~We seldom report of having eaten too little~ w/ PICS! ~ UPDATE: New Thread Started!

Hi!!

Thank you all so much for reading :goodvibes and I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in so long! :sad2:

My job has been keeping me very busy but I promise a full update sometime this week. :thumbsup2

For the moment:

47 days till my MAY Trip!

74 days till I can make Sept ADRs!

164 days till my SEPT Trip!​

I need to dig out the planning sheet that the Polynesian Itinerary Planning Office sent me. I can't tell you how relieved I am that they will be making the majority of my Sept ADRs! :worship: After my awful experience making my May ADRs I'm not sure I ever want to talk to Disney Dining again!

Just wanted to drop a line to say "hello" and how much I'm enjoying your report! Keep it coming!:)

Favorite Food Pics: Food & Wine Festival Booths 2006​

Hi everyone! Thanks for bearing with the serious lack of updates. I'm so excited....

ONLY 34 DAYS TILL MY MAY WDW TRIP!!! :yay::woohoo::cheer2:

I'm going to update the first page with a table of contents and then update my May and Sept ADR lists! But for now:

2006 Festival Booths

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Cheese Soup & Maple Glazed Salmon

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Pierogies and Kielbasa

ry%3D400

Florida Shrimp Booth: Citrus Grilled Shrimp

ry%3D400

Australia: Lamb Chop with Caramelized Onions, Shrimp on the Barbie

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Bailey's Raspberry Trifle

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Chicken & Chorizo Quesadilla

ry%3D400

France: Champagne, Chocolate Creme Brulee and Grand Marnier Slushie

ry%3D400

Wine: German Riesling, Cream Puff filled with Chocolate Cream from Italy

ry%3D400

France: Chenin Blanc and Goat Cheese Tart

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Bastilla - pastry stuffed with chicken and almonds, cinnamon and icing sugar

ry%3D400

Japan - Seafood Noodle Salad and Spicy Tuna Roll

ry%3D400

United Stated - BBQ Rib with Corn, Lobster Roll

Just wondering ... did Disney ever get back to you about your letter / email about the ADR fiasco you had to deal with?

And thanks for the 2006 pictures ... fond memories of that year's festival ... I loved that goat cheese tart from France. :thumbsup2

Just wondering ... did Disney ever get back to you about your letter / email about the ADR fiasco you had to deal with?

And thanks for the 2006 pictures ... fond memories of that year's festival ... I loved that goat cheese tart from France. :thumbsup2

Hi Brenda!

Yes, Disney did end up calling me in regards to my letter. Unfortunately they were completely unwilling to do anything to make up for the inconvenience. They also failed to explain why a toll free number had been provided to solve one issue but not for this one. The CM I spoke to said they had literally THOUSANDS of complaints and that she had been calling for 2 weeks straight, 8 hours a day to speak to all who wrote letters.

I must say, in recent weeks I have had better experiences with Disney Dining. The waits have been back to 5-15 mins. Also, I was unable to get ANYTHING at Chefs de France other than a 9:15pm ADR at my 90 day mark. I called around the 45 day mark and they had availability at every time slot. When I had issues with the Chefs de France ADR the CM I was booking with explained the new A La Carte system had issues properly loading tables. She explained it like this:

Chefs de France has X many 2 tops, X many 4 tops, X many 6 tops etc...and the system loads in time slots: 5pm 5:05pm 5:10pm with a certain number of each table size for each time slot. She believed that in loading SOME restaurants (like Sci-Fi & Chefs, that became IMPOSSIBLE to get with the new A La Carte) That the system had likely loaded only 1 TABLE period for each time slot! So like 1 party at 5pm...1 at 5:05....as opposed to the appropriate number (likely 10 to 15 parties at each time slot). That may explain the call waits, the availability issues etc.

I'm still thankful that the Poly IPO will be making the majority of my Sept ADRs LOL :thumbsup2

I have plenty more Food & Wine pics to come :goodvibes I loved the goat cheese tart too! And the chicken and chorizo quesadilla.

UPDATE: May & Sept ADR Changes

I've made a few changes to my May ADRs and my Sept ADR plan.

May 30th
SNACK @ Pepper Market
DINNER @ Kona Cafe 8pm

May 31st
BREAKFAST @ Kona Island Coffee Bar / Captain Cooks
LUNCH @ Liberty Tree Tavern 12pm
DINNER @ Ohana 6:20pm

June 1st
BREAKFAST @ Pepper Market
LUNCH @ Flame Tree BBQ
DINNER @ California Grill 8pm

June 2nd
BREAKFAST @ Sunshine Seasons
LUNCH @ Le Cellier 11:30am
DINNER @ Chefs de France 6:30pm

September 24
LUNCH @ Wolfgang Puck Express
DINNER @ Kona

September 25
BREAKFAST @ CL Lounge
LUNCH @ Liberty Tree Tavern
DINNER @ Tokyo Dining

September 26
BREAKFAST @ CL Lounge
LUNCH @ 50's Primetime
DINNER @ Ohana

September 27
BRUNCH @ Sweet Sunday F&W
DINNER @ Victoria & Alberts

September 28
BREAKFAST @ CL Lounge
LUNCH @ Garden View Tea
DINNER @ California Grill

September 29
BREAKFAST @ CL Lounge
LUNCH @ California Pizza Kitchen
DINNER @ Chefs de France

September 30
LUNCH @ Flame Tree BBQ
DINNER @ Jiko

October 1
LUNCH @ Wolfgang Puck Express
DINNER @ Blue Zoo

October 2
BREAKFAST @ Kona Island Coffee Bar
LUNCH @ Kona Cafe
DINNER @ Tokyo Dining

October 3

Sounds like you have some great ADRs planned. I'm interested in your Cali Grill report, we're planning on going there for the first time in Sept.
Love the F & W pics, they bring back fond memories of our last trip in Sept 08. Now I'm off to find something to eat.

ONLY 23 DAYS!!

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2:

I can't believe how fast this trip is coming!

I am SO sorry for the lack of updates! Work has been sheer insanity these past few weeks and it culminated in my supervisor being fired Thursday. That leaves me as the only writer in our Marketing department...so I'm a touch busy :headache:

The only thing keeping me sane is Disney :cloud9:

*pulls out her checklist*
- confirm all ADRs :thumbsup2
- note request for Casitas on resort reservation :thumbsup2
- book towncar :thumbsup2
- envy my friend who is going to Orlando from May 14-28 :thumbsup2 :lmao:
- check 14 day accuweather forecast on May 20th
- fax room request May 26th
- get a manicure and pedicure May 28th
- check in online at 12:20pm on May 29th
- LEAVE MAY 30th!
I promise I will post more pictures soon! I have plenty I swear :rolleyes1 Well, lunch is over, so back to work. Look for a photo update later this week :goodvibes

16 Days!!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2:

I can't believe I am only 16 days away from my trip! I'm getting so excited! The other wonderful thing is that my work is INSANELY busy right now so the days are flying by :thumbsup2

I am checking the weather, the CAN/USD exchange rate and the status of Southwest flights from Buffalo to Orlando daily! The rain in the extended forecast isn't freaking me out too much. It IS Florida afterall. I'm used to Aug when you get daily rain. I think they are just being cautious (as I find weather forecasters often are) figuring if they predict rain and then it DOESN'T rain they look like heroes :rolleyes:

I must admit, I am happy to hear crowd reports of 5's or 6's rather than the 8's and 9's UG has listed for practically the WHOLE summer. That is just lazy IMO. All weekdays as 8 and all weekends as 9. Yea, that takes a rocket scientist to predict.

I swear I'll update with some new pictures tonight :goodvibes Thank you all for sticking with me. I can't believe I've had over 6000 views and I haven't shown you guys any *new* pics yet! You are all the BEST :hug:

I am so excited for you! I have 21 days left myself and it is killing me!

Nicki!

Hi! :goodvibes

We're going to JUST miss each other again! LOL I'm at CSR from May 30 - June 3 and it looks like you arrive at CBR on the 3rd :lmao:

Where are you guys eating? I'll have your reviews to look forward to when I get home! :)

Can't wait. I'm so excited and I still have 139 more days to go. Almost to Double Digit Dancing!

Can't wait. I'm so excited and I still have 139 more days to go. Almost to Double Digit Dancing!

Welcome! My *next* trip (Sept/Oct 09) is 133 days away! Looks like we'll be there at the same time :goodvibes Where are you staying? We're at Polynesian Garden view Club Level from Sept 24th - 29th and then Coronado Springs Waterview from Sept 29th - Oct 3rd!

I know, I wish I could go earlier but we had to jump on the bounceback dates.

So far these are our plans but you know how DH is!

Arrival day - dinner at DTD, either T-Rex or WPE

Thurs - breakfast at CBR
lunch at HS (ick)
dinner at Cali Grill

Friday - breakfast at CBR or Main Street Bakery
lunch at MK
dinner at Tonys

Saturday - breakfast at CBR
lunch at Tangierine Cafe
dinner at San Angel Inn

Sunday - breakfast at Boma - although I am trying to get into TH instead
lunch at Flame Tree BBQ

I cannot wait to read your reviews and drool all over the pictures!

Nicki!

Hi! :goodvibes

We're going to JUST miss each other again! LOL I'm at CSR from May 30 - June 3 and it looks like you arrive at CBR on the 3rd :lmao:

Where are you guys eating? I'll have your reviews to look forward to when I get home! :)

I can't wait to hear your LIVE report! You are totally making me want to visit during the FW Festival and like sushi?? Not something I have ever wanted to try but it's sure pretty!

2 WEEKS!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo:

OMG! I leave 2 weeks tomorrow!! :scared1:

In the next 2 weeks I can:
- start checking weather on accuweather.com
- get a manicure and pedicure
- go shopping for clothes
- fax CSR with my room request (Casitas, preferably 4th floor of 3 or 1)
- do the single digit dance!! :dance3: (on the 21st!)
- organize and PACK
- check for updated menus
- check-in for Southwest (and hope for A16 and A17 lol)
- daydream about WDW food :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter