~We seldom report of having eaten too little~ w/ PICS! ~ UPDATE: New Thread Started!

In August of this past year I left my thankless job at Best Buy (which I call Best Cry for their *terrible* treatment of employees) in order to career search.

This is scary. Not only have you worked at Best Buy before (and hated it as much as I did) but you are also a Disney fiend from TORONTO! What's even scarier is that I left there in August 2008 too! Did you last longer than 2 weeks at Best Buy? If you did, I worship thee. I know some Best Buy head honcho could read this and I may be deemed a ruthless, inappropriate ex-employee but who cares! They are the WORST company to work for. Every day it feels as if they accuse you of stealing and if you do one small error, you're written up! Disgusting. Not for me! I happily moved on to a better place....

I completely envy you for being able to take so many trips to WDW. How do you do it? You must not be flying out of Toronto, unless your salary is through the roof! (And in this economy, I highly doubt it :laughing: )

I'll be flying down in a couple weeks to visit my sister (current cast member) staying at CSR. Any suggestions, hints, and/or tips would be greatly appreciated! We've already requested Casitas 4 or 5, will have our own car, and on the DDP. So Exciting!!! :cheer2:

I can't wait to read through all your reviews. Since I only discovered your thread today, I have A LOT of catching up to do!

UPDATED JULY/AUG ADRs

I have exciting news! :goodvibes

My DMom extended our July/Aug WDW vacation as a bday gift to DDad! :woohoo:

We are now going from July 31st to Aug 8th, which adds an additional 3 nights! :cloud9:

I was thrilled but this was my expression when I realized that I had to book more ADRs :scared1:

Luckily I got everything I wanted. Here are my current ADRs/plans

July 31st
LUNCH - Wolfgang Puck Express
DINNER - Kona Cafe

Aug 1st
LUNCH - Liberty Tree Tavern
DINNER - Chefs de France

Aug 2nd
LUNCH - Offsite
DINNER - Jiko

Aug 3rd
LUNCH - Chefs de France
DINNER - California Grill

Aug 4th
LUNCH - Flame Tree BBQ
DINNER - Tokyo Dining

Aug 5th
LUNCH - Somewhere in DTD (maybe Paradiso 37)
DINNER - Artist Point

Aug 6th
LUNCH - Rose & Crown
DINNER - The Wave

Aug 7th
LUNCH - Kona Cafe
DINNER - Chefs de France

Aug 8th
BREAKFAST - Boma or Kona

Just got all caught up - you're gonna have to pull your finger out to finish your May/Jun reviews before you head on back to the World :rotfl:

Man, I have to wait 3 more months and that stinks!

DH is going back to Orlando next month for business and he gets to eat at WPE and EOS and get treats from Goofys Candy...not fair that I cannot get away with him!

Man, I have to wait 3 more months and that stinks!

DH is going back to Orlando next month for business and he gets to eat at WPE and EOS and get treats from Goofys Candy...not fair that I cannot get away with him!

Aww Nicki! :hug:

Those 3 months will fly by! Especially with the online ADR system and the fact that WDW lists menus on their site now! It is keeping my occupied regularly :lmao:

I promise I'll do super detailed reviews so you can live through me on my upcoming trip! I think I'm even going to do the live blog from my iPhone again! :goodvibes

Sunshine Seasons

After riding Soarin both Alice and I were starving, so we grabbed some breakfast from Sunshine Seasons

ry%3D400

We each had chocolate milk to drink. Alice had the famous strawberry shortcake (loved it) and I had the world's largest chocolate chip muffin! Seriously, it was delicious, but I could only eat about half.

Le Cellier

We cut it really close heading to this ADR! After Soarin' and Living with the Land, we decided to see how long the wait was for the Seas with Nemo & Friends. The sign said 10 minutes and we had 40 minutes until our ADR. Great :thumbsup2 ....or NOT! We got in and the line seemed to be moving well.....then we got stuck in the boat room for 20 minutes! The line finally started moving again and we got on the ride 15 minutes after that. When we exited the pavilion it was our ADR time!

Thankfully the CM at Le Cellier was understanding and we were seated immediately.

We were seated right in the middle of the room (my least favorite section) I think we were in Manitoba...but I can't recall. Our server was pretty lack luster, no facts about the province, no spiel about the breads :headache: I mean yes, we are Canadian but we appreciate the trivia too!

Oooo look!

ry%3D400

Empty Le Cellier! :scared1::lmao:

On to the food :woohoo:

ry%3D400

Bread...yum!

We both started with...

ry%3D400

Cheese Soup! Oh nectar of the gods...hehehe ok well not quite but GOD this stuff is good!

ry%3D400

I had a Torontotini for my drink. It was basically a cosmopolitan with chambord added. Very yummy!

For our main, we split

ry%3D400

The BBQ Chicken Sandwich. It comes with maple bbq sauce, cheddar cheese and pancetta. It was good, not great. We subbed the cream cheese potatoes in instead of fries.

We felt this meal was good, but nothing stellar. Unfortunately I have misplaced my bill....it was about $40 with tip.

We give Le Cellier:
3/5 for Service
4/5 for Food
3/5 for Ambience

OVERALL = :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 1/2/5

Chefs de France

This was Alice's request, which I happily obliged as it is one of my favorite restaurants!

We arrived a few minutes before our ADR and we taken straight in. Ok, time for me to get on my soapbox a second...

I am 24, Anna is 23 and at Disney we tend to look a bit younger as we don't truly dress up or wear much makeup (what's the point? It's WAY too hot for that lol). On several occassions we were walked to THE crappiest little excuse for a 2 top table. In this case it was wedged into a little corner by the bathroom. Um...no thank you. This happens to me quite often when I go out with my girlfriends, yet never happens when I'm out with a guy. What gives? :confused3

Anyways...enough of my little rant. We asked for another table and were seated at a 4 top in the front section. Much better :cloud9:

I was excited to try the new version of the French Menu. There were 3 selections for appetizers, 4 for entrees and 3 for desserts.

What we ended up doing was Alice ordering off the French Menu and me ordering a la carte.

We both started with...

ry%3D400

I love this soup! I think I love it even more than Le Cellier's, blasphemous I know LOL but I really could have it every night and be perfectly happy.

I had...
ry%3D400

The filet with potato gratin and harricot vert. My favorite entree at Chefs

Alice had...
ry%3D400

The roasted chicken. She said it was very moist and tender and that the hashbrown-style potatoes were delicious.

And for dessert...we both had....
ry%3D400

Profiteroles...cream puffs filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with a rich, thick chocolate sauce. These are so simply, but so wonderful!

I actually have a funny story about our server. I don't remember too much about him, but this sticks out. At every meal Alice and I noticed a lot of "Celebrations" mostly birthdays and that meant we heard "Happy Birthday" sung a LOT.

So as we were waiting for our entrees, it had been a fairly lengthy amount of time...say 15 minutes. We had noticed a lot of birthday desserts being delivered and at Chefs a group of waitstaff go to the table and sing. Well we were getting fed up and Alice said sarcastically "Well maybe he is the best singer or something!" and right at that very moment our waiter appeared at the table next to ours with a birthday dessert, singing. Perhaps it was the timing and the fact that we had heard the song so many times but we found this absolutely HILARIOUS :rotfl:

Overall, we give Chefs de France:
4/5 for Service
5/5 for Food
5/5 for Ambience

OVERALL = :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 1/2/5

10 DAYS!!

:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

I cannot believe how FAST this trip is coming! Part of the speed can be attributed to the fact that my entire office (5 floors of a downtown skyscrapper, 500 employees) is moving on July 30th :scared1:

I work in the marketing department so we are scrambling to get signage, ADs, welcome packages, newsletters, press releases, client mailings and a whole other whack of things done ASAP.

The office move is actually the reason I am taking this vacation :goodvibes All staff were required to take July 31st - Aug 9th off. I was a bit disgruntled about this at first as I didn't have plans to GO anywhere.

Then a few days before my May/June trip my DDad suggested that we take that week I was off and go again! :cloud9:

After the stress of this move I am definitely going to need a vacation!

I have changed my ADRs, for the last time (i think :rolleyes1)

July 30th
- We are leaving Toronto at 6pm and driving to Buffalo to spend the night.
DINNER - Cracker Barrel!

July 31st
- Arrival Day
BREAKFAST - Buffalo Airport
DINNER - Kona Cafe

Aug 1st
- MK/Epcot
BREAKFAST - Kona Island Coffee Bar
LUNCH - Liberty Tree Tavern
DINNER - Chefs de France

Aug 2nd
- AK/DTD
BREAKFAST - Pastries in Animal Kingdom
LUNCH - Flame Tree BBQ
DINNER - Romano's Macaroni Grill (we *love* this place and don't have them in Canada :sad1:)

Aug 3rd
- Epcot/Contemporary
BREAKFAST - Sunshine Seasons
LUNCH - Chefs de France
DINNER - California Grill

Aug 4th
- DHS/Epcot
BREAKFAST - Starring Rolls
LUNCH - Red Lobster on I Drive
DINNER - Tokyo Dining

Aug 5th
- Typhoon Lagoon/DTD/Animal Kingdom Lodge
BREAKFAST - Cafe Rix
DINNER - Jiko

Aug 6th
- Epcot/MK
BREAKFAST - Cafe Rix
LUNCH - Rose & Crown
DINNER - The Wave

Aug 7th
- MK/Epcot
BREAKFAST - Kona Island Coffee Bar
LUNCH - Kona Cafe
DINNER - Chefs de France

Aug 8th
- Departure Day
BREAKFAST - Kona Cafe

Girl...I wanna go with ya!

Cannot wait to hear all about it, I make my ressies on Friday morning *you know I am gonna be up at 6am to do it internet style* but your reviews might have me changing them up!

Have a wonderful trip, safe travels, eat and drink alot and take a ton of pics!

9 DAYS!!​

I'm so excited! :banana: This vacation is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment! LOL

Last night I started pondering all the wonderful things I haven't tried at WDW

So here is my list of new things to try this trip:
- Dole Whip Float :scared1: I've only ever had the soft serve and never the float
- School bread
- Kaki Gori
- Fudge from any of the confectionaries
- Welsh Dragon from Rose & Crown
- Grey Goose Slushie from France
- Italian margarita from...well duh Italy lol
- Pistachio Creme Brulee from Jiko
- Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake from Liberty Tree Tavern

Any other suggestions of great snacks & drinks?

Girl...I wanna go with ya!

Cannot wait to hear all about it, I make my ressies on Friday morning *you know I am gonna be up at 6am to do it internet style* but your reviews might have me changing them up!

Have a wonderful trip, safe travels, eat and drink alot and take a ton of pics!

Hey Nicki!

:lmao: I wish you could come! We could drink around the world :rolleyes1

I made most of my ADRs online this time around and had no issue finding availability.

I'm really looking forward to trying The Wave, everything looks so good!

Haha! What ADRs are you thinking of so far?

This is scary. Not only have you worked at Best Buy before (and hated it as much as I did) but you are also a Disney fiend from TORONTO! What's even scarier is that I left there in August 2008 too! Did you last longer than 2 weeks at Best Buy? If you did, I worship thee. I know some Best Buy head honcho could read this and I may be deemed a ruthless, inappropriate ex-employee but who cares! They are the WORST company to work for. Every day it feels as if they accuse you of stealing and if you do one small error, you're written up! Disgusting. Not for me! I happily moved on to a better place....

I completely envy you for being able to take so many trips to WDW. How do you do it? You must not be flying out of Toronto, unless your salary is through the roof! (And in this economy, I highly doubt it :laughing: )

I'll be flying down in a couple weeks to visit my sister (current cast member) staying at CSR. Any suggestions, hints, and/or tips would be greatly appreciated! We've already requested Casitas 4 or 5, will have our own car, and on the DDP. So Exciting!!! :cheer2:

I can't wait to read through all your reviews. Since I only discovered your thread today, I have A LOT of catching up to do!

WOW! That is freaky lol. I was at Best Buy 10 months :headache:

I have a great salary for a writer but not enough to fly out of Pearson International :lmao: we fly out of Buffalo :thumbsup2 Southwest Airlines all the way!

My two fave drinks are on your list, Grey Goose and Italian Margarita...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Oh drinks! Hehe I think that will be my next post ;)

One Tequila...Two Tequila....Three Tequila....Floor :lmao:

This time next week I will be checking in to Coronado Springs!! :lovestruc

TigerKat got me thinking about drinks for this trip and my must haves ;)

Here we go:
Lapu Lapu at the Polynesian
Welsh Dragon at the Rose & Crown (NEW)
Grey Goose Slushie in France (NEW)
Pomegranate Kir in France
Italian Margarita in Italy (NEW)
Frozen Margarita in Mexico
Mt Fuji at Tokyo Dining
I've heard about the Kilimarita or something at Jiko (NEW)
Pomegranate Martini at one of the resort lounges
Magical Star Cocktail at one of the resort lounges
Conundrum at the California Grill
Francisco Margarita from Siesta's
Sunken Treasure at the Polynesian

Ooookay...lol I think that is enough for one trip :rolleyes1

I've also been checking out the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace offerings :woohoo: and here are the ones I am most excited about:

Athens, Greece
• Spanakopita (Savory Spinach and Cheese Pastry)
• Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki (Finally! I thought that it was odd not to have souvlaki!)

Bangkok, Thailand - NEW
• Chicken and Coconut Soup, with Mushrooms, Lemongrass & Ginger
• Green Papaya Salad with Shrimp

Barcelona, Spain
• Taste of Spain (Serrano Ham, Chorizo, Manchego, Olives, Tomato Bread)
• Crema Catalana (apparently this is a spanish version of Creme Brulee!)

Bologna, Italy
• Pizza
• Cannelloni (I wish they had kept the baked ziti :sad2:)• Polpetti (Italian Meatballs with traditional tomato sauce)

Cape Town, South Africa
• Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Purée, Mango Barbecue Sauce

Cork, Ireland
• Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's Pie (Wow, two lobster items this year!)• Kerrygold® Cheese Selection: Aged-Irish Cheddar, Dubliner and Ivernia Cheese with Apple Chutney and Brown Bread
• Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache (Mmmm!)
Melbourne, Australia
• Grilled Lamb Chop, Red Wine Sauce, Murray River Sea Salt (I like the sounds of this pairing better than caramelized onion jam)• Lamington (this sounds very interesting, perhaps a lamb version of beef wellington?)

Mexico City, Mexico
• Taco de Cochinita Pibil (Corn Tortilla filled with Shredded Pork and Purple Onions)
• Mousse de Piña y Coco (pineapple coconut mousse? Cool!)

Montreal, Canada
• Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup (Well duh! There would be a riot if they removed this!)
• Spicy Chicken Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta (Being from Canada I have no idea how this is "Canadian" :rotfl:)
• Maple Sugar Candy (definitely more Canadian than last years offering!)

Munich, Germany
• Späetzle Gratin with Ham and Cheese (German variation of mac & cheese?)

New Delhi, India (I am typically NOT a fan but this menu sounds great!)
• Mango Lassi (Chilled Mango Yogurt Drink)
• Rava Masala Dosa, Sambal (Potato and Onion filled Pastry, Sambal)
• Gulab Jamun (Fried Dough in Rose Syrup with Pistachio)

New Orleans, Louisiana
• Chicken and Andouille Gumbo (is this a different gumbo than last year?)
• Praline Bread Pudding, Bourbon Caramel Sauce (oh sweet nectar of the gods! I'm SO happy they brought this back!)

Paris, France
• Escargot Persillade en Brioche (yay! Little snail pastries return ;) Love these!)
• Cabernet Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes (God this sounds good!)
• Chocolate Milk Creme Brûlée (shouldn't this be MILK Chocolate?)

Rio de Janiero, Brazil - NEW (Not 100% sure what either of these are, but they sound good!)
• Shrimp Stew with Coconut and Lime
• Grilled Pork Skewer with Farofa

San Juan, Puerto Rico
• Ham Croquette/Croquettas de Jamon (Yum!)• Arroz con Pollo (Chicken with Rice) (Hopefully more complex than it sounds)
• Guava Cookie (Panatela Masa Real )

Santiago, Chile
• Rock Shrimp Ceviche
• Corn and Cheese Arepa (Looks like arepa is a cousin to the tortilla?)
• Alfajores (Dulce de Leche Cookie)

Shanghai, China
• Chicken Ürümqi (Ürümqi is a city, it seems they traditionally roast meat, maybe roast chicken?)
• Shrimp or Beef Rice Pancake (Interesting...lol)

Tokyo, Japan
• Tuna Sensation (I'm dying to know exactly what this is)

Wellington, New Zealand
• Seared Sea Scallop with Vegetable Slaw, Lemon Oil (Woohoo! I love scallops)

The Brewer's Collection
• Warm Pretzel Bread Stick with Cheese Dip (Anyone else thinking screw the cheese dip...I'll have it with the Canadian Cheese Soup! ;))

Desserts & Champagne — NEW (I can see myself spending a lot of time here :rolleyes1)
• Austrian Gugelhupf (Austrian Bundt Cake)
• Strawberry Shortcake
• Frozen Grand Marnier Parfait, Orange Coulis
• Champagne

Hops & Barley
Location: Between the Morocco and France Pavilions (Why isn't this at the American Adventure??)
• Boston-style Crab Cake with Cabbage Slaw and Remoulade
• New England Lobster Roll

The Mouse Catch (So glad they kept this and added 2 new cheeses!)
• Dorothea — Dutch Cheese
• Piave — Italian Cheese
• Mahon — Spanish Cheese

OMG I'm leaving on THURSDAY!!!

Ahhh! :scared1::woohoo: I cannot believe how quickly this trip is coming! My office is in a state of chaos and I really need to get packing soon :rolleyes1 both for work and for the trip!! :laughing:

I got some exciting news on Friday! My friend Belle_373 :hug: and her DBF are going to be at WDW from Aug 4th to the 11th! We'll be meeting up for a lunch at Chefs de France on Aug 6th :goodvibes It looks like our paths might cross on the 4th or 5th as well!

I have been dreaming about Disney food all weekend :rolleyes1 not to mention dreaming about Cracker Barrel (our traditional dinner in Buffalo the night before we fly!)

79 hours and counting....yup I'm that much of a geek :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter