watch. I remember when the Hunchback of Norte Dame was in this theater, and how excited I was when they announced they were changing it to Beauty and the Beast. Best decision ever Disney.

20503620908_640035fcc7_c.jpg

20504881619_f08060fa55_c.jpg

20504881619_f08060fa55_c.jpg

20691605175_c75a3171da_c.jpg

20698388871_2432f0bb2d_c.jpg

At this point in our evening, it was time to head over towards Star Tours for our Fastpasses. I opted to take a selfie while waiting for our time window to appear.

20069048784_27fa24f086_c.jpg

Mom decided to camp out at the Backlot Express, and wait for us to finish our ride. The wait was pretty short for those with Fastpasses, but it was a long 70 minutes for everyone else.

Dad and I were put in line, and saved the Rebel Spy from Vader again… like I saved so many things this trip (Spies, Iguanodons, trains full of people, Big Red [ugh I wish]). Side note: I’m still really sad I can’t save Big Red from the poachers anymore.

After exiting the ride, there were people EVERYWHERE. It was chaos in the ride exit to the gift shop area… dad and I threw our 3D glasses in the bins and we were off! Or not…

Midway through the gift shop, dad realized he was still holding his 3D glasses. Soooooo what were the glasses he threw in the bin?

Without a word, dad ran back through the people to the bin we had thrown our glasses in and began digging. There were HUNDREDS of black glasses in there, and people just kept throwing them on top of my dad while he was looking. Finally after several frantic minutes, a guy came up to us and asked what we were looking for… I told him, and within seconds he found my dad’s brand new $200 Oakleys (that he had JUST gotten for Christmas). (Thank you random park goer!!)

Yes, my dad had tossed his expensive Oakleys into the bin of 3D glasses as if they were nothing. Haha.

We met back up with mom, and I immediately told her the story (yes, I rat my dad out all the time). Haha. After losing the Oakleys 3 other times on this trip, we joked that we should have never given him those sunglasses.

After laughing and joking for a while, we went to check out the Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

20691599185_f5636b24df_c.jpg

20691594875_a9c3b7509a_c.jpg

20504867619_46fc843b2d_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter